OT: Donaghy To Name Up To 20 Refs Involved In Gambling?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Aug 17, 2007.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">707to805 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">the tattle tale analogy works...obviously with criminal charges it's on a way bigger scale, but it just shows a person's values and character.</div>

I don't get it -- this referee has been lying, cheating, and undermining to his very peers, profession, and the American people... now he's supposed to demonstrate "values and character" by not exposing the others involved in his crimes?

It's a little to late for that, IMO. I can't say what I'd do in his shoes, because I'd never be in that position in the first place. I'd never exploit the trust of others simply to make some illegal gains.

But it's a little too late for Donaghy to start showing "character" now. He can kiss my ass. And he can expose all the rest of his goons that have been invloved in screwing this league and its fans too. And all those criminal buddies of his? They can all kiss my ass, get "snitched on," and go to jail, too.

2. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Snitches get Stitches

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Snitches get Stitches</div>

Good for you CLos. I'm glad you reiterated that.

4. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">"Tattle tale" in elementary school? That's a pretty bad analogy since a snitch in elementary/high/whatever school isn't facing 25 years in prison with a chance to really reduce their time in the pen.

So do you also think the war on drugs is a great idea too since chronic is against the law? I guess every law the government thinks of is fair and reasonable.

Aren't you being hypocritical? Since when was it against the law to help police in an investigation? If you have an "Oh well screw him" attitude towards Donaghy then I see no reason why these other refs shouldn't go down with him.

Please, these laws you're referring to were written by uptight right-wing jerks. What basis does the government have for punishing Donaghy to that degree, did he kill someone?

So you're saying you would take it on the chin and go to jail for 20+ years? That's just moronic, unless there's something wrong with your head and you enjoy spending quality time with your new cellmate, and shower partner, Bubba.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Obviously I wouldn't tell on people for no reason at all, so that was a stupid and false analogy.

In Donaghy's case, he's telling on his peers because he would like to reduce the amount of times he is sodomized in jail. How the hell is it that the same? You can say what you want about him having a harder tenure in jail if he snitches, but one's best years in life are lost in jail if you don't snitch. Once you get old (60,70,80) you're screwed.

So how doesn't this apply to gambling? It's a victimless crime as well.

Locking people up in jail for minor offenses is more messed up. What is it about that that you don't get?

You'd stay in jail the rest of your fertile life? Well then, you defeat the main purpose in life which is for one to take advantage of those "prime" years. I'd rather have a chance at having a real life outside of jail some day than to just let some overzealous prosecutor/judge step all over me. I doubt you believe in "no snitching" propaganda in these extreme cases.

Yeah you're a real genius, I've never heard "snitches get stitches" before. You're the psycho trying to justify giving someone 25/20/whatever years for "gambling". Wow what a crime.

How the hell do you know it will be "wayyyyyy rougher"? It might or might not (could be a tad rougher, everything can be virtually the same in jail, etc.), I'd take the risk (depends on how many years in jail I'm facing of course; after a certain point, one's only option is to snitch, see above) and I would feel no pity putting a douchebag/delinquent/etc. in jail with me.

The people I wouldn't snitch on would be good friends, and such. People that deserve to get off the hook (depends though, if the government is going after me like Donaghy some rules change).

Also, "snitching" is a very ambiguous term. There are people that snitch on crackheads, and those that help the police catch real criminals. I'd also consider what kind of crime a person has committed before I'd tell the police about it. But in this case, the prosecution backed Donaghy into a corner.</div>

look...i'm not trying to sit and argue with you on this. it's pretty simple...he knew that he could get a 20+ year max sentence for what he was doing, and he did it anyway. if the long sentence is a problem, then don't break the law in the first place...it's as easy as that. snitching is when you bring others down with you, to benefit yourself. how many people do you know that have been to prison??? not jail, but prison. from the way you're talking, i'd guess nobody. but, if you can find someone, go ask their opinion...ask them how snitches get treated in there. i never said that 20 years is a rational sentence, then again that doesn't justify being a tattle tale rat.

donaghy and all the others can rot for all i care. i never said i was rooting for them, i just said that if he brings them down with him, he's a bigger pu$$y than i had originally imagined. my suggestion for you is to obey every law out there...i can tell by your personality that jail would be particularly hard for you. don't bother replying, you're a lost cause...

