Our Offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by playmaker15, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I would like having Mike Bibby. What would you guys consider a reasonable offer for him?</div>

i dont know if this is possible salary wise, but i wouldnt mind giving up kapono and a draft pick for the 0<u>8</u> draft. i dont know though, cause i would love to keep kapono, but i dont wanna give up TOO much. on the other hand, it has to be reasonable enough for sactown to accept.

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

^^True. Chris Broussard said on ESPN that we should let go of Posey, Payton, and EJ. I would love to keep Posey because of his defensive ability and three point shooting. I think J-Will is out number one priority to get rid of.

3. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

I don't know about giving up Kapono or Posey for Bibby.. But I heard soemwhere that Lamar Odom was playing his last days as a Laker or something.. I would love having Lamar back in Miami. If we get a PG in the draft, and find a way to get Odom....we'd be in great shape for next season.

4. playmaker15

I would honestly trade anyone not named wade shaq or wright for Lamar. I would trade Kapono or Posey, and Williams and maybe exchange first rounders. Lakers get that PG they've wanted and a real outside threat while the Heat get a versatile inside/outside player who knows how to play with Dwyane.

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">michiganave17 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If you guys are gonna get younger you got to packege Williams and Haslem together for smush, turiaf, radman

wade
    Wright
    radman
    Turiaf
    Shaq

damn on second thought that kind of sucks. Oh well! at least you guys till have a great GM in riley.</div>

lol. No way we make that trade

6. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lol. No way we make that trade</div>

What would you think a reasonable offer for Odom is?

7. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What would you think a reasonable offer for Odom is?</div>

Odom? I don't know. Odom isn't a great second option, but there's no way we're just going to hand him away. Before his injury, the guy was playing great. Ever since the injury, the guy just has never reached 100%. He got injured like a week after returning, and has been playing with an injured shoulder for most of the season (similar to Wade, Odom was supposed to be out for the season). No offense, but I don't really see anyone on the Heat I'd be willing to trade Odom for

8. playmaker15

Williams, Kapono/Posey, and a pick? What do you think?

9. jbbhoops4life

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Williams, Kapono/Posey, and a pick? What do you think?</div>

too much.

10. playmaker15

Well for Odom and their pick then?

11. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Williams, Kapono/Posey, and a pick? What do you think?</div>

I don't see how that can help us in anyway. There are some decent point guards out there that we can sign with our MLE, Steve Blake and Charlie Bell, both of whom are better than Williams. Kapono and Posey doesn't help us either. They're both downgrades from Lamar Odom. As for the pick, we already have enough youth as it is, I don't see the need of aquiring anymore since we're trying to win now (hopefully). Trading Odom for Williams, Kapono/Posey and a pick won't solve any problems. It still doesn't give us a decent second option, and it will only make us worse.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hoops4life:</div><div class="quote_post">too much.</div>

How's that too much? The Lakers would be giving up too much. A trio of Wade/O'Neal/Odom will be unstoppable when healthy, because Odom is the perfect third option

12. playmaker15

A fast paced PG like J-Will who has a nice offensive game alongside Kobe would be great for you guys. Plus Kapono gives you the best outside shooter in the league or Posey who is a top perimiter defender with a nice outside shot.

13. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">A fast paced PG like J-Will who has a nice offensive game alongside Kobe would be great for you guys. Plus Kapono gives you the best outside shooter in the league or Posey who is a top perimiter defender with a nice outside shot.</div>

IIRC, Kapono and Posey don't have contracts so why would the Lakers trade for them?

Sign and trade? I don't quite follow you people.

14. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">A fast paced PG like J-Will who has a nice offensive game alongside Kobe would be great for you guys. Plus Kapono gives you the best outside shooter in the league or Posey who is a top perimiter defender with a nice outside shot.</div>

Again, there are better options out there for us than J-Will. Steve Blake and Charlie Bell will do just fine, and can be had for the MLE. Kapono is a great outside shooter, I'm not taking anything away from him, but he won't be the second option we're looking for. We already have tons of shooters on this roster, Brian Cook, Vladamir Radmanovic (when he finally gets healthy), and Luke Walton, who was at one point leading the league in three point percentage. I think Posey is a tough, and aggressive defender, but how will we find any playing time for another swing man? Our roster is stacked with guards and small forwards as it already is. Sorry, but I don't really see how this trade will help us at all...

15. playmaker15

In that case, who are some other players you think could make an impact for us?

16. jbbhoops4life

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    How's that too much? The Lakers would be giving up too much. A trio of Wade/O'Neal/Odom will be unstoppable when healthy, because Odom is the perfect third option</div>

i'm simply being jealous. i like lamar and i know hes great, but i dont wanna give up those guys, lol. i hate seeing guys go. but i supoose it would be worth it.

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">In that case, who are some other players you think could make an impact for us?</div>

rafer alston? i realize hes not the youngest guy, but i just looked at his numbers compared to jason's and his are better in almost everything. once again, idk if its possible salary wise, so maybe it wouldnt even work? i like him, hes fast, plays to win, and knows hes not the man - meaning hes knows hes gotta pass. thoughts?

17. playmaker15

I think Mo Williams may be our best option at the PG spot in free agency. We need another athletic wing though.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

This could be an interesting off-season for Miami. Will Riley beable to convince Alonzo and maybe Payton to return for another run? Having a capable backup defensive center like Zo is crucial for this team. Maybe Riley can bring back former ex-Miami player PJ Brown back? He's on his final deal with the Bulls, he might be available if decides to play another year.

Some other intriguing veterans could be Chris Webber? Grant Hill? Jalen Rose? Sam Cassell? Bonzi Wells?

19. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Some other intriguing veterans could be Chris Webber? Grant Hill? Jalen Rose? Sam Cassell? Bonzi Wells?</div>

I'm pretty sure Webber has already that after this season, he'll either retire or play for the Knicks. Of all the players mentioned above, none are exactly "young." They all have injury problems and Bonzi Wells has barely even played this season

20. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm pretty sure Webber has already that after this season, he'll either retire or play for the Knicks. Of all the players mentioned above, none are exactly "young." They all have injury problems and Bonzi Wells has barely even played this season</div>

I don't think Miami needs to get young yet. A healthy duo of Shaq & Wade is enough to get them into the playoffs. You need hungry, veterans in the post season, which is why I listed those names. All those guys would like to end their careers by winning a ring and having the opportunity to play in the NBA Finals.

When the Heat do decide to rebuild, then they'll have to unload Shaq. Right now Shaq is still capable of building their franchise around.

The most important offseason move Miami needs to be concerned with is DWade's recovery from his surgery. He's expected to miss 4 to 6 months after shoulder surgery. How will his shoulder respond after surgery? How will his conditioning be? How will the team chemistry be with DWade unavailable to practice in the offseason with, what should be, a lot of new faces in Miami?