Pats release..

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Pats37, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Rohan Davey, Cedric Cobbs, and Dexter Reid...Not really surprised by Davey and though Cobbs was supposed to challenge for a back up role he just is never healthy and fumbled on his first carry of the preseason on Friday...

the cut of Dexter Reid is kind of a positive in my eyes because he was one of the lone bright spots on special teams a season ago and our special teams were terrible to say the least but he was terrible whenever asked to play any defense..it must mean that alot of our new rookies like Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders made him expendable on special teams and are both much better in the regular defense...Guss Scott coming back from mising last season is also a big reason.

Now its a wait and see on the WR and CB postion..Chad Scott had a decent game against the Packers and both Gay and Samuel looked pretty good..I just wish Duane Starks would get healthy. I'm also very interested to see who picks up some of our cuts because most if not all will find there way on a NFL roster or our Practice squad.

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i think the pats were forced to release davey because if they released Cassell and tryed to get him on the practice squad he would get picked up by some team and put on the their regular roster.

3. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Davey may end up in Miami he's Saban's boy ain't he?

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

what about the bears? the are in need a good veteran QB, and right now Davey is better than Orton, Hutchinson and Blake

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about the bears? the are in need a good veteran QB, and right now Davey is better than Orton, Hutchinson and Blake</div>

They just gave the nod to Orton. I doubt they bring Davey in and take it away. If Davey does sign with the Bears which I don't think he will he'll be a backup.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Davey may end up in Miami he's Saban's boy ain't he?</div>

He was recruited by Nick & did go to LSU if thats what you mean.

I hope he doesn't but there are plenty of Miami fans that hope so. I truly believe that Rosenfels (current 3rd stringer) is a better solution than Frerrotte, Feeley, or Feidler. If you look at Sage's stats, he does do quite well when he's in.

SR is tall, somewhat mobile, a good arm, & good pocket presence. If anyone has been getting the short end of the stick, its him. Of course, I also have said Miami shouldn't have gotten rid of Brian Greise.

I don't not want to see Rohan in Aqua & Orange. I'd prefer Tim Couch. Hell; I'd even prefer Joey Harrington or Cody Pickett (Niners 3rd string).

I'd pass out from extreme joy if the 'phins acquired Craig Nall who is w/ Grren Bay or Dave Ragone of the Texans