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">707to805 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">look...i'm not trying to sit and argue with you on this. it's pretty simple...he knew that he could get a 20+ year max sentence for what he was doing, and he did it anyway. if the long sentence is a problem, then don't break the law in the first place...it's as easy as that. snitching is when you bring others down with you, to benefit yourself. how many people do you know that have been to prison??? not jail, but prison. from the way you're talking, i'd guess nobody. but, if you can find someone, go ask their opinion...ask them how snitches get treated in there. i never said that 20 years is a rational sentence, then again that doesn't justify being a tattle tale rat.

donaghy and all the others can rot for all i care. i never said i was rooting for them, i just said that if he brings them down with him, he's a bigger pu$$y than i had originally imagined. my suggestion for you is to obey every law out there..</div>

Donaghy is an idiot, of that I am sure of. But this talk about snitching makes no sense.

Yes you might get messed up in jail, but in some cases what is the other option? Getting out when you're a senile old man? There is almost no point in living then. I'd take my chances.

And "snitching" is great for this world in certain cases.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    .i can tell by your personality that jail would be particularly hard for you. don't bother replying, you're a lost cause...</div>

Lol trying to get the last word in with this? So you're a psychic now eh? You know me well enough? How the **** do you know anything about me? Because I don't listen to some stupid sub-culture about snitches, I'm not a real man? You sound like Killa Cam or something, give me a ****ing break. You've been childish about this subject from the very beginning.

6. xplicitjc

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Donaghy is an idiot, of that I am sure of. But this talk about snitching makes no sense.

Yes you might get messed up in jail, but in some cases what is the other option? Getting out when you're a senile old man? There is almost no point in living then. I'd take my chances.

And "snitching" is great for this world in certain cases.

Lol trying to get the last word in with this? How the **** do you know anything about me? Because I don't listen to some stupid sub-culture about snitches, I'm not a real man? You sound like Killa Cam or something, give me a ****ing break.</div>

hahah, who the hell is killa cam??? is that some mainstream east coast rapper?? i don't listen to that BS. you keep talking about what's the other option...the other option??? THE OTHER OPTION IS DON'T BREAK THE LAW!! you keep talking like breaking the law is out of anybody's control. and this is coming from somebody who has a spotty criminal record...i'm no angel, but for everything i screwed up on and got caught, i took it like a man. it may be a sub culture to you, but that's because you obviously live in fantasy land suburbia. how do i know anything about you??? you said that you'd easily rat out somebody to bail out your own ass....and that tells a lot about you.

i'm not trying to convert your beliefs, i'm just telling you that you're a spineless little square like donaghy. PLEASE go snitch on someone, it'll be a great learning experience...i'm done, for real.

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">707to805 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">hahah, who the hell is killa cam??? is that some mainstream east coast rapper??</div>

First off, just because I know some wack rapper's name that doesn't mean I'm a fan, do you understand that concept? He's some mainstream guy people talk about, etc. JBB members also recently brought back a thread mocking him.

Do you watch 60 minutes? Killa Cam (Cam'ron smart one), was on 60 minutes saying **** like "snitching is wrong" etc. He said tasteless things like "I wouldn't help police catch a serial killer". Stuff like that. He's an example of that sub-culture.
    i don't listen to that BS. </div>

Neither do I, you're not special

you keep talking about what's the other option...the other option??? THE OTHER OPTION IS DON'T BREAK THE LAW!! you keep talking like breaking the law is out of anybody's control. and this is coming from somebody who has a spotty criminal record...</div>

No, there are various options depending on the situation. See below.

i'm no angel, but for everything i screwed up on and got caught, i took it like a man. it may be a sub culture to you, but that's because you obviously live in fantasy land suburbia. how do i know anything about you??? you said that you'd easily rat out somebody to bail out your own ass....and that tells a lot about you. </div>

Lol read that post again, it says hint of sarcasm. No lie. Now if you're referring to other things I've said, then scroll down.

I also said "I'm glad" CLos posted that comment about snitches. Read those posts again.

i'm not trying to convert your beliefs, i'm just telling you that you're a spineless little square like donaghy. PLEASE go snitch on someone, it'll be a great learning experience...i'm done, for real.</div>

You're so simple minded. You obviously haven't grasped that snitching is a complex subject and you never will.

