Paul Pierce Is Overrated!

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by illslope, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

ill slope has officialy been [​IMG] by every almost every regualr poster on JBB

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

He won't be back..But if he starts something like this again..he will be warned.

3. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Pierce went through that stabbing where he could have been KILLED, and he still played at an all star level that season...don't even question the mans heart.</div>

ex-fucing-actly.....how can you ever ever ever question this mans HEART....
    And you have that dude saying he is over rated WTF what ****....paul pierce doesnt get the attention he deserves...

4. illslope

illslope JBB JustBBall Member

Nah money, I wasn't roasted because other than the heart issue (point of infomation) ...no where did I say Peirce didn't have any heart, obviously anyone who can come back from a stabbing, has something. I said he he didn't measure up to AI. As far as being roated, most of u clowns just quoted stats....blah, blah, blah. Enuf said.....just watch the games and learn to analyze!..............Illslope, Terps and Lakers till I die.....

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah money, I wasn't roasted because other than the heart issue (point of infomation) ...no where did I say Peirce didn't have any heart, obviously anyone who can come back from a stabbing, has something. I said he he didn't measure up to AI. As far as being roated, most of u clowns just quoted stats....blah, blah, blah. Enuf said.....just watch the games and learn to analyze!..............Illslope, Terps and Lakers till I die.....</div>

Born in 1960..sure that is not 1990?

Anyway, show some respect man, don't come here to bash, or you won't be here for very long. Prove us wrong, prove to us you can talk somer mature basketball with us.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Money, stats do mean something...if he is averging that much...than HOW THE HELL IS HE OVERRRATED???? just a question home slice

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Truely amazing that some people still don't understand what the word overrated means....Maybe they dislike the player and think "overrated" is a nice word..

Very odd indeed

Many think PP doesn't get much respect and is underrated I feel the same.

8. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

Paul Pierce overrated? He's like one of the most
    unappreciated and unnoticed player in the L!

9. illslope

Oh I see, I have an unpopular opinion and "I won't be here long"? I get it. ANYWAY, I'm sticking with my opinion. All ima say is the season is starting soon and we'll see. If Peirce elevates the play of his teammates and his teams make some noise in the offs, then I'll give him next next level status.

10. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

fact is ,he is not appreciated enough to be overrated...hes not even talked about that much...how the hell is he overrated?

11. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Truely amazing that some people still don't understand what the word overrated means....Maybe they dislike the player and think "overrated" is a nice word..

Very odd indeed

Many think PP doesn't get much respect and is underrated I feel the same.</div>

Thats right, I think some people don't understand what it means, because theres nothing you can hold against Pierce that makes him overrated.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">If Peirce elevates the play of his teammates and his teams make some noise in the offs, then I'll give him next next level status.</div>

He has already done that the last two years....He has led his team to a good seed and has led them to the conference finals two years ago and the 2nd round last season...What else is he suppose to do? Pierce can't elevate his game much more....He is already a superstar that gives the celtics 25,7 and 4...taken his team far in the post season with little talent...You seriously can't know what the word overrated means...As it has nothing to do with how he or his team does...

13. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

come on man...give Paul some space and he will shoot over you...come near him and he'll blow right by you...try to block his shot and you'll end up posterized...

14. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Im just going to say this... 21-21 FT Game 1 Eastern Confrence 1st round. Tell me how thats overrated

15. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

this guy just don't accept defeat...first, he tells everyone that Pierce is overrated...of course, stats will come in to show that he's not (good job on that everyone)...now, he's telling that AI is better than Pierce...why don't you tell us first why ya think he's overrated...we don't roast you coz we don't like your posts...when you post something, be sure that you have something (stats or anything) to back it up...saying Lakers will i die won't do the trick IMHO

16. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh I see, I have an unpopular opinion and "I won't be here long"? I get it. ANYWAY, I'm sticking with my opinion. All ima say is the season is starting soon and we'll see. If Peirce elevates the play of his teammates and his teams make some noise in the offs, then I'll give him next next level status.</div>

The last two seasons he has gotten his team to the ECF and the ECSF, it's not greatess but it's more than 3/4 of the other teams in the East

17. illslope

I'll give you my reasons for my statement. READ: I never said this guy was a "bad" player, in fact he's quite talented....

