Politics OMG Carly with huge 100% gain in polls

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Sep 18, 2015.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    That's exactly what I did. I said you're delusional and why. Are you saying mine was a personal attack and yours wasn't? That's fine... I have the skin to take your hypocrisy. It's just words and I'm sure you will watch your words from this point forward.

2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Personally, I'm tired of getting played by the politicians on the abortion issue. Right or wrong, the issue has been resolved by the Supreme Court. All of this other blather that comes around every election is just an attempt by one party or the other to try to suck up your vote based upon a response to this non-issue instead of by putting out a candidate that is actually worth a damn.

How's that for Tuesday morning cynicism?

3. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
  4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So you want to abort the abortion issue?

5. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I am pro-choice to ignore the stupid thing.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Cut it out, you two.

MARIS61 and riverman like this.
  7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Dude you're not making sense. Regardless of what the idiots say about Obama, he's a christian. He supports the exceptions on abortion and is Pro-Choice. I will NEVER vote for a Pro-Life candidate let alone one who doesn't support the exceptions. Rubio is a RapePublican who doesn't give a SHIT if a 13 year old girl is raped by her uncle. He wants to FORCE her to have the baby. By wanting him on the ticket, you don't give a shit about that girl either.

8. SlyPokerDog

We should pay abortions reparations.

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

No, your post was stating I'm delusional. That's it.

10. SlyPokerDog

Go back and reread his post, he's saying that I'm delusional.

I think on that both of you can agree.

dviss1 likes this.
  11. magnifier661

I actually love it! Well said...

12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I voted for a christian EVERY single time I voted for president. So what are you talking about Mags?? One thing I've NEVER voted for and will never vote for is a "Pro-Life" (Pro birth not pro life) candidate irregardless of their religion. Get your mind right and stop burning straw men.

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

All I'm saying is that if you are Pro-life I'm not voting for you. ESPECIALLY if you don't support the exceptions. Your religion has nothing to do with this.

14. magnifier661

15. magnifier661

Did you vote for Bill Clinton?

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Yes I did:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Bill_Clinton_Abortion.htm

1980s: pro-choice since Bible defines life starting at birth
    Bill Clinton was struggling over the definition of human life. He asked his pastor, Vaught, whether he could provide some insight.
    Vaught was one of the leading abortion opponents among Little Rock clergy, but he said he shared some of Clinton’s ambivalence, having personally witnessed “some extremely difficult” pregnancies. He was not convinced that the Bible forbade abortion in all circumstances.

The minister went to his Bible to reconsider, after which Vaught determined that in the original Hebrew, “personhood” stemmed from words translated as “to breathe life into.” Thus, he averred, the Bible would define a person’s life as beginning at birth, with the first intake of breath. He reportedly told the governor that this did not mean that abortion was right, but he felt one could not say definitively, based on Scripture, that it was murder.

In all of his discussions about abortion thereafter, Clinton relied on his minister’s interpretation to bolster his pro-choice position.

1993: Undid draconian family planning policies
    On the 4th day of the Clinton presidency, Jan. 23, the 20th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, Bill Clinton signed, in a televised Oval Office ceremony, a series of executive orders undoing the draconian policies of the Reagan-Bush era relating to abortion, contraception, and family planning.
    Hillary had pushed unequivocally for the orders, but Bill’s pollster argued that she was dead wrong on the timing of such a hot-button issue; by acting on abortion policy as one of the administration’s first pieces of business, the president and, worse, Hillary, would be perceived as governing from the left. But Hillary regarded the prohibitions in question as a powerful symbol of Reagan-era policies, and an opportunity to declare boldly that the Clinton era had begun. There was an additional appeal: it was fiscally neutral, monetarily cost-free, and not subject to a drawn-out legislative process.