If people don't want to get snitched on, then why the hell don't they follow the law? The government is the real villain in all of this anyway (at least in this case) If you get a life sentence in jail, you'd be a naive kid to not reduce that sentence by a significant amount. Who is there to be afraid of if your life is basically/mostly over? Not everyone is paranoid about the police like you.

8. xplicitjc

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">First off, just because I know some wack rapper's name that doesn't mean I'm a fan, do you understand that concept? He's some mainstream guy people talk about, etc. JBB members also recently brought back a thread mocking him.

Do you watch 60 minutes? Killa Cam (Cam'ron smart one), was on 60 minutes saying **** like "snitching is wrong" etc. He said tasteless things like "I wouldn't help police catch a serial killer". Stuff like that. He's an example of that sub-culture.

Lol read that post again, it says hint of sarcasm. No lie. Now if you're referring to other things I've said, then scroll down.

I also said "I'm glad" CLos posted that comment about snitches. Read those posts again.

You're so simple minded. You obviously haven't grasped that snitching is a complex subject and you never will.

If people don't want to get snitched on, then why the hell don't they follow the law? The government is the real villain in all of this anyway (at least in this case) If you get a life sentence in jail, you'd be a naive kid to not reduce that sentence by a significant amount. Who is there to be afraid of if your life is basically/mostly over? Not everyone is paranoid about the police like you.</div>

yaaaawnnnnnnnnnn

you were entertaining at first...then you got real boring. if you have nothing new to say, don't bother repeating yourself. i'm simple minded, so its hard for me to pay attention to dull, repetitive paragraphs.

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    You're lazy or realized how low class you presented yourself in your last few posts, so now you have to run back to your little corner.

<div class="quote_poster">707to805 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">yaaaawnnnnnnnnnn

you were entertaining at first...then you got real boring. if you have nothing new to say, don't bother repeating yourself.</div>

You know now that you're a complete moron for jumping to conclusions about me. You made your baseless attacks on how much lack of character I showed you in one comment.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> i'm simple minded, so its hard for me to pay attention to dull, repetitive paragraphs.</div>

Well I addressed all of the points in your posts part by part. However, you simply quote my entire post and retort only sections of it, thus forcing me to reiterate myself.

Lol you're pathetic. You don't know what sarcasm is and you always try to shift the subject to my taste in music or how you pray I snitch on someone while ignoring the subject at hand. You're a baby and you've run out of intelligent things to say. Your lasts comments were the most off-subject and least thought out.

You tried to determine my character from a sarcastic comment, you're not a very bright guy (and it is obvious). You'd rather rot in jail the rest of your life because you hate the police, that's your problem. Your rationalization of the issue is shallow.

There are other perspectives, and you don't have the end-all points. In some cases snitching is wrong, in other cases it must be done. To state snitching is either always right or always wrong is irresponsible. To not acknowledge that there are other legitimate opinions on this subject is juvenile.

10. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Woah, hey guys, break it up. Let's get back to basketball rather than legal politics. Nobody completely follows the law e.g. jaywalking and
    minor traffic violations that no cop sees. Nobody likes to be told on because its betrayal, but if we're going after mob bosses, crime rings, and organizations with a hierarchy we need guys to give up others. I don't know about you guys but I want all dirty refs out of the league, just like how I want dirty cops, lawmakers, and crime kingpins out of the country. Corrupt people in a position of power is what we don't need in this world especially our beloved basketball league. I'm not taking sides with anyone here, I'm just saying I understand the argument.

So 707 and huevon please shake hands on this or the thread is getting locked. It's already getting out of hand. Let's talk ball.

11. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Aw cus, I was enjoying the banter. With these dog days of summer waiting for football, and really waiting for hoop camp to open entertainment is entertainment. BEsides i have been on the other side of huevo and have to admit he is entertaining and holds his own. Always with an interesting perspective. I am a huevo fan now, except the fact that he likes Kobe, that is unforgivable. Like rooting for Mike Tyson, O J simpson or Mike Vick.

