Opinions on the new additions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Nov 9, 2019.

1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

And he has been dealing with nagging injuries for essentially half the season so far.

hoopsjock likes this.
  2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    As far as Kanter is concerned do people not remember a couple of threads about how he sucks and we shouldn't have signed him?

The thing about Whiteside and Bazemore is that if they stay this way we can still trade them for better fitting pieces. It's almost a certainty now.

BonesJones and kjironman1 like this.
  3. kjironman1

HailBlazers and oldmangrouch like this.
  4. kjironman1

yeah I think there is a bigger plan.

hoopsjock likes this.
  5. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

That would make all kinds of sense. With tons of expiring contracts available this season, it won't be easy.

6. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    A lot of the other teams that have expiring contracts are in a situation where the contracts are more valuable to keep and improve their cap situation moving forward. Those teams might not be willing to trade them for players that have multiple years left on their contracts.

These are just examples but I doubt there would be too many teams willing to give up future flexibility for cap killing guys like Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, and Otto Porter. I'm not advocating for or against those specific guys but I'm talking about in general.

BonesJones likes this.
  7. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Fair point.

hoopsjock likes this.
  8. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Whiteside- being scapegoated. Remember who he was traded for. I think he’s be fine and he’s not 100%. He’s a band aid and not the problem. He’s one of only three Blazers with a positive BPM.

Bazemore- Has been Portland’s best defender, but only Tolliver and Mario have graded out lower on the other end. But once again, remember who he was traded for.

Mario- Hasn’t done anything offensively, but grades out well on defense. What happened to point forward? Did Stotts quit on him just like he quits on everyone else not named Dame and CJ the minute they run into adversity, because lately he’s been reduced to just standing around. Either way, he should probably head back to the second unit and have his minutes reduced.

Tolliver- Objectively and subjectively the worst player in the rotation. His defense only grades out as average and has been a liability offensively. He looks washed up. His numbers say he was washed up last year as well. I get what he brings to the locker room, but he shouldn’t be playing, even with all the injuries. I’d rather give those 20 minutes to someone with a future in Portland, like Nas. Shit I’d even play Hoard over him.

9. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I never understood the "locker room" narrative about Tolliver and Gasol. I didn't see the need

the locker room already had Dame, and CJ, and Nurkic, and Zach. That should have been enough considering Portland's real need for more talent, especially considering the talent and experience that was leaving. As you said, Tolliver sure looks washed up and looked like that last season. And Gasol was 39 and less than 2 months removed from foot surgery when he was signed. I'd think Ezeli should have been the don't-do-it template for that signing

by the way, Tolliver was 'signed' 2 days before the moratorium even ended...why the rush?

BonesJones likes this.
  10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Why do I agree with almost everything you say this year? What the fuck happened...

Scalma and BlazerWookee like this.
  11. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

go fuck yourself.

Haakzilla and BonesJones like this.
  12. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

That's more like it :D