(OT) How bout those Ducks!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Pinwheel1, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to pour salt into the wound Beav fans......but that was an ass kickin. I do feel sorry for you guys because going to the Rose bowl would have been nice to see for you all, but the Portland Media (95.5) made it to hard to root for you. But all in all you had a great season. IMO you played way over your heads and should be congratulated.

Go Ducks!

2. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

Re: How bout those Ducks!

UCLA could still win, see 2006

3. Pinwheel1

I hope they do. I will take co champs and Vegas over the Holiday.

4. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

I'm proud of my Ducks, but I have to say 2 things: 1st, that game really was not as lopsided as the score indicated. 2nd, neither team is really all that with a side of fries. Ducks can't stop anybody on defense, and the Beavs really aren't much better!

5. TP3

TP3 Member

The ducks were impressive today

6. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

LOL yup! i was thinking this is one of the more sloppy CWs in a long long time.
    can we fire NA already?

7. Pinwheel1

Oregon had more total offense then any other game in their 115 year History. OSU gave up more points in a game ever in the history of their program. And this was team who only had to win to go to the Rose bowl! And was playing at home. Oregon would have had 800 yards if they wouldn't have returned those two interceptions for TD's. I have never seen a worse Defensive execution from the Beavers in my 50 years.

But I do admit....i sweated it out until the 8 minute mark.

edit: I Thought that stat of total points seemed wrong on TV. It was the most points ever in a Civil war game. (not ever)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  8. Webster's Dictionary

Webster's Dictionary I am Iron Man

Video Editor

The Ducks dominated. Pure and simple. A lot of calls I felt went against, or didn't go for the Beavers (I thought I saw a lot of holding go uncalled, but I'm biased, and blowing that play dead on Masoli's fumble was rediculous) but we didn't play well enough to deserve those calls. I wish that Jaquizz was in there, but bottom line, there are no excuses. This loss was a butt kicking and the Ducks played flawlessly. It sucks, but maybe UCLA can win, who knows.

9. Da_O

Da_O Abe Vigoda lives!

Masoli's fumble didn't end up mattering anyway as they scored quickly on the very next play and Oregon beat them by 27 points.

10. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

Pac-10 officials.....going to have terrible calls go against both teams all night long..thats the Tom Hansen era we live in.

11. number 10

number 10 Our Savior

student

Shocking special teams and 15 penalties sure as hell aren't flawless!

12. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

The Ducks shattered the OSU Beaver hopes and dreams. I was at Fred Meyer Tualatin today and saw more people in OSU clothes than I thought lived in the area.

Too bad...so sad...

13. RISE WITH IT

RISE WITH IT thisCouldgetAlilKrazy!

Kobe Stopper

GOOOOOOOOOO DUUUUUUUUUCKKKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still drunk.

14. number 10

number 10 Our Savior

student

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------doubt it

[​IMG]

15. Webster's Dictionary

Video Editor

I guess I mainly meant offensively. Unstoppable.

16. TehChad

TehChad Teh Great NEGATOR

Wow, what a game!!! Just got home, quite the night. A few observations from Reser:

1. Jeremiah Fucking Johnson. Is this kid good or what?! I've always thought that Jeremiah was highly underrated, especially when the Ducks had Stewart, and it seemed to me like the offense last year wasn't the same without him after his season-ending injury. That 87 yard TD run on 3rd and 19 was simply incredible. Credit the offensive line too, but what was amazing to me was that there were three Beaver defenders...THREE...who had a good angle on Johnson, but he blew by the first two then shoved the third into the dirt. One of the best runs ever. To me, this play was one of the two daggers that helped seal the win for Oregon, the second being...

2. Jeremiah Masoli's scrambling TD pass in the 4th quarter to Ed Dickson when he was flying out of bounds. Another incredible play. I just KNEW that was going to be an interception when he let it go. Instead, 4th and long turns into TD. Clutch, clutch, backbreaking play. Great game for Masoli all around, every week he seems to get better and better, and he's only a Sophomore! Talk about a bright future. Although these two plays were the daggers, the Oregon offense as a whole was from a different planet tonight. Great work on the O-line, receivers, backs, everyone...They made a very good Beavers defense look like the practice squad.

3. Speaking of practice squad D's, the Ducks secondary was lit up once again and have nothing to be proud about. I was, however, impressed with the Ducks run D. McCants was stuffed the whole game. The Fly Sweep with Rogers was scouted well and shut down. Having Quizz would've helped, but his presence wouldn't have changed the outcome. Passing defense was atrocious though, and Moevao lit them up in that department.

4. I can't figure out what Moevao was thinking with that first INT. Anyone else? Total bonehead throw, easy 6 for the Ducks.

5. Some very questionable calls/non-calls for both teams, but overall pretty even. My OSU friend threw a tantrum after the review determined Masoli's fumble was not a reviewable play :biglaugh: Also, I can't remember the last time the Ducks had this many penalties in a game, wtf happened there?!

6. There's about a 0.001% chance that UCLA will beat USC. As much as I'd like to see the Beavs still go to the Rose Bowl, I highly, highly doubt it will happen.

Anyway, great game, yet another classic CW. These games never get old.

17. Webster's Dictionary

Video Editor

McCants is terrible. The only time he had any sort of run was when all the Duck defenders were dropping back into pass coverage. He has the body to be a Blount type, but he has little acceleration, 1/2 the power, and couldn't seem to get more than a yard or two until it didn't matter. I wanted us to not even try to run because passing was working so well, and the run, well, wasn't.

18. Uther TheGardener

Uther TheGardener Tall Timbers

securing the future

you shutdown the run yo win the game.......

19. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

The announcers made the comments that McCants thinks he is faster than everyone else so he was trying to take everything to the outside. In particular. down by the goal line he had a sweep and his blockers went up the middle for an easy touch but he brought it outside and Ward stuffed him. Maybe he will learn this later, but he sure doesn't look like a 4* recruit, and running back is one of the easier positions to come and in grasp.

20. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

Really impressive showing by the Ducks. I really hope we can get a 10 win season this year... that would make 19 wins the last 2 years... not bad, imo.