So is Peitrus gonna resign with us or are we going to package him along withy roonie and get j- williams and dorell wright in return. Sounds good to me. As long as it isnt Posey. With the Heat supposedly dangling Haslem to get ARtest, I say we target Haslem.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Aw cus, I was enjoying the banter. With these dog days of summer waiting for football, and really waiting for hoop camp to open entertainment is entertainment. BEsides i have been on the other side of huevo and have to admit he is entertaining and holds his own. Always with an interesting perspective. I am a huevo fan now, except the fact that he likes Kobe, that is unforgivable. Like rooting for Mike Tyson, O J simpson or Mike Vick.

So is Peitrus gonna resign with us or are we going to package him along withy roonie and get j- williams and dorell wright in return. Sounds good to me. As long as it isnt Posey. With the Heat supposedly dangling Haslem to get ARtest, I say we target Haslem.</div>

Lol, thanks I guess. Although OJ and Vick didn't get their charges in court dropped.

As for Haslem, he's a great complementary player and hides some of Shaq's deficiencies. I don't know how seriously the Heat are considering parting with Haslem, but good luck to you people.

13. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Snitches get Stitches</div>

That's what I said[​IMG]

14. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

At least we know how Carmelo feels about all this.

15. xplicitjc

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">First off, just because I know some wack rapper's name that doesn't mean I'm a fan, do you understand that concept? He's some mainstream guy people talk about, etc. JBB members also recently brought back a thread mocking him.

If people don't want to get snitched on, then why the hell don't they follow the law? The government is the real villain in all of this anyway (at least in this case) If you get a life sentence in jail, you'd be a naive kid to not reduce that sentence by a significant amount. Who is there to be afraid of if your life is basically/mostly over? Not everyone is paranoid about the police like you.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You're lazy or realized how low class you presented yourself in your last few posts, so now you have to run back to your little corner.

You know now that you're a complete moron for jumping to conclusions about me. You made your baseless attacks on how much lack of character I showed you in one comment.

Well I addressed all of the points in your posts part by part. However, you simply quote my entire post and retort only sections of it, thus forcing me to reiterate myself.

Lol you're pathetic. You don't know what sarcasm is and you always try to shift the subject to my taste in music or how you pray I snitch on someone while ignoring the subject at hand. You're a baby and you've run out of intelligent things to say. Your lasts comments were the most off-subject and least thought out.

You tried to determine my character from a sarcastic comment, you're not a very bright guy (and it is obvious). You'd rather rot in jail the rest of your life because you hate the police, that's your problem. Your rationalization of the issue is shallow.

There are other perspectives, and you don't have the end-all points. In some cases snitching is wrong, in other cases it must be done. To state snitching is either always right or always wrong is irresponsible. To not acknowledge that there are other legitimate opinions on this subject is juvenile.</div>

i really am done with this. you're right, i AM lazy. and an argument with somebody i don't even know isn't that important to me. i still stand by everything i said, and if you feel that i purposely didn't respond to something specific that you said, i can do that now if it's important to you. i admit, i'm biased on the issue because it's a personal matter for me. i don't come on here to talk about that kind of ****, i come here to talk basketball. maybe i'm wrong about you, who knows, but it looks like you're resorting to generalizations and name calling, yourself. i lost objectivity in the argument when i got pissed off, but i think you did too. agree to disagree. peace

16. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's what I said[​IMG]</div>

I hope HuevonKiller doesn't come at me for saying that.[​IMG]

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">707to805 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i really am done with this. you're right, i AM lazy. and an argument with somebody i don't even know isn't that important to me. i still stand by everything i said, and if you feel that i purposely didn't respond to something specific that you said, i can do that now if it's important to you. i admit, i'm biased on the issue because it's a personal matter for me. i don't come on here to talk about that kind of ****, i come here to talk basketball. maybe i'm wrong about you, who knows, but it looks like you're resorting to generalizations and name calling, yourself. i lost objectivity in the argument when i got pissed off, but i think you did too. agree to disagree. peace</div>

Alright fine.

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hope HuevonKiller doesn't come at me for saying that.[​IMG]</div>

I've already addressed that post in my own way. There's no need for me to argue with everyone.

18. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement

Hmmm... so those guys in the Michael Vick case get punked as snitches, too? More importantly, are we glad US Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez didn't snitch?

19. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

^Alright man I was only joking no need to get offensive.