Overrated?

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Blitz, Aug 5, 2005.

1. LilChrisPaul21

LilChrisPaul21 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Let me repeat myself.....The Falcons defense have not won them anything yet. This core of guys anyways. Yeah theres pro bowls in the bunch but have they won anything? No. In today's sports world your success, as a team, is determined on how many rings you get. Not how many regular season games you win. Look at the Cardinals in the MLB for example. Last year they had an awesome record, but lost in the WS. They got barely any love, if any. And dont get me wrong here, im talking about the CORE guys of the team right now. Like Edmonds, Pujols, Rolen, etc. Im not talking of teams in the past.So that why i said their defense isnt as great as everyone thinks.

2. ThaFranchize

ThaFranchize BBW Member

How can it not count just because you didn't get a ring. There are other setbacks on the team besides just the defense. If you got a top defense, but the worse of offenses, you can't win a Super Bowl. The Bills never won a SB, but they have a defense that can carry their team. The Steelers have the #1 defense, why shouldn't it matter just because they don't have a ring. It's not like the only defense that can get people places is the Pats defense, just because they're winning Super Bowls. Only one team can win, so that shouldn't make all the other teams defense, "not" able to get the team anywhere. I'm pretty sure getting to the NFC championship is somwhere.