OSU @ LSU - 2004

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Surprised no one brought this up.

Some may remember a questionable OSU team going into Tiger Stadium as major underdogs and leaving with national respect after losing in OT by a single digit. Tigers were the defending National Champs and had Serena not missed THREE extra point kicks, including one that would have forced double OT - Beavs could have won this game. Riley proved his balls to be of cotton when he passed on the win with a two point conversation and instead trusted Serena who was having a terrible game -- all for a tie. Most fans thought when you have the opportunity to go up in OT with a 2-pt conver to seal the win in OT vs the defending National Champs in their house, you do it 100% of the time. Riley responded, "Shucks, that's just not nice...me balls so fluffy soft. I like the tie."

Anderson really outplayed Russell and you guys left da Cajun State with a lot more respect than Oregon did on Sat.

Beavs went on to a 6 win season (also lost to Boise St), while LSU had a great season, dropping two games to ranked Auburn and Georgia.

2004 was a tough year for the Ducks, winning only five games.

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

also to tie it in a little to the DAT fumbles and how it could help him in the long run. Serna I believe came out of that game, NEVER wanting to go through that again. He went in a boy, went through hell, and came out a man. Hopefully DeAnthony can do the same (Not Beaver related sorry)

3. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Well Wheels got one thing right. It was Serna, not Serena that kicked for the Beavs that year. Serena is playing tennis in the U.S. Open.

4. Targus

Targus Suspended

Yup, my mistake. I have a business partner named "Serena" so the muscle memory takes over once in a while when typing at 3am.

Do you plan to bring more to the boards than pointing out misplaced E's in a name, or spelling? Some actual football chat would be fun...you know...since the season has kicked off and all...

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I will as soon as you get the Rodgers name right! :)

6. Targus

Targus Suspended

It's been right more than it's been wrong, unless you're missing the underlying Fred Rogers reference, who just happen to be healthier and miss less time than either Rodgers brother. I'll try to keep it simple for you. Remember, the D in RoDgers could stand for disabled.

7. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Don't you hate it when us Beaver fans try to make every Duck thread about the Beavers? Something about a Little Brother syndrome???

8. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Your non-trolling posts really seem to get the quality football talk going.

9. Wheels

it was a continued conversation that we had in the Ducks forum with Targus and Tlong as well. Sorry if that bothers you :yawn::rolleyes3:

10. Wheels

aaaaaaaaaaaand since this is a thread in comparison to how OSU did vs LSU and how UO did vs LSU, figured it would be ok to continue it there. But next time I'll make a poll or PM you first to see if its ok ;)

11. Targus

Targus Suspended

'About time to ignore this guy, Wheels. He really doesn't get that even though we all go back and forth with Duck vs Beav, Beav vs Duck - it's all in fun and we actually have fun and get along. People like him think it's some kind of 'one up' when we're just having good banter, Tlong included.

He's just here to hijack posts and call people out. Figures. One grows a mighty CHIP on the shoulder by being a Tree....