Roe v. Wade was the right decision
    Everyone knows life begins biologically at conception. No one knows when biology turns into humanity. Most abortions that don’t involve the life or health of the mother are chosen by scared young women and girls who don’t know what else to do. It’s hard to apply the criminal law to acts that a substantial portion of the citizenry doesn’t believe should be labeled crimes, (as with Prohibition). I thought then [in the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision] and still believe that the Court reached the right conclusion.

Vetoed partial birth abortion ban for having no exceptions
    Opponents of a ban on partial birth abortions claimed that it was used only when necessary to protect the mother's life. Unfortunately for that argument, the physician who is the best-known practitioner of these abortions stated in 1993 that 80% of them are "purely elective," not necessary to save the mother's life or health. Partial birth understates the matter. The baby is outside the mother except for its head, which is kept in the mother only to avoid a charge of infanticide. Full birth is inches away and could easily be accomplished.
    President Clinton did, in fact, veto the bill banning partial birth abortion, demanding a vague exception for health that would have amounted to a ratification of almost all such abortions. His veto and the feminist demand for what is, in truth, infanticide underscore the casual brutality born of nihilism that is an ever more prominent feature of our culture.

Reversed global gag order on family planning
    In Kazakhstan, I visited a small women's-wellness center funded through US foreign aid. Because of the unavailability of contraception, abortion had become a common form of family planning under communism. The Clinton Administration's policy was to make abortion "safe, legal and rare." We worked to discourage abortion and minimize the spread of sexually transmitted diseases by providing aid for family planning and improved maternal health. This policy contradicted the global gag rule that had been imposed by President Reagan, continued by Bush and rescinded by Bill on the second day of his Presidency (later reinstated by George W. Bush). The doctors at the Almaty clinic told me that the rates of both abortion and maternal deaths were decreasing, further proof that our practical policy was more effective at making abortion rare than the Republicans' more visceral anti-contraception approach.

1993: allowed abortions on overseas U.S. military bases
    Bill Clinton’s feminist cheerleaders and the abortion lobby had to wait only two days into the Clinton presidency before a memorandum was issued allowing abortions on U.S. military bases overseas, another reversal of Reagan and Bush policy.Source: The Final Days, by Barbara Olson, p. 79 , Sep 25, 2003

Require Medicaid to pay for abortions for poor women
    Promise: to overturn laws prohibiting federal abortion funding.
    Status: During the Reagan and Bush Administrations, these services had been banned by the Hyde Amendment. Now, federal law requires Medicaid to pay for abortions for poor women in cases of rape or incest.

Source: State of the Union, by T.Blood & B.Henderson, p.101 , Aug 1, 1996

Revoke Mexico City Policy: family planning ok in foreign aid
    Promise: To allow US funds to support international family planning and population control efforts.
    Status: The Mexico City Policy which banned funding to worldwide family planning groups was revoked by Presidential Memorandum on January 22, 1993. Roughly $40 million--the first funding since 1985--was in the budget for FY94. The Administration announced that by the year 2000 comprehensive family planning services would be available to "every woman in the world who wants them."

Source: State of the Union, by T.Blood & B.Henderson, p.134 , Aug 1, 1996

Let women decide with their doctor and their God
    Americans believe deeply in the need to keep government out of private, personal matters. That is one reason why I am pro-choice. I believe we should all work to reduce the number of abortions. That is why I have worked to reduce teen pregnancy, remove barriers to cross-racial adoption, and provide tax credits to families willing to adopt. Still, I believe the ultimate choice should remain a matter for a woman to decide in consultation with her conscience, her doctor, and her God.

17. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

magnifier661 likes this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Someday Trump will count to 10, snap his fingers and mags will come out of his stupor not remembering the summer of 2015 or any of the posts and threads he's started....there's hope

dviss1 likes this.
  19. magnifier661

But I agree that he is very "pro-choice".

20. magnifier661

She's very very smart with this type of thing. What she isn't is "someone that can actually lead". Someone that has their own ideas or at least can generate policies that she can call her own.