Peja Stojakovic

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Casske, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Casske

Casske JBB JustBBall Member

Reports heard yesterday that he's demanded a trade from the Sacramento Kings.

How would Stojakovic for Damp/Dunleavy sound?

2. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casske:</div><div class="quote_post">Reports heard yesterday that he's demanded a trade from the Sacramento Kings.

How would Stojakovic for Damp/Dunleavy sound?</div>

That would be great for us but it ain't happening. The only way it would happen is if we offered JRich + Murphy + Biedrins+Speedy. I like Peja a lot but no way we can get him without trading away our promising players with friendly contracts.

3. iceman

iceman JBB JustBBall Member

LOL Peja to Warriors? [​IMG]

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iceman:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL Peja to Warriors? [​IMG]</div>
    LOL Shaq for 3 non-allstars? [​IMG]

No way is Peja worth that much. IMO he's not the kind of player you want to build a team around anyway.

5. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL Shaq for 3 non-allstars? [​IMG]

</div>

Yeah, seriously. The only way Miami messes this one up is if Shaq breaks his ankle missing a step on his way to step on the court. Odom? BRIANT GRANT!?! BUTLER?! The warriors had better bargaining chips than that.

On the brighter side of things I made you something. It's a paper bag with two eye holes and one mouth hole. I don't think it'll take Miss Cleo to tell you that you're gonna need it all year.

6. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">
    No way is Peja worth that much. IMO he's not the kind of player you want to build a team around anyway.</div>

No,but he's a decent player who can shoot well from the bench.i think he will work things out with Kings GM Petrie and the Maloofs and come to terrize the Warriors [​IMG]

And if he were to be traded,i doubt it would be in the NBA West??

7. HinrichGotHeart

HinrichGotHeart JBB JustBBall Member

Peja cant create his own shot, the warriors need more guys that can drive the ball thru the lane nd help the rest of the team get some nice looks. Not 2 mention Peja's D would be a great addition 2 the W's hahah yeaaa..

8. Rudeezy

^^True. I don't know why Peja would want out of Sacramento. He needs to be on a team with atleast one other star for him to be real effective. Like you said, he can't create his own shot as we saw in last year's playoffs.

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casske:</div><div class="quote_post">Reports heard yesterday that he's demanded a trade from the Sacramento Kings.

How would Stojakovic for Damp/Dunleavy sound?</div>Sounds good to me [​IMG]

c: Foyle
    pf: Murphy
    sf: Stojakavic
    sg: Richardson
    pg: Claxton

Bench
    c: Dale Davis / Eschmeyer (always injured, but good rebounder)
    pf: Biedrens / Cliff Robinson/ Popeye Jones (probably won't crack the rotation but he'll battle in the paint)
    sf: Cliff Robinson / Pietrus / Biedrens
    sg: Pietrus / Derek Fisher
    pg: Derek Fisher / Dan Dickau

Biedrens will be ready to play right away I bet.

10. Rudeezy

If only it were that easy...

11. Custodianrules2

Yeah Peja has pretty high trade value. And plus if the punk is demanding to be traded, you never know what he might do on our team. It's like a basketball pick up game depending on how you choose teams, if you get picked by the guys that you know suck, you just try to play as well as you can and don't moan about it. Don't throw a fit and demand to be on a better team because it's all about the love of the game. I got no respect for players like that. Just shut yo mouth and play, Peja, if what the news is saying is true.

12. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I love Peja..

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I love Peja..</div>
    I love Jesus..

14. TheFuller

TheFuller JBB JustBBall Member

and he doesnt love you

15. Custodianrules2

I still don't understand how Peja is the nickname for the Serbian name Pedrag. Maybe it's because its easier to pronounce or it sounds similar?

16. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I love Jesus..</div>

Me too. He is such a baller! Literally anything he throws up, GOES IN! :mrgreen: I have never heard of a 100% fg percentage.

17. SanQuinn

SanQuinn JBB Banned Member

How did we go from Peja to Jesus?
    I doubt the Kings will part ways with Peja...unless they get a superstar of his caliber in return. In order to offer an attrative package we would have to sacrifice a lot of our young core. Is peja worth it? Is a a franchise player to build a team around? I'm not so certain. And even if we did have an offer the Kings liked, they would never trade Peja a team in their own division.

18. coldsauce33

coldsauce33 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think that he would be a good franchise player to build around, why would he complain if he is on a winning team, what, just because vlady went to another team doesn't mean you have to go too. Plus trading damp and dunleavy +claxton+and beidrens, hmmmm the thought of that would scare me. I do like the way he shoots when the ball goes in the air, you can see it spin hehehehe. To me he is just another toni kukoc that is much quicker.

I love my toilet!

Sorry i havent replied in a while, I went on a vacation to LA to visit people. I'm back babay!!!!! [​IMG]

19. Custodianrules2

Was that the reason why Peja wanted to leave because Vlade Divac went to the Lakers? Peja also mentioned in some articles on hoopshype.com rumors about wanting to go where there is a big Serbian/Greek-speaking population in the states and that he is expecting a kid soon. I guess he and his wife want their family to have a lot of culture rather than become assimilated with the rest of us English-speaking only citizens. Because why else would he leave the Kings, who have great owners and a winning team? Living in Sactown ain't that bad.

Maybe Yao will get tired of Houston and want to raise kids in the bay area? hmmm [​IMG]

20. Warriorfansnc93

Do you guys think a trade of Damp/Jrich for Peja would work? I think it would in the pts/rebs department.