Phoenix Suns vs. Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by jkidd51524, May 23, 2006.

1. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I think Tim Thomas should get suspended for sexual harrassment in the workplace. We all want to sex Dirk, but come on now.

2. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

How about Tim Thomas saying: "Where I come from, if you get punked on by someone like that (Dirk) I'll never be able to go back"A) Why would you want to go back?[​IMG] By "Someone like that" do you mean someone who is much better at basketball than you, and will dunk on your ass any day?

3. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Dirk doesen't dunk on him....Thomas was the only one that dunked on him, lol. Game 1.... Thomas is a lot tougher than Dirk and Dirk is lucky Thomas didn't rip his head off, like Raja failed to do with Kobe, haha. What do you think he meant though? I just read an article with that quote in there. It's what Dirk did in the middle of the game... I don't care what Thomas said, I really like the guy. Kobe is a much better player than Raja, but who got the last laugh? Raja and his mother, lol.Anyways, the Suns are 4-0 in elimination games. They like to play this mean game with their fans. I think some Suns fans may end up in the hospital because of a heart attack or something.

4. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Tim Thomas? Tough? The guy plays no defense and is known as a lazy bastard who makes no effort. Why is he tough? Because he lived in "da hood"?And despite the Suns 4-0 record in elimination games, I see Dallas closing it out. Look for Dirk to get a solid 35+ points in a close win

5. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Tim Thomas got owned tonight. He can't guard Dirk or Howard. His perimeter defense is very poor. He doesn't step out enough on Dirk. Marion is the only player that can limit Dirk but he is guarding Howard most of the time.

6. ASUFan22

Dirks defense is pretty bad too. Not really any better than Thomas from what I've seen. Yes Kmart, because he lived in da hood and have you seen those biceps? lol He's given effort this year and that's what matters. You guys really mess up with the Suns quotes on this forum. :-DI don't know were you got Dirk dunking on him from. Dirk only dunks on guards. :)BTW, some advice is to not take me too seriously after losses, especially if I'm talking about men's biceps.Also, no one person