Pacers 104 @ Cavs 107

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by DajuanWagner#2, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Page 2 Own3D.

Damn Indiana 6 in a row, and Cavs 5 in a row. I just know it's going to be entertaining and I can't believe we can't watch it. Anyways. Hopefully Z continues his strong play. I actually for some reason feel real confident that the Cavs can take this one home. The team has just be playing too damn good. Cavs by 5. 4th quarter free throw challange.

2. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you think against the West it would be better for them having Pollard play the 5 rather than Foster?</div>

I think either way the Pacers are toast against the West without a big, physical, competent centre. But this is the Cavs forum so lets stay on topic....

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea Artest hasn't really shut down LJ's scoring, I don't know if he guarded him when Ricky was still their I don't remember. </div>

Well you don't pay attention very well do ya. Artest has manned up on James the whole time, resting whe James rests, checking in when James comes back. It has been awesome watching these 2 go at it.

James will have his turnovers, he was after all 18/19 years old going up against IMO the NBA's best defender.

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

O man this is going to be an awsome game. Pacers are a great team, bu the Cav's are on fire, and have what it takes to beat them. If the Cav's play there game, get boards, and move the ball around they hve a good shot at winning. Z needs to stay strong in the post, and Bron and Boozer both need to get points. One of the major factors I think will be how well the Cav's bench plays. If the Cav's bench can have a good night this will be a great game.

I say Cav's by 2

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Well you don't pay attention very well do ya. Artest has manned up on James the whole time, resting whe James rests, checking in when James comes back. It has been awesome watching these 2 go at it.

James will have his turnovers, he was after all 18/19 years old going up against IMO the NBA's best defender.</div>

Toronto played Washington that day, I wasn't watching the Cavs game, I flipped to it a few times during commercial though if that counts. [​IMG]

6. West Remy

West Remy JBB JustBBall Member

I have a good feeling about this game, for some odd reason. The rest the Cavaliers have gotten the last few days should help them, especially James who was dead tired after the team's last game.

7. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Time for the Cavs to step up and take on the best.

As always they need to exploit Z as much as possible.

Boozer is going to have his hands full and then some trying to guard O'Neal. Although, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Z take him some times. Either way, Boozer needs to stay out of foul trouble and force O'Neal to play D at the other end.

This was a much need little break for Lebron and I look for him to come out strong especially with him being geared up for facing off against Artest.

I've got a good feeling about this for some reason.

Cavs by 6.

(If we win this, I'll feel 99% confident that we make the playoffs.)

8. cavaliersfan25

cavaliersfan25 JBB JustBBall Member

In the teams first meeting of the year the Cavs lost by 1, second meeting by 10(day of Boston trade), and 3rd meeting by 3. Lebron is averaging about 23 against Indiana this year, and this is the first time Indiana has seen the Cavs with McInnis..........Cavs 97 Pacers 93

9. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Carlisle finds NBA home

Carlisle finds NBA home

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The doors to the Gund Arena practice court were closed Saturday afternoon, but the sounds of clapping and singing could be heard clearly in the hallway.

Suddenly, the Indiana Pacers spilled out en masse, laughing and chatting as if they didn't have a care in the world.
    Such is life when you have the best record in the NBA heading into this afternoon's game against the Cavaliers.

"It's always fun when you win," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle admitted

"That's one constant in this league. Obviously, we've done some good things and put ourselves in good position. But the goal continues to be to improve every day and prepare ourselves for playoff basketball and playoff success. That's going to be the barometer of whether our season was successful or not."

The 44-year-old Carlisle found out the hard way that even a successful season or two might not be enough to prevent a coach from losing his job</div>

Full story

10. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

O'Neal failed to scre in double figures for only the second time all season against Boston Friday night. He only played 28 mins with what was referred to as tendonitis in his knee. He says however that he'll be ready to go today.

We gotta get some outside shooting to pull em outta the paint and loosen it up for our bigs inside. And the key to this one, is if we get any perimeter "D". If their backcourt keeps leaving LeBron and company tangled in their jocks out front, it'll be too much of a job for our front line to stop em all. We'll be in foul trouble early and it'll be a long night.

11. jbbKing James

O'Neal was having knee problems last time these clubs met too, he even said he probably should not have played, but he still had a very good game.

Speaking of a very good game, this is what this game should be. Best team in the East vs. the new look McInnis Cavs. I love it.

12. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I've seen forward to see the top east teams against the new looking Cavs (McInnis-style).
    Love this game, as you King James [​IMG]

13. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Indiana Pacers can become the first team to reach the 50-win plateau this season when they visit the red-hot Cleveland Cavaliers.

Indiana has won seven straight and boasts the best record in the NBA at 49-16. The Pacers last won 50 in the 1999-2000 campaign when they reached the NBA Finals.

The Pacers' 24-10 road record is also the NBA's best and they have won eight of nine on the road. Reggie Miller scored 18 points in Indiana's 99-81 triumph at Boston on Friday.

Cleveland has won a season-high five straight and has moved into sixth place in the Eastern Conference standings. The Cavaliers have won nine of their last 11 games and four straight at home.

However, Indiana has won all three meetings with Cleveland this season and has won eight straight in the series. The three wins are by a total of 14 points.

Ron Artest scored 18 points in the last meeting, a 92-89 victory on December 30. Rookie LeBron James finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Cavaliers.
    </div>

Full ESPN Preview

14. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Very much looking forward to this one. We are well rested and should be very focussed on the job at hand. Z and James in particular would have appreciated this extended rest, although I became quite restless. Can we build on this momentum? I think so. Whether that comes with a win or just sticking with them for 4 quarters. They are the NBA elite right now, so if we have an oppotunity deepth in the 4th, we know we are on the right track heading toward the playoffs.

To have a chance at winning tonight we obviously go to our mismatches. Z is virtually every night so McInnis must continue to pound him the ball. Jeff himself could be strong tonight as Tinsley is erratic at both ends of the floor. But it comes down to two key matchups. Can Boozer contain O'Neal? And can Artest control LeBron? These should be great to watch!

If Artest takes James, that leaves Miller on Williams. Eric can exploit Reggie in the post. Could this be our surprise difference maker? I'm flipping a coin on this one.

15. jbbKing James

It's tip off time fellas!

Miller, Tinsley, Foster, Artest, and O'Neal start for Indy.

James, McInnis, Ilgauskas, Williams, and Boozer for Cleveland.

Cavs 15-8 for the 2nd best record in the East since the McInnis deal. Pacers have already clinched a playoff spot.

Say it loud Tait! Let's enjoy this one fellas.

16. KarmaCav

Williams with 2 fouls inside the first 2 minutes. Keep outa foul trouble boys.

6-3 good guys early

17. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Wow I haven't sat in my room and listened to Tait in a long long time. Im used to listening to him in my car.

18. jbbKing James

Pacers have 4 dunks so far, O'Neal having 3 of them.

Looks like another big game.

11/7 Pacers 8:00 left in first

Edit..

15/7 Pacers after 2 Artest steals, one of them another dunk.

19. KarmaCav

Down 11-7 and fouls everywhere.

Getting hurt by their bigs early, with O'Neal stamping his authority. This could be along night if he brings someone with him.

20. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

Its a GD dunkfest by Indiana thus far....

God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

James with the steal, layup and 1!

Tied at 17 early. James is capitalizing on Artest picking up 2 early fouls.