One trade people will hate but we need to make.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by cmeese47, Feb 21, 2014.

1. sol12

sol12 Member

Glad the OP isn't a GM! :crazy:

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Plot twist: OP is actually the GM for Memphis.

3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

That is a good summary. I doubt very much that the OP would really make that trade either. I assume he was just bored and wanted to generate an irritating discussion. Conley is an excellent PG and TA was a excellent defender. But the bottom line is the Blazer management would be the laughing stock of the league if they made that trade.

4. sol12

sol12 Member

Lol, I was about to say, unless he's the GM for any of our potential playoff opponents.

5. Nate4Prez

Nate4Prez . . . .

Skimmed over this thread but I did not see one poster point out the fact that the OP made this post the day after the tread deadline had passed. If that's not trolling I don't know what is. New Forum Rule: No "Trade Suggestion Posts" until after the NBA Finals. Thank you.

6. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Batum becomes our third scorer.

7. cmeese47

Yes I can see all your posts.

8. cmeese47

Only reason to consider dealing Dame is because he is not a two way player, you get more of the same from Irving.

9. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I've asked this numerous times. Maybe since a more even-keeled poster made the request, it will now be taken seriously. :)

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Look in the mirror.

11. cmeese47

Since Stotts will teach as much defense as Diantoni may as well just get good defenders. Plus Chicago is good cause of the system and Gibson, Butler and especially Noah.

12. Natebishop3

No, that's false. He tries on defense, he just not very good yet. That's the whole point. Two way players at least try on defense. You aren't giving him any credit for at least trying.

He's only a second year player and he will improve. Go back and look at Conley's numbers when he was a second year player. His defensive rating was exactly the same as Dame.

13. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    The Bulls won last game against Toronto by 2. In Q1 and Q3 where Boozer plays and Taj doesn't, the Bulls outscored the Raptors 53-42.

Go figure.

Two guys can't guard all 5 opponents.

I'm with those who think the trade idea is insane.

14. cmeese47

Blast the trade all day but do so on topic. Posting stupid trades involving Durant or Lebron coming to Portland is just a vain attempt to derail the thread.

15. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I've tried. In replY, I get the "everybody has an opinion" bullshit, or even worse, nothing but an emoticon in response from the mods. Quite the business model. Alienate your long-time members while supporting new posters who think each mental bowel movement they have deserves a new thread.

This thread was even authored as a board troll just how it is titled.

16. Natebishop3

:stirthepot:

17. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

OK I feel like throwing in my .02

This board has changed a lot in the past 3 months or so. Personally I like the influx of new posters (even with some bugging the shit out of me). But what I didn't realize until HCP spelled it out is that some old time regulars don't seem to post as much anymore . . . and that sucks.

I'm not around enough to know if posters are not around or if I just happen to be missing them when I jump on line. But when skimming through the threads and during the time I am on here, these days it feels different and I think I just figured out why. It's not just an influx of new posters but an out-flux of some old time posters.

I hope the old time posters who now lurk, jump back in and get more active. I think the influx of new poster will sort itself out. Personalities and agenda will be identified in time (smart group of posters on here) and hopefully the addition of new posters will eventually lead itself to more quality Blazer talk . . . and maybe even some more gatherings with new faces.

I have a Dream . . . . . . .

18. cmeese47

That was half the damn point of the thread, it was foreshadowing, Lillard gets destroyed in the playoffs, Portland loses in the first round so Portland makes a deal to shore up their defense.

Conley is an All NBA defensive player and is posting a 21 plus PER with similar USG to Lillard. I personally think he is a better player than Lillard.

As far as Lillard trying on defense I respect that but he is just not getting it done.

Lastly, because the deal would have to be completed in the off season it be contingent on playoff success or lack thereof.

19. Natebishop3

The people who stopped posting are the same people who were screaming out our record any time someone offered a criticism of the team. Now those same people have suddenly disappeared while the team isn't doing so well. It's interesting because it was the opposite when the team was doing very well. The trolls "sky is falling" trolls disappeared when the team was on an 11 game win streak. From this I can draw the conclusion that the "haters" don't want to post when the team is doing well, and the "homers" don't want to post when the team is doing poorly.

20. Natebishop3

And you're being extremely short sighted if you don't see that Lillard has a much higher ceiling than Conley. He's in his second year. At this stage in his career, Conley was horrible. Memphis was trying to dump him for Travis Outlaw (at least that was the rumor.) Seriously, did you look at the stats I linked you?

You're comparing Lillard to a guy who is playing in his seventh season. Of course he's going to be better in some areas.

Conley averaged 10.9 ppg, 4.3 assists, 3.4 rebounds, and a 14.3 PER.

Dame is averaging 20.9 ppg, 5.7 assists, 3.6 rebounds, and a 19.1 PER.

Hell, I'll even spot you a few years. I'll compare their stats when Conley was 23 (Dame's age.) He had been in the league four years at this point.

Conley averaged 13.7 ppg, 6.5 assists, 3.0 rebounds, and a 15.9 PER.