Panarin

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Disturbed, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    He’s a UFA after this year and sounds like he wants to play in NY. This could be another Shattenkirk situation where they just wait it out and give up no draft capital to get him.

Talented scorer still fairly young. Play the kids get more experience (and better picks) and look at 2019-20 as the time to start building up free agents. Could do a lot worse than getting a 27 year old Panarin to include on the reboot.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

He makes his linemates and the PP better consistently. I'm for it if they can find away to dump Staal. Honestly, I would move Hayes who I like, get Staal to waive his clause and retain half his salary and trade for Panarin now. Torts loves Staal and he was good last year. It's better than Columbus losing him for nothing. We've seen this many times before where a player gets fixated on coming to NY. Columbus would be wise to move him now. I don't consider them a Stanley Cup contender. ;There defense is not deep past 2-3 guys. Honestly, they are fairly weak at center.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Apparently LL and the Isles are very interested in trading for him. Hope not as they would probably find a way to sign him.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

The Islanders have nothing to give up for him. Their team already lacks depth at center which is what the Blue Jackets need. They also lack depth and talent on defense which is what the Blue Jackets need. Most importantly, he stated his first choice was the Rangers. Translation, he doesn't want to play for them.

mrmel29 likes this.