Game Thread OSU vs OSU, August 30th, 2019, 7:30pm

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

That triggered me

2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Man, get outta here with this crap. Oregon State's defense last year was way worse than those 2 years for Oregon. Since you bring up stats a lot it's not even close statistically.

It's seriously annoying how everyone seems to have forgotten how bad it was last year. Plugging in JuCo transfers works if you have a solid defense and are filling in holes. It doesn't work when you have nearly a whole defense depending on those transfers.

3. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

I think Oregon was like the 127th ranked defense one of those years or something... it was real bad

4. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    And still gave up less yards and 5 points per game less than Oregon State did last year.

It's not even close to the same.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Ya know you really don’t have to remind me.

6. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I'm just sick of all these Duck fans talking about the defense. It's bad. Every OSU fan knows that.

7. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I don't really understand the problem. I was cheering for the Beavers, I was aware their defense was awful last year, I saw it... Was hoping and to a certain extent thought it was going to look better this year, maybe not like the Steel Curtain, but I thought it might be better. What people aren't allowed to talk about it, because their fans know they're bad? Guess if it's a beaver game thread no one's allowed to talk about it? It's no different than literally every Blazer game thread or many other threads on the internet. No one was attacking the fans, or acting like Beaver fans didn't know they were bad. I really wanted them to win last night, and I expected the defense wouldn't look great but was frustrated they couldn't find a way to get off the field. It seems like the game thread is the place to say that stuff...

I don't think anyone in there was trying to troll beaver fans... It is a forum and in particular, it's a thread about last nights game.

8. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Hence why I referred to you and others as Magic Johnson. His Twitter is filled with gems like "Kawhi Leonard is really good."

Water is wet.

It's just fucking annoying that literally hundreds of Duck fans are commenting about how bad OSU's defense is. We fucking know. It can't be any worse than last year which is the only reason for optimism but they did nothing other than add a few JuCo players and hope the same guys from last year got much better. Spoiler alert: they didn't.

The year the Blazers had that historically bad defense a couple years ago pre-Nurk it would be like Laker fans coming into our game thread just to tell us "Wow, the Blazers defense is really bad."

9. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

in 2016, Oregon gave up 518 yards and 42 points a game. Last season, OSU gave up 537 yards and 46 points. Yeah, the Duck were a little better but both teams were absolutely putrid. Oregon was 126th out of 128 in both yards and points. OSU was 129th out of 130.

I don't see a significant difference. They both sucked