Pacers 104 @ Cavs 107

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by DajuanWagner#2, Mar 13, 2004.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Cavaliers Continue Playoff Push

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Zydrunas Ilgauskas helped the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their playoff push with one of their best wins of the season.

Ilgauskas made two free throws and a key defensive play in the final minute as the surging Cavaliers extended their winning streak to a season-high six games with a 107-104 victory over the league-leading Indiana Pacers.

Battling to make the playoffs for the first time since 1997-98, the Cavaliers hung tough all game against the Pacers, who came in with a seven-game winning streak.
    </div>

[​IMG]
    <font size="1"><font color="SlateGray">Carlos Boozer slams down two of his 19 points.</font></font>

Full Story

2. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PupMelo:</div><div class="quote_post">Another win by the cavs, if they keep on playing with this composure in the playoffs and leastern conference, a first round win upset may very well be guaranteed.</div>

The Cavs winning in the first round, is that still an upset? Cavs winning in the Second round, would that be an upset? Cavs are now one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference, so I think that if the cavs beat someone it's no upset, that's just me.

3. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Amherstcavsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">The Cavs winning in the first round, is that still an upset? Cavs winning in the Second round, would that be an upset? Cavs are now one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference, so I think that if the cavs beat someone it's no upset, that's just me.</div>

haha of course it'd be no upset becoz the Cavs are one of the best team in the conference, but the seed suggests it's an upset... just like the 5th seeded Lakers last year when they beat the 4th seeded Wolves in the first round, everybody was favouring the Lakers to win but when they did, it's still an upset...

4. jbbKing James

Cavs have all kinds of things going against them that the common uneducated fan would bash them for (we see it every day)

Of course we only won 17 games last year
    Cavs youth
    Only having McInnis for about a 3th of the season
    All those games with Ricky and Darius (nightmares)
    Lower half playoff seed

But as some of us have been crying out, this is not the same Cavalier team, this is not a streak. This is how the Cavs have played since doing these 2 trades, it is just time for the people to wake up.

5. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

The most likely scenario still has us placed against at best 6th. So in reality we probably will be facing the Pistons. A win in a seven game series against Detroit would be an upset. Before their trade for Wallace, I would have been confident of a series win, but with that extra presence, the scales are tipped in their favour!

6. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

What can I say, i'm very disappointing the Cavs won, this was a great win for the Cavs, but bad for my Heat regarding the playoff race :P. Jermaine was a monster tonight, Boozer just couldn't contain him inside, but that doesn't really matter because the Cavs came out with the W.

See you on April 9th [​IMG].

7. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">What can I say, i'm very disappointing the Cavs won, this was a great win for the Cavs, but bad for my Heat regarding the playoff race :P. Jermaine was a monster tonight, Boozer just couldn't contain him inside, but that doesn't really matter because the Cavs came out with the W.

See you on April 9th [​IMG].</div>
    I share you're disappointment, only mine is aimed at the Heat. You'd think beating your division leading rivals, you could make up some ground, however for both teams it is the status quo, with the Knicks also upsetting the Bucks. At least we are gapping the Sixers and Raptors, while the Celts annoyingly hold close.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm surprised we are doing so well without Z being a factor of any sort. We're not going to shoot over 60% the whole game, so we need to toughen up on the defensive end.

Bender, O'Neal, and Harrington are killing us. We have to quit giving up second looks and easy inside baskets.

O'Neal and Bender knocking down threes? Whats going on today?</div>

Bender could always hit three's, 34.3% career (84-245), 50% (7-14) this year, 35.8% (19-53) last year and 36.0% (45-125) 2001-2002.

Great game for the Cavs, they really needed this to propel them to even more wins, as a Raptors and Heat fan I wasn't too pleased, but we (Raps) have Utah and Chicago next and are hoping to win.

9. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I gotta give mad props to the Cavs for this game- 6 straight wins. Looks like no one in the east can stop them. I have to say that they're the one team in the East that no one wants to play in the playoffs. Looks like everything is coming together for them at the perfect time. Keep doing ya thing Cavs (cuz I know my warriors aint).

10. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Biggest win of the year imo. The Cavs confidence level should be at peak at the moment and should play strong within our homestand. Who is going to break our streak? Detroit mabey?

11. insshc

insshc JBB JustBBall Member

utah scares me, detroit will be very tough but I think we have the ability to win that, but I'm getting bad feelings about utah

12. jbbKing James

Cavs like view from above

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Victory over Eastern Conference-leading Pacers is sixth in a row

The confetti streamed from above. The decibel level from a feisty sellout crowd was high. LeBron James stood alone near mid-court and flexed his muscles.

Call it Solidification Sunday.

Not only are the Cavaliers a bona fide playoff contender these days, they are fast becoming a force.

The Indiana Pacers, the team with the NBA's best record, can firmly attest to that. The Pacers became the sixth consecutive team to succumb to the Cavaliers' might on Sunday, when even their famous late-game mettle couldn't stop the league's hottest team.
    </div>

Full Story

[​IMG]
    <font size="1"><font color="DimGray">Cavs reserve Lee Nailon scores inside
    agaisnt Pacer's Jonathan Bender during
    first half action at Gund Arena.</font></font>

13. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Very nice win. You let them score more than a hundred but the point is, you scored more. [​IMG].

Good work Big Z!

Keep it up Cavs.

14. insshc

insshc JBB JustBBall Member

hey, it got me free chalupas =]