Our Offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by playmaker15, Apr 29, 2007.

1. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I think Bonzi Wells would be great for us, but I don't want payton back. Too old and slow. At least Zo makes a significant impact for us. I think we need to get rid of Jaosn Williams though. If Posey or Kapono leave then Rose or Wells will be a must. C-Webb is ok but as long as we have Toine coming off the bench that's ok. Our biggest need aside from getting Wade healthy is getting a healthy, starting PG.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

How about Steve Blake or Travis Diener (played well with DWade at Marquette)?

Both of them can drain the 3ball, and both are good at making the entry pass inside. They play under control and don't try to do things they aren't capable of. Neither are very good on defense, but Riley could help them improve their technique if he's the headcoach again.

3. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

4. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

I would love to have Steve Blake, he's a Miami guy and he's really impressed me with his play against the Spurs. I also wouldn't mind having Rafer Alston back to Miami either..I'm excited about the offseason because Riley has expressed his dissapointment with this season, and he confirmed that he will bring players who want to play hard every night, he wants a completely different team with a better attitude next year, and that's what we need.

5. playmaker15

Yeah after we won the title those role players seemed not to care anymore. I would love to have Rafer because he's a 3-point threat and has been here before. Blake would be awesome too. I think we need to get help down low if Zo retires though.

6. playmaker15

With Shaq stating on TNT that he wants VC in Miami, do you think Shaq would take a pay cut to land VC and get us another championship? I think he would do it. Shaq has all the money in the world and wants to win1 or 2 more rings. I think VC would also be a perfect fit in our system as well.

Also, Is it possible to buy out Antoine Walker. How much would that affect our cap room?

7. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

not a big vc fan...unc...

but he is a hell of a ball player. i'd say shaq would be willing to do it if he thought it would help their chances at a ring. but isnt vc a sg, where we obviously have wade? or can he also go sf?

8. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">hoops4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">not a big vc fan...unc...

but he is a hell of a ball player. i'd say shaq would be willing to do it if he thought it would help their chances at a ring. but isnt vc a sg, where we obviously have wade? or can he also go sf?</div>

Vince is a natural small forward. he and rj are forwards. vince never played guard till NJ.

9. playmaker15

Wade can play PG in our offense and he has before. I think our offense would run great with him at the point. VC would totally boost our offense and perimiter game. This is totally unlikely though so we may be stuch with Bibby.

10. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">With Shaq stating on TNT that he wants VC in Miami, do you think Shaq would take a pay cut to land VC and get us another championship? I think he would do it. Shaq has all the money in the world and wants to win1 or 2 more rings. I think VC would also be a perfect fit in our system as well.

Also, Is it possible to buy out Antoine Walker. How much would that affect our cap room?</div>

I don't think he can do that. The NBA has guarenteed contracts, unlike the NFL. What you sign for is pretty much what you will get until your contract runs out.

11. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Carter in Miami might accutually work very well.

12. playmaker15

True, anyone got any ideas on how to clear some cap space?

13. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

can shaq tear his contract up?

14. playmaker15

^^I think he could re-structure it to give us some room. I think we need to find a way to unload a bit of those heavy salaries to get some money for VC.

15. jbbhoops4life

assuming we do get enough money for vince, what do you guys think the chances of us landing him actually are?

16. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">hoops4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">assuming we do get enough money for vince, what do you guys think the chances of us landing him actually are?</div>

I think they could be as good as anyone else, even Orlando. Vince would get to pay in Florida plus South Beach is a huge attraction.

On the basketball side, I think playing with Shaq qould be bigger for Vince than anything in his career. Imagine this lineup for opening night.

PG: Wade
    SG: Carter
    SF: Posey
    PF: Haslem
    C: Shaq

If we re-sign Kapono too, that would give us incredible depth at the wing with he and Dorrell coming off the bench hopefully along with Zo.

17. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Considering Jason Williams is incapable of staying healthy for a full season, I don't understand why the Heat want to pay Vince Carter 20 million a year (what hes asking for) instead of targeting Chauncey Billups. If they acquired Billups they would immediately have the best back court in the eastern conference (if not the league), as well as strike, what could be a crippling blow, to the Detroit Pistons.

Obviously, they would have to work out a sign and trade to make this possible, but it would be a far better option for them to explore than bringing in Vince.

18. jbbhoops4life

sounds like a dream come true to land a point guard like chauncey. but, IMO, the pistons wouldnt give us chauncey simply because of the rivalry that we have started with them. they would be helping us, so idk. but i would be pretty happy if we did get him.

19. playmaker15

I'd love to get Chauncey but I'm almost positive that won't happen untiil he becomes a FA. I think VC would let us have a killer offensive lineup with him and Wade. I like Wade at PG more than at SG actually.

20. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

If Vince Carter is asking for $20M per season, than Vince Carter does not care about winning. What GM in their right mind is going to pay that kind of money for Vince?