Oregon Ducks 2012-2013 Schedule

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Zalsa, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

You take away Barkleys deep ball threat downfield with a rover and make him have to be a dump and dodge passser for short yardage gains and have to work a long drive down the field and he will be exposed! Our defense will put paint on him!! Further our ducks can strike in 45 seconds, he'll have to be flawless next year, cause we're not going to spot him a three td cushion like last year....

2. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

True, our secondary has grown up, but so has Barkley and his recievers, and SC's running game ain't so bad either to burn off the clock.

3. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

I like that the Ducks play Colorado at home before the game vs USC

4. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Sure beats UW and Stanford back-to-back on the road before USC.

5. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Wouldn't that help us rise through the standings though? We have better opponents than Choklahoma

6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I'm of the opinion that the Ducks were in a trap game against USC last year. Last game at Husky Stadium on a night where UW celebrated their split title, big game at Stanford with ESPN Gameday there the next week, and then USC at home after winning both of those games.

If Oregon goes undefeated next year, they'll likely have beaten USC twice, and will have beaten Stanford once. That would be enough to get to another BCS title game. Lose a game, and the schedule comes into play. The Pac-10/12 has never put a team with a loss in a BCS title game before, and I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

7. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

I don't think there's a chance in hell that USC beats us twice in a year! NO way!!!

8. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

If Oregon does go undefeated, then they may get #3, but remember, USC is our only quality opponent, maybe Stanford and UW, and the slimmiest chance being Utah. USC has Notre Dame and the same teams I mentioned above with ORegon as their quality opponent.

It's gonna be hell come the Ducks to the Coliseum. If we do beat them in the Coliseum, then great. Revenge for Autzen. However, they WILL win the south unless Utah nuts up and we have a rematch.

Is it possible for USC and the Ducks to be #1/#2 by the time of the Pac-12 Title Game?

9. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

not very likely, as that would require Oregon or USC to have 1 loss to get the rematch. Pac12, nor any school not from the SEC, would get that kind of love IMO, unless a crap load of teams lose 2 games above them in the rankings I guess.

10. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

We're playing them again next season? I thought we switched off seasons because we didn't play UCLA this year.

11. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I believe it goes 2 years on and 2 years off. So 2013 and 2014 we would have UCLA Home and Away but Dodge USC.

12. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Bleacher report has Oregon losing to USC by a field goal due to "no DT or LMJ" and "lolBarkley and recievers".

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Notre Dame was 8-5 last year... unranked again and pretty mediocre. They matter because the Irish have a lot of fans (ratings).

It's possible but unlikely. There are only 3 game weekends between the Colosseum matchup and the P-12TG. Even if both teams boatrace the rest of their schedules, whoever loses that Coliseum game will probably be dropped well down in the rankings and won't have enough time, or strength of schedule, to recover and be #2 again.

STOMP