Paul Pierce Is Overrated!

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by illslope, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Look y'all.this cat put up 25 a game last no small feat since he gotta share the rock w/Walker. BUT he shot 41%!!!!!!! NOT GREAT!!!! In the offs he avg 27, ok...but on 39% shooting.....</div>

Since when is a shooting guard shooting 41% not good? For a center those aren't great numbers but he is a shooting guard. Shooting 41% from the field is pretty good.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">n the games I saw the brotha took alot bad shots. It wouldn't hurt him to get his teammates MORE involved. the great ones do.. ..As I said earlier, Pierce whinned a lot and shot a lot (of bad shots) in the Worlds and he was supposed to be a leader..... I figure once he matures he'll be a next level cat.</div>

Pierce actually takes relatively good shots. Allen Iverson is the one that needs to learn shot selection. Go ask your school's basketball coach if you dont believe me. Ask anyone who has ever watched AI and Pierce play together.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As for AI, he has never been on a team with a legitimate scoring threat. The rap is he doesn't share the ball....My question, who on the 76'ERS is a threat? Now that he has Big Dog to run with it will be a different story. </div>

Coleman, Van Horn and Snow can all shoot the ball. There will be no difference in AI's play this year even though they have Coleman.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Lastly, this summer's qualifying tournament should give you an idea of what kind a playa AI is when he has talent to run with.................</div>

He was playing with the best players in the world. WHo wouldnt play good with the talent he did? It is a fact that you play better when you havethe best players playing around you. I dont think it was AI that played great, but it was players that Duncan, Kidd, and TMAC that made him better.

Think about it, when you have a great basketball player on your team? Of course you do. That is the same thing with AI. He had the best players around him so it is no joke that he played well.

2. bball guru

bball guru JBB JustBBall Member

as much as I hate agreeing with this kid. I can see what he means by Paul Pierce is overrated. Some Fantasy People have him ranked #1, and he's not. Maybe like 4-5. He's not better then T-Mac, KG, Dirk, or Tim Duncan. He's good and maybe slightly better then AI. But he's not as good as some fantasy people rank him.

3. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Yo money, I been down with the Lakers since the Kareem trade.....no BANDWAGON HERE.........JUST LOYALTY..........

PEACE</div>

yea yea yea....your obviously a teenager, dont front

[​IMG]

4. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BBall Guru:</div><div class="quote_post">as much as I hate agreeing with this kid. I can see what he means by Paul Pierce is overrated. Some Fantasy People have him ranked #1, and he's not. Maybe like 4-5. He's not better then T-Mac, KG, Dirk, or Tim Duncan. He's good and maybe slightly better then AI. But he's not as good as some fantasy people rank him.</div>

Maybe fantasy wise he's top 5, but I have never heard someone say he is a top 5 player. Top 10, most people agree he is, but not top 5. I could care less about fantasy, I care that he plays with tons of energy and leads the Celtics to victories.

5. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe fantasy wise he's top 5, but I have never heard someone say he is a top 5 player. Top 10, most people agree he is, but not top 5. I could care less about fantasy, I care that he plays with tons of energy and leads the Celtics to victories.</div>

word...and not to mention from a pure spectator's point of view, hes pretty damn fun to watch play the game.

6. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Since the Kareem trade? There is no way this "guy" is that old. I agree with DJ in saying that he is a teen, it is all over his posts.

7. vinsan1ty5

vinsan1ty5 JBB JustBBall Member

that hurts when you say that paul is overrated. he works just as hard or harder as anybody else, or AI. i personally LOVE paul. way before he started picking up popularity/...i saw him as original and a strong player overall.. i love paul!

8. bball guru

bball guru JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe fantasy wise he's top 5, but I have never heard someone say he is a top 5 player. Top 10, most people agree he is, but not top 5. I could care less about fantasy, I care that he plays with tons of energy and leads the Celtics to victories.</div>

Of course, I'm not denying that he isn't a hard worker. He is, the kid plays with a great energy like no one else. He alway seems mad and ready to kill. Out of a top 5 in the NBA I would probably put him a #5

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Since the Kareem trade? There is no way this "guy" is that old. I agree with DJ in saying that he is a teen, it is all over his posts.</div>

Maybe he means the Kareem Rush trade [​IMG]

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

that's prob it, lol. pierce is a top 10 player, if you are a top 10 player, u can't be overrated.

