Orlando wins the bid

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by twolvefan11, Jul 13, 2003.

1. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think it was the weather that made his decision.....i guess the media were wrong..they said howard had agreed to join the wolves an inside source said....wonder who mchale and joe D will get now....as i know both wanted him...</div>

man this sh!t goes to show you you cant believe anyone when they are talkin FA... only the player in his mind knows where he is going... not even his wife or kids or best friend...

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Funny thing is howard lied also..he said he was going to go to a team to win..and win a title....then why go to Orlando? who don't have as good a chance than wolves or pistons..doesn't make sense

3. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

now the magic have a better chance at the finals then the pistons. :bigthumbup:

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

No they still don't..pistons still have the better team..magic will improve with this signing..but pistons will still be a top 3 seed again

5. Truemaster14

pistons :thumbsdown: magic :thumbsup:

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

:roll: Just by signing howard? you are on crack...joe D will make a move....or sign someone else....Free-agency is only just starting...so wait til the off-season is over to go judging other teams...and if magic are better or not

7. Truemaster14

I personally think joe dumars is over-rated. he got lucky once

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Also howard isn't signed yet..so pistons or wolves could still get him..and why does it say inside source? how come howard has no comments about it? espn also said maggette would sign the offer sheet with nuggets but he didn't...so until howard says he is going to the magic and he signs he could still go to minny

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">I personally think joe dumars is over-rated. he got lucky once</div>

Lucky how? god you come up with some really dumb statements..trading for rip is dumb? drafting okur is dumb..drafting prince is dumb? drafting darko? drafting this delino guy...helping the pistons to back to back 50 win seasons?

my word..it's better when you don't say anything..that way it makes you look less stupid

10. Truemaster14

okur is bench bound, prince needs to gain at least 60 pounds before he can do nything in the NBA, you have never seen darko or delfino play so how can you say drafting them was a good decision?

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

great move, we are going back to the top of the east!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sportsrock37":</div><div class="quote_post">great move, we are going back to the top of the east!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

No you are still at best 4th seed..

nets
    pistons
    pacers

all clearly better

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">okur is bench bound, prince needs to gain at least 60 pounds before he can do nything in the NBA, you have never seen darko or delfino play so how can you say drafting them was a good decision?</div>

No,okur can be a possible starter infact i ecpect he will be one..prince can be a 10 PPG scorer..who knows maybe better..i have seen darko..and delfino..also the other day...prince has to gain 60 pounds before he can do anything in the NBA? get real..didn't you see what he did in the playoffs as a rookie?

Really it is a waste of time me always having to explain stuff like this....

13. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

I dont think he'll play as good in orlando as the magic fans think.

14. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Good for the Magic. They finally have a 2nd scorer on that team other than Tmac.

15. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO, didn't he verbally agree to sign with the Timberwolves last week?</div>

MoFo should be put to court.

16. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Alley-oop":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont think he'll play as good in orlando as the magic fans think.</div>
    i agree.. especially since they dont need another PF/SF :roll:

17. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Put gooden and howard both down low and they can play off eachother. I still think a center would be best but whatever..

18. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

With Howard I think the Magic have a good shot at the third-seed. The Pacers have a more talent on their roster but haven't put it together yet.

That being said, Mcgrady would have to duplicate his dominant performance from last season and Gooden and Giricek need to build upon their strong performances last year. If that happens though, they have a good shot at the 3rd seed.

I like the addition of Howard to the Magic. I think he and Gooden will be able to play together without much conflict. It will be interesting to see how Mcgrady adjusts to having more talent around him then ever before with the additions of Howard, Reece Gaines and Gooden and Giricek's continuing development. Howard's presence means there is much less pressure for Gaines to be a scorer right away as well. They didn't have much trouble scoring last year and Howard is capable of putting up points consistently.

Every time I think about the Gooden and Giricek for Mike Miller deal it seems more and more like Jerry West absolutely got hosed...well first time for everything I guess.

5 years and 28 million is not a bad deal for a guy like Howard either. Especially when you consider how much a less talented player like Corliss Williamson makes. Bottom line is: The Magic are a better team for having Howard.

But there is more to it than just that. By signing Howard they have taken away a player coveted by a Conference rival in the Detroit Pistons. Detroit beat them in the playoffs last year, and if the Pistons added Howard as well, then how could Orlando expect to get past them this year? So not only did they add a low-post/high-post scoring threat and depth to their frontcourt, they took both those things away from a conference rival- never underestimate the value in that.

Nice rivalry developing between Orlando and Detroit by the way. First Detroit sends Orlando a gimpy Grant Hill for DPOY Ben Wallace and a super-sub in Chucky Atkins- Then Detroit comes back from a 3-1 defecit in the playoffs and sends Orlando packing- Then Orlando mean-spirtedly boo's Tayshaun Prince because they're bitter about their first round exit in a meaningless summer league game and Then Orlando signs a player the Pistons publicly coveted right from under their noses- I love it! Hopefully this rivalry will continue to develop into a couple of regular season- and maybe another playoff- battle or two!

19. Truemaster14

I think the magic's biggest rivals are the hornets or sixers. but yeah it looks like a good upcoming rivalry.

20. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I think at best the Magic get the fourth seed. Hornets, Pacers, Pistons, and Nets are still better. Howard is good, but not good enough to get them a top three or four seed.