Look y'all.this cat put up 25 a game last no small feat since he gotta share the rock w/Walker. BUT he shot 41%!!!!!!! NOT GREAT!!!! In the offs he avg 27, ok...but on 39% shooting.....Granted shooting percentages don't tell the full story. In the games I saw the brotha took alot bad shots. It wouldn't hurt him to get his teammates MORE involved. the great ones do.. ..As I said earlier, Pierce whinned a lot and shot a lot (of bad shots) in the Worlds and he was supposed to be a leader..... I figure once he matures he'll be a next level cat.

As for AI, he has never been on a team with a legitimate scoring threat. The rap is he doesn't share the ball....My question, who on the 76'ERS is a threat? Now that he has Big Dog to run with it will be a different story. Lastly, this summer's qualifying tournament should give you an idea of what kind a playa AI is when he has talent to run with.................

Terps and Lakers till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll give you my reasons for my statement. READ: I never said this guy was a "bad" player, in fact he's quite talented....

Look y'all.this cat put up 25 a game last no small feat since he gotta share the rock w/Walker. BUT he shot 41%!!!!!!! NOT GREAT!!!! In the offs he avg 27, ok...but on 39% shooting.....Granted shooting percentages don't tell the full story. In the games I saw the brotha took alot bad shots. It wouldn't him to get his teammates MORE.. ..As I said earlier, Pierce whinned a lot and shot a lot (of bad shots) in the Worlds and he was supposed to be a leader..... I figure once he matures he'll be a next level cat.</div>

well this is the first time youve provided ANY substance to back up your insane claim, its still an insane claim, but at least this time your providing something to back it up

shooting percentages dont mean anything, just ask iverson...is he overrated too?

in the games you saw he took a lot of bad shots? what does that mean? so what if he takes bad shots...every game, someone is going to have to take a bad shot, off a broken play, or with the shot clock runnin down...PP is their go to guy, so who is gonna take the bulk of the bad shots? obviously him. he also hit a lot of those shots, and also hit clutch shots, and like dee said earlier....went 21-21 from the free throw line in game 1, and hit some pretty damn clutch free throws too.

sure, he prolly did whine a bit? but he doesnt seem to get the same calls that the kobe's and the t-mac's are getting, so i dont blame him, must be a little frustrating.

btw...your in DC and your fav team is the lakers? get off the bandwagon and support your home team :thumbsup:

19. illslope

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">well this is the first time youve provided ANY substance to back up your insane claim, its still an insane claim, but at least this time your providing something to back it up

shooting percentages dont mean anything, just ask iverson...is he overrated too?

in the games you saw he took a lot of bad shots? what does that mean? so what if he takes bad shots...every game, someone is going to have to take a bad shot, off a broken play, or with the shot clock runnin down...PP is their go to guy, so who is gonna take the bulk of the bad shots? obviously him. he also hit a lot of those shots, and also hit clutch shots, and like dee said earlier....went 21-21 from the free throw line in game 1, and hit some pretty damn clutch free throws too.

sure, he prolly did whine a bit? but he doesnt seem to get the same calls that the kobe's and the t-mac's are getting, so i dont blame him, must be a little frustrating.

btw...your in DC and your fav team is the lakers? get off the bandwagon
    and support your home team :thumbsup:</div>

Yo money, I been down with the Lakers since the Kareem trade.....no BANDWAGON HERE.........JUST LOYALTY..........

PEACE

20. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As for AI, he has never been on a team with a legitimate scoring threat. The rap is he doesn't share the ball....My question, who on the 76'ERS is a threat? Now that he has Big Dog to run with it will be a different story. Lastly, this summer's qualifying tournament should give you an idea of what kind a playa AI is when he has talent to run with.................</div>

Outside of Walker, who on the Celtics was a legitimate scoring threat? Also AI had KVH, who can score 15-20 a game