Olympic Basketball

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jul 25, 2021.

1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

sorry, but that is incorrect

Men's teams have won 16 of 20 Olympic Golds in basketball:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_basketball

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

16 Olympic gold medals for the men's team and 9 for the women's team. The women have won 7 straight and the men have only one 4 straight.

3. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I was gonna say post pics!
    I've wanted to go to Japan for a while now, I had to go check your IG (I haven't been on IG much) cause I figured you'd have taken some nice photos. Makes me want to go even more.

Lame about the quarantine, makes sense though. Glad you were able to have a few days to get out and experience public though. I've heard great things about Japan from basically everyone I've ever known who's been there.

Was this your first time there?

You are fortunate G!

THE HCP and riverman like this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

watched that scrappy tiny Japanese women's team play their heart out in that medal game...I was really impressed with how they never gave up and how those two small guards could blow around someone like Brittany Gainer and make a layup or shoot a 3 over Taurasi.....USA never lost control of the game but Japan made them play for it...their switching and help defense was impressive..enjoyed the game....Brittany Gainer has really good hands in the post and Stewart also impressed the hell out of me...she's a hustle machine.

5. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

I tried to watch it also. Yes the Japanese women worked hard and the USA never really lost control of that game. They deserve some respect.
    That being said i just can't watch women's basketball. Doesn't hold my interest at all. High School level boys are more dynamic than what you watch in the WNBA or International Women's levels.