Pelicans center Alexis Ajinca still experiencing pain in Achilles' tendon

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by truebluefan, Sep 29, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

New Orleans Pelicans backup center Alexis Ajinca was cleared to participate in Tuesday's opening day of training camp at The Greenbrier, but he's not fully recovered from an Achilles' tendon injury.

Ajinca acknowledged on Monday that he is still experiencing pain in his Achilles. In July, the Pelicans requested for Ajinca to withdraw from participating on the French National team at the Eurobasket tournament after he continued to experience pain in his Achilles tendon.

''I'll have to work through it a little bit, it's still painful,'' Ajinca said during Monday's media day. ''I'm going to try and practice. I thought I was going to be 100 percent, but I'm not 100 percent yet. It was something I thought was not a major injury, I've just got to play through it.''

The Pelicans have not indicated if how much work Ajinca will be allowed to do in camp. But the franchise confirmed last week that Ajinca was cleared to participate.

Ajinca signed a four-year, $20 million contract this summer to return to the Pelicans. Ajinca, 7-foot-2, 248 pounds, emerged last season in his second season with the Pelicans after averaging a career-high 6.5 points.

- See more at:http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2015/09/new_orleans_pelicans_center_al_6.html#incart_river