OT: Marbury possibly to Celts

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by dpc, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BatumKaboom

BatumKaboom Suspended

I thought that was the drugs, not Rod?

2. SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski Tigers love pepper

Please. The C's bought a Championship for one year. Prior to that, you only made the playoffs four times since 1996. And the last time the C's were winning championships, you were probably soiling your Pampers.

Get off your high horse.

-Pop

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

The Celtics have "bought" the same amount of championships in the last year as the Blazers have "won" in their entire existence.

4. SodaPopinski

Your point? The Blazers had the misfortune of an untimely injury to their star after 1977 that interrupted what was sure to be a dynasty in the making. They also had the misfortune of fielding some of their best teams when Michael Jordan was coming into his prime and when the Lakers were dominating with Shaq and Kobe.

Big deal. There are more teams in the league with one title or no titles than there are teams with multiples.

-Pop

5. Drink Your Milkshake

Drink Your Milkshake Suspended

I'm so fucking sick of OT threads. Why the fuck can't people use the General NBA forum. This shit really ruins the Blazer forum.

6. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Do you really dont get it? Its been like this for a long time because this is how the POR forum does it. They like discussing stuff other than Blazers amongst the same group of people. If you dont like it it easy to avoid...dont click on the thread...you might also have to move your mouse an extra centimeter up or down too...bummer

7. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Centimeter? What are you, French? Gimme a gosh dang liter of cola, DR!:)

8. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

NSFW
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2TMVAWB6Gc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2TMVAWB6Gc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Start 18sec into it :ghoti:

9. Drink Your Milkshake

Deleted. Personal attacks. I don't know what your problem is, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  10. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That might be true... what IS true is that they are one of the few teams that, as they are presently constructed, have a very, very good chance of winning the title this year.

I guess I just don't see the upside for Boston. I'm normally a "get talent" and "chemistry is a myth" kinda guy, but in the case of the Celtics? They're so good and they have their roles so well defined that I just see this as a situation that might blow up in their faces without really seeing an upside to it...

Ed O.

11. Drink Your Milkshake

Take this shit to the general forum

12. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

So when are we gonna have to stop dealing with this mods? I thought the last thread where he cussed everybody out would have done it but his posts were completely deleted instead.

13. Drink Your Milkshake

"Do you really dont get it? Its been like this for a long time because this is how the POR forum does it."

14. Ed O

You think they "bought" a championship? I disagree totally.

Ainge did a great job of pulling the pieces together. That he was able to do it almost overnight should be a point in his favor, in my opinion, rather than the target of derision.

With the Celtics' core be threatening for a title four years from now? Almost certainly not. But will they for the next couple, with one ring already in the bank? Yes. That is what every GM wishes he could accomplish.

Ed O.

15. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WQ6Q_65qck&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WQ6Q_65qck&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

16. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

i'm with you, Ed. I give Ainge credit for being able to pull off the deals he did, even though it seems like total Ainge-slaps for Allen (less so for KG, though).

17. Ed O

No.

Ed O.

18. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Did you know that Decaf coffee has the same robust aroma and flavor of regular coffee, without those annoying coffee jitters?

Just saying.....

19. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

There's only one team with 17, though. The same team that had 2 of their best players in a 12 year span die on them. No excuses, please.

20. SodaPopinski

History only means something in sports if it's recent. Nobody has more Super Bowl victories than the 49ers. Anyone want to argue that they're more relevant than the Patriots? Or the Colts?

Were any of your current players potty-trained the last time the Celtics won a title? Prior to this last year, I don't think you could make the argument Boston was any more relevant than the Blazers. And the Blazers had at least made some noise in the playoffs at that point since the invention of the internet.

-Pop