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

or maybe...just maybe...all of us are wrong...the Celtics mgmt is wrong...NBA fans are wrong...statisticians are wrong...and this guy is correct... [​IMG]

12. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

this guy really doesn thave a clue

"paul Pierce is overrated"
    "hes a ballhog"
    "he cant shut people down"
    "all he does is score"

these are alll laughable falsehoods. You should be kissing pierces ass for wehat he did in the world championships. He carried the team cause no one else cared and he payed the price with fatique through the real season

13. olskoolfunktitude

As if we needed mroe Proof that this illslope fella has not the faintest idea what hes talking about, Paul Pierce proved once again last night why he's one of the best and well rounded plkayers in the game. When everyone fretted over what he could do without Walker, Paul Pierce used every facet of his game to lead the new-look celtics to a blowout victory over whats expected to be a championship caliber timberwolves team. Im not saying the celtics are going to find themselves in the 55-60 win area with a shot at the whole thing but Pierce showed once again that he can absolutley take over a game without even breaking 15 points and it takes a very special player to do that. 8 boards and 9 assists, styfling defense and unwavering leadership. Pierce had control of that game from start untill he was taken out with a 20 point lead already established

14. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">As if we needed mroe Proof that this illslope fella has not the faintest idea what hes talking about, Paul Pierce proved once again last night why he's one of the best and well rounded plkayers in the game. When everyone fretted over what he could do without Walker, Paul Pierce used every facet of his game to lead the new-look celtics to a blowout victory over whats expected to be a championship caliber timberwolves team. Im not saying the celtics are going to find themselves in the 55-60 win area with a shot at the whole thing but Pierce showed once again that he can absolutley take over a game without even breaking 15 points and it takes a very special player to do that. 8 boards and 9 assists, styfling defense and unwavering leadership. Pierce had control of that game from start untill he was taken out with a 20 point lead already established</div>

Great game by the Celtics, pierce showed what he can really do. I still wish Walker was here but the trade may not have been as bad as I thought.

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Trades are hardly ever as bad when first thought...Look at the Bucks/Sonics trade of last season...People were saying the Bucks ripped the Sonics...BUT Ray Allen had an amazing time with the Sonics where he averaged 24,6 and 6 in the 35 odd games he played...Now the Bucks don't even have Payton

The Sonics are laughing to the bank with that one now..

16. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

^I always thought the Bucks got ripped.

Anyways, this thread is ridiculous and I'm glad I didn't see it a week ago. No, I wouldn't say Pierce is top five, but he's definitely top ten in the league. He definitely doesn't get as much credit as he deserves for leading the Celtics.

17. olskoolfunktitude

18. jbbTHETRUTH

jbbTHETRUTH JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah yo, Peirce showed what he was about last year in world championships.............a shot nut and a whiner!!!!!!!!!</div>

hey ***** face...he wasn't whining, the summer team was lame...they had absolutely no offense, and someone had to step it up..and when pierce did everyone wanted to sit and talk ****..antonio davis...cmon now..what kind of team is that...pierce was just doing what he had to do

19. jbbTHETRUTH

jbbTHETRUTH JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">If I took as many shots as Peirce did I'd be ranked in scoring too. Peeps this, once Jordan finally trusted his teammates, they started winning rings. If Peirce came correct the the Celtics would win more....especially in the East............I'll Take AI and Kobe over Pierce.......</div>

hey dc you're from dc and you like kobe and the lakers...why dont you get your facts straight and get off the LA bandwagon...pierce is better than AI and is right up there with kobe if not surpassing him..he rebounds, plays the perimeter, drives to the hole, passes...the complete player and he's clutch in the 4th quarter (#1 in the league in 4th quarter scoring)....get off kobe's nutz

20. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Paul Peirce may be a great player, but he's not overrated.