OUCH..61 Points For Wolves?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

what is wrong with you people you act like it was game 7 of the western confernce finals. Yeah they stunk up the joint. But aint the end of the world its game 2 of the NBA regular season. They didnt match the nets level of play its as simple as that. their offense look horrible but its only the second game this offensive unit played together. they did use that starting lineup in the preseason. I mean olowakandi missed the whole preason, Spree miss the whole beggining and a few practices and troy hudson was their most of the preseason but isnt thier now. the line up has made a total 180 degree turn from the preseason alone.

This was their man preseason line up.
    PG- Cassell
    SG- Hudson
    SF- hoiberg/Trent
    PF-KG
    C- Madsen

This was last nights lineup
    PG- Cassell
    SG- Hoiberg
    Sf- Sprewell
    Pf- KG
    C- Kandiman
    lets think about all the adjustments t wolves have made since their main preseason line up.
    Cassell stays the same but now he has to handle the ball alot more because the point guard and the 2 guard are no long interchangble witch means Cassell cant look for his own shot as much that why he keep dumping the ball to KG instead of trying to post up himself(Cassell) witch is a strong point in his game when Cassell's perimeter shot isnt falling
    Adjustment#2- Fred Hoiberg moves over two the 2 guard spot witch when facing the nets is kind of like graudin the point because he is now defending Kittles who runs the offense alot in the half court because J.Kidd becomes a main scoring option in New Jerseys half Court set.
    Adjustment#3- Sprewell is now the SF. once a again playing out of position. But this isnt a big adjustment but I didnt think spree played well last night off of the shots KG and Sam created for him.
    Adjustment#4- putting Olowakandi in the line up and taking Madsen out. its a different style a play with madsen you dont have to create shots for him. He gets his points off of hustle. Olowakandi needs the ball fed to him on the post so he can do his little hooks shots>I dont think t-wolves did a good job of playing to Olowakani strong points. Set up a few plays for him down in the post.
    Adjustment #5- this is the big one. Adjusting to KG dominating the ball. I mean last night when KG had the ball Cassell & Spree just stood around and watched no movement you could tell how use to dominating the ball Cassell & Spree are. its gonna be hard for them at the end of there carreers to learn how to play without the ball. But there are both great players they will adjust its just gonna take time. I think that until then Flip should try not playing all three in the game at the same time. Spread their minutes out better so Cassell and Spree can have a little time to create thier own shot. KG doesnt have to create shots for Cassell he has to create for people like Hoiberg and lewis. But all & all the t wolves are gonna be fine. Blending go to players like Cassell&Spree takes alot more time than blending roll players. I would be worried if the t wolves dont come out with more energy tonight against the rapators. But their offense will come.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Henacy, good point, but it is still an excuse because this game set a record low for the Wolves.

I know KG is not pointing any fingers, neither should we.

3. JTyrell710

JTyrell710 JBB JustBBall Member

The xrays for Kenyon Martin turned up negative- slightly good news for fellow nets fans

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

All I was trying to say is that this was an embarrasment. They are a team who went out and got stars, yet score only 61? I don't care if it was an off-night, there is still no excuse for that. Am I saying that this is the end of their season? No. But it might be a sign for things to come...

5. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

Hey let's face it, any team that puts up worse numbers than the worst WNBA team deserves it. The Wolves are done.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Another low scoring game today for the Wolves, but they still got up on the Raps. Spose if you can't put the ball in the basket, you gotta stop the opposition from doing it - big defensive game from KG

7. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey let's face it, any team that puts up worse numbers than the worst WNBA team deserves it. The Wolves are done.</div>

The Wolves are done? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

8. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think they're championship competeters ... Right, they have the second best player in the leauge ( behind shaq ) but they just have too many scorers... (spree, KG, cassell, olowokandi, wally , hudson even good ol' gary trent ) . The Mavs have the same problem ... maybe they should trade spree and wally for artest? Just thinking...

9. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

The nba has serious problems.. i mean the raptors got like 59 last night.. i think there was like 7 teams that scored below 85 maybe more..
    Way too many young guys in the league.. WHO CaNT play.. guys like darius miles and other who have no idea whats going on, the league needs to cancel a couple teams and weed out the garbage players

10. jbbKing James

Speaking of weeding out..that is a good idea.

But not in the NBA.

11. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grizzoistight:</div><div class="quote_post">The nba has serious problems.. i mean the raptors got like 59 last night.. i think there was like 7 teams that scored below 85 maybe more..
    Way too many young guys in the league.. WHO CaNT play.. guys like darius miles and other who have no idea whats going on, the league needs to cancel a couple teams and weed out the garbage players</div>
    Its too early to say the NBA is in trouble. A lot of teams are still trying to get used to the offense.

Darius Miles can play. He just has yet to reach his full potential. He wouldnt be in the NBA if he couldnt play.

12. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey let's face it, any team that puts up worse numbers than the worst WNBA team deserves it. The Wolves are done.</div>

<font size="1">Dude, you have been told about that sig more than a few times, it is too large. You are only allowed an image <font color="Red">468x100</font>.</font>

As for the Wolves, I'll let purehoops take care of ya.

13. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

King james why are u so anal about everything

14. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

do you even listen to yourself? The Wolves are done. What the hell? They are a championship contending team. Do you think the Bucks are better?

15. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grizzoistight:</div><div class="quote_post">King james why are u so anal about everything</div>

Its not King James policy...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ThaLord:</div><div class="quote_post"> don't think they're championship competeters ... Right, they have the second best player in the leauge ( behind shaq ) but they just have too many scorers... (spree, KG, cassell, olowokandi, wally , hudson even good ol' gary trent ) . The Mavs have the same problem ... maybe they should trade spree and wally for artest? Just thinking...</div>

You have a point, to an extent. They have a great pool of scoring talent, but KG, Spree, and Cassell bring so much more than offense. I have discussed with other people about what a good (in terms of for the team, not chance) possibility it would be for the Wolves to trade Wally for a defender type player and some future considerations (draft picks). I believe Spree, Kandi, and Cassell make the perfect side kicks to Garnett. Spree brings so much to the table, as a scorer, defender, inspiriation, clutch, everything, and when he shakes off the rust, I think him and Garnett will mesh so well.

16. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grizzoistight:</div><div class="quote_post">King james why are u so anal about everything</div>

Theres no point in having guidelines/rules if posters are not going to abide by them.King james is just doing his job.

17. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Cassell is the most important player besides KG you have to ley Sam work with the ball more.

18. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">Its too early to say the NBA is in trouble. A lot of teams are still trying to get used to the offense.

Darius Miles can play. He just has yet to reach his full potential. He wouldnt be in the NBA if he couldnt play.</div>

I have thought for a really long time now that Darius Miles is garbage. The NBA has made mistakes before so yes players can play in the NBA if they don't have the skill level.

19. SupaFly

SupaFly JBB JustBBall Member

There's a couple teams i'm not very impressed with with their new players, mainly the mavericks. For me, i found the mavericks quite sloppy in their season debut, but they're getting better. Once they figure out who's who or what ball's going where, then they'll be a lot more fun to watch and will win games with as much ease as the GSW game. And the Minnesota Timberwolves are doing horrible offensively, sure, they won the game against Toronto and all, but they're final scores are what most teams have at the end of the 3rd. It's pretty sad when you've got guys like Cassell, KG, and Spree on your team.

20. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

some of you guys are actually forgetting to give credits to the Nets...they did one hell of a defensive game against the Wolves...they shut down their scorers...they contest almost all passes and shots...and they were able to run the break because of good D...this is just a good case of good defense...winning over good offense...ill be waiting for the Mavs vs Nets game to see if it will produce the same results...[​IMG]

good news that K-marts results were negative...whew...