OMG! Glacier melt may have become “unstoppable.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MarAzul, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Says the guy who thinks anyone who wants to live past 75 is selfish.

Your are ideologically blind, that's very clear.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Emmanuel and I don't look anything alike. I'm not sure how you can get us mixed up.

barfo

3. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I pretty much quoted you verbatim.

4. barfo

Well, maybe I am Emmanuel, then. Wish I could remember my first name. I know it isn't Rahm.

barfo

5. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Another verbatim quote.

6. barfo

Actually, I just looked back and you pretty much did not quote me verbatim. Also, I learned from that thread that you are a pedophile. You should be ashamed of yourself.

barfo

7. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Baseless accusation. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not the one standing by the liar in chief.

8. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Why do you think the ACA put a tax on these health care plans if they continue?
    They want the self insured plans to be a thing of the past so that everyone buys insurance from the government approved plans, so that we are all in the same pools.

Nothing fair for anyone to tax health plans, it doesn't make sense. They taxed them to make them go away just like cigarettes. To further this line to force people to buy insurance there is another cute little provision. In order to receive HRA funding, I must purchase insurance even though I don't need it. Having my wife purchase insurance is not enough to satisfy the government rule. The federal government is holding us all by a fucking tether while the insurance companies rifle your pockets.

Geez!

9. barfo

I'm not sure that's true. From everything I've seen, self-insured plans actually allow a company to avoid some of the ACA taxes, and thus there is speculation that more companies will move to self-insurance. For example:

http://blogs.hallrender.com/insights/2013/03/07/health-care-reform-leads-employers-to-consider-self-funded-medical-plans-2/

http://johntorinus.com/blog/obamacare-and-business/smaller-firms-will-go-self-insured/

barfo

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    uh, I have not checked all companies but I do know of at least a million people that had they insurance coverage discontinued when the tax was implemented and it became a legal alternative to discontinue the coverage instead. It does seem intuitively obvious the choice the company would take and the choice the government preferred they choose.

The articles you put forward are pertinent to employees, not retired employees. The is no fine for dropping them, as a matter of fact that is part of the problem, the act made it entirely legal to drop us, we have no recourse.

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Your dishonest employer simply used a future (Obama already suspended the penalty for now) loophole to renege on his/her wage and perk agreement with you. At the least you should receive the cash equivalent from your employer, or should report them to the state. The current Oregon State Labor Commissioner is the most agressive we've ever had. Honest employers nationwide continue to honor their contracts and pension agreements.

12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Several million plans were cancelled before Obama illegally changed the law (he's being sued over that in several venues).

13. barfo

You make a good point that those articles are about employees rather than retirees. How about this one instead?

http://business.time.com/2013/09/09/what-obamacare-means-for-corporate-retiree-insurance-coverage/

I think you may be putting the blame where it doesn't belong. But I could be wrong about that, and would be happy to review evidence to the contrary.

barfo

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Atlantis hasn't happened yet.

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!

Well let me keep it simple. The ACR gave the Corporations a choice of two options where retired Employees are concerned.

1. Continue taking the risk of insuring the retirees and spouses. Pay an additional tax if you do.

2. Forget about it. You are no longer required to cover these people.
    If you take this option, you may provide them with a HRA to replace the Insurance previously provide, IF they buy insurance.

Fine. except My wife needs insurance not I, but I have to buy it by regulations in order to get the HRA funded. So about half the fund is squandered to get the part that pays for her insurance. Last year it worked, this year it doesn't.

16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  17. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Just sent a note to Gina Dearth, the director of the Port of Bandon regarding an opinion of hers published in the local news paper.

She is opposing the creation of a National Marine Sanctuary that will encompass all the ocean between Bandon and Port Orford out as far as international treaties will permitt.

The note:
    I just read Gina's opinion in Western World. Two lines in this opinion stood out to me.

"Climate change and ocean health are fear tactics."

"Turning over vast areas of ocean waters to the federal government to manage is beyond comprehension."

Bravo! And I would like to thank her for having the courage to speak the truth for all to hear.

We are very near the end of a cycle of the interglacial cycle where warming always occurs and oceans always rise.
    The seas have risen some 190 feet now, covering the land bridge that enabled the original people to North America.
    This bridge has long been covered by the rising seas which are most likely to rise perhaps .5 feet more.

This is the first cycle of the interglacial cycle that man has been present so this is new experience but no reason to panic.
    Surely there is no reason to blame man for this cycle,
    there is nothing different from prior cycles except man is here and the Dinosaur is not.

18. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Somewhere barfo is shrieking in terror.

19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Just sent the following note to Gina Dearth, the director of the Port of Bandon concerning her opinion published in the local new paper. She is opposing the creation of a National Marine Sanctuary the will stretch from Bandon to Port Orford and out as far as international treaty will permit.

The Note:

I just read Gina's opinion in Western World. Two lines in this opinion stood out to me.

"Climate change and ocean health are fear tactics."

"Turning over vast areas of ocean waters to the federal government to manage is beyond comprehension."

Bravo! And I would like to thank her for having the courage to speak the truth for all to hear.

We are very near the end of a cycle of the interglacial cycle where warming always occurs and oceans always rise.
    The seas have risen some 190 feet now, covering the land bridge that enabled the original people to North America.
    This bridge has long been covered by the rising seas which are most likely to rise perhaps .5 feet more.

This is the first cycle of the interglacial cycle that man has been present so this is new experience but no reason to panic.
    Surely there is no reason to blame man for this cycle,
    there is nothing different from prior cycles except man is here and the Dinosaur is not.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Holy shit did I misread this thread title...I thought it would be about glaciers and it's another Obamacare debate..sheesh