Packers vs. Bears...ugh...

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Pack Attack, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

What a waste... I knew that the Bears were going to come in to town with all guns blazing, but FIVE turnovers??? Sweet fancy Moses that was horrible...</p>

Mike McCarthy didn't do the team any favors, either, by switching from the aggressive attacking style of the first half to the classic Holmgren "let's not play to win, let's play not to lose" approach in the 2nd half.</p>

Man...this one's going to hurt for a while. I hope James Jones has to spend the next five days doing nothing but hands drills, too. His two fumbles cost us at least six points...probably more, last night.</p>

I'm going to go throw up now...</p>

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

What a waste... I knew that the Bears were going to come in to town with all guns blazing, but FIVE turnovers??? Sweet fancy Moses that was horrible...</p>

Mike McCarthy didn't do the team any favors, either, by switching from the aggressive attacking style of the first half to the classic Holmgren "let's not play to win, let's play not to lose" approach in the 2nd half.</p>

Man...this one's going to hurt for a while. I hope James Jones has to spend the next five days doing nothing but hands drills, too. His two fumbles cost us at least six points...probably more, last night.</p>

</div></p>

I think this hurt the team more than the 5 turnovers last night since Brian Griese did his part in giving it right back. Greenbay was moving the ball throw the air, and decided to get cute in the second half and run the ball against a fired up Bears defense. The offensive rhythm disappeared in the 2nd half and the Bears closed the 10 point gap and took momentum back. Bears were in a must win situation last night and the Packers didn't do enough to break their spirit after halftime.</p>

</p>

3. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

That was rediculous, now I can to deal with this at school. >.></p>

4. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Deshawn Wynn was pretty good early in the game especially in the first drive. When you think about it, those two turnovers by James Jones may have been the key reason they lost because those led to 10 points off those. Great game nonetheless and it actually came down to the wire. But Favre didn't do well at that last chance because he did not even try throwing at the sidelines to stop the clock.</p>

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Deshawn Wynn was pretty good early in the game especially in the first drive. When you think about it, those two turnovers by James Jones may have been the key reason they lost because those led to 10 points off those. Great game nonetheless and it actually came down to the wire. But Favre didn't do well at that last chance because he did not even try throwing at the sidelines to stop the clock.</p>

</div></p>

Well he didn't have a chance to because the Bears defense played it soft in the middle and put extra defenders on the sidelines. Favre took what the defense was giving him. I do agree the clock management was poor on the last drive. Maybe they should have spiked the ball a couple of times and give themselves more shots at the end zone.</p>

</p>

6. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

I feel your pain. I have a friend at school who is a Bear fan, and another who is a Lion fan. The Bear fan rubbed the win in my face pretty bad today. It doesn't help that I used to make fun of the Bears for their suckyness so far this year. The Lion fan is nowconvinced that the Lions will win the division and won't shut up about that. He likes to think the Lions are better than they actually are.</p>

James Jones has made me a happy Packer fan as of late. I had really been bragging about him to my friends, I even told my Bear friend he was going to show-up the Bear defense. So that sucked. You let me down James... You let me down.</p>

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Bears didn't impress me at all. If you told me the Packers would have 12 penalties and 5 turnovers before the game, I would've told you Bears in a blowout. Still Chicago has confidence now and they'll make this a race. Packers weren't going to go undefeated this year. It'll be interesting how this young team responds against a good Washington team next week.</p>

8. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Hopefully we pull ahead more next week with a win. I dont think I can see that game either. [​IMG]</p>

9. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    There's always this!</p>

[​IMG]</p>

10. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

-beats denny with shoe- [​IMG]</p>