Oren Oneal career could be over before it begins

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by The Return of the Raider, Aug 24, 2008.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I feel really bad for Oren. The guy is so young, and had so much potential ahead of him. He got a Terrell Davis type of injury on Saturday night during a damn preseason game. I hate preseason.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Some more miscellaneous moves for the Raiders:
    http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/08/25/cooper-among-cuts/
    Kind of surprised we got rid of Cooper. Not a huge shocker but he was a fixture and special teams leader for so long with us. As far as his safety skills go Rashad Baker is a lot better IMO plus we're moving Tyvon Branch over to play safety so we got plenty of capable backups there.

Obviously picked up this FB to replace O'Neal but it'll probably be a drop in productivity because O'Neal was a very good reserve FB. Wonder if we claimed any WRs?

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Michael Bush is now getting reps as fullback. He hasn't played FB before, but I like the idea of having him as an extra receiver out of the backfield. This gives the defense something else to think about, I guess. I know we have a few Bush fans here, and it should make us all happy to see him get on the field more often than he would have a week ago.