On the bright side...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Rudy Fernandez looks solid. I don't see why he wont average 16 ppg this season. I think he'll be more of a reliable scoring option than LaMarcus.

He played against inferior comp in garbage time but Nicolas Batum looked great.

2. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

He won't be more reliable than Aldridge. Aldridge was consistently double teamed and denied the ball. I do think that if Rudy keeps up this play, he could eventually be a contender for 6MOTY and ROY.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

It disgusts me watching Rudy handle the ball, it's like playing against the kid who you can predict which way he is going to go just by watching him dribble. Don't shake and bake Rudy, just catch and shoot.

4. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    Rudy played great, and showed no fear at all. He was the only guy who showed up consistently, and wasn't scared of the spotlight.
    Props to him.

And time to bench Outlaw, and start Batum. Outlaw cannot start worth a damn.

5. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

He was the leading scorer tonight and held Bryant scoreless for much of the first quarter.

It's obvious that we have 81 more games of Outlaw bashing no matter what Travis does on the court.

6. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Bryant was scoreless because he didn't attempt a shot.....

He opted to pass, and then in the 3rd, after the Pryz foul, he toyed with Roy and Outlaw.

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I didn't offer commentary, I just noted that Bryant didn't score early and that Outlaw was the leading scorer and shot over 50% for the game.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I didn't mind his handle. He dribbles with a purpose and sets himself up with high percentage shots. He was effective shooting off the dribble from the FT line elbows. He's only going to get better and should be a handful once he figures out how to draw contact when he drives to the rim.

9. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    WHAT???? Outlaw was GREAT! He was the only starter that wasn't scared out there. Everyone was bricking but him. You're gonna blame Roy's bad play on Outlaw?

10. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    THANK YOU! Please stop the bashing.

11. roydezlaw

roydezlaw Member

Outlaw, Rudy and Joel were my favorite players on the floor last night. LaMarcus needs a little of Joels toughness. I don't see why Outlaw gets the blame for being able to get open shots. Roy couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough with Kobe on him. Give Rudy time...he'll only get better. And as for our annointed big three... Roy, Frye:confused: and Bowie:sigh:...I think Rudy will be on that list sooner than later.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  12. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

I was impressed with Outlaw. I was impressed with his D, and he played MUCh better within the offense than usual, imo. Still not like a normal player, but not quite black hole.

I think he performed well. In the time Batum got, he looked amazing though. I think we should start Batum, but not because Outlaw played poorly, and not to punish him. I think he is well suited off the bench. I think Batum is ready to contribute.

Rudy was great. Bayless wasn't bad though there were rookie mistakes, Joel was good... Roy and Aldridge weren't on their games... Oden actually didn't play poorly, imo. He still had an impact on his sprained foot... still got rebounds and blocked shots. We should take off the ppg pressure on him though.

13. Webster's Dictionary

Webster's Dictionary I am Iron Man

Video Editor
    Yep. I really thought Outlaw did a "pretty good" job on Kobe. I mean, after all, it is Kobe Bryant. He probably got schooled twice. The rest of the time he was forcing tough shots. Kobe hits tough shots. As much as I despise him as a player and as a human snake, you have to admit that when he wants to score, he scores. Not even the Kobe stopper can do that...

Offensively I was impressed/surprised at how well Outlaw did. I was expecting a few games before he was comfortable in the starting unit, but he hit jumper after jumper in a game where the Fake show was sagging off and giving the jumper to everyone but Roy. Rudy and Travis were the only ones that took advantage.

14. BenDavis503x

BenDavis503x Suspended

Rudy is the best player on our team right now. Hands down.

15. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

You are quite full of it. One of the strongest parts of Rudy's game is his ability to change pace, change speeds, and break down defense's. Just because Portland was playing one of the stronger defensive teams in the league last night is no reason to go away from the strong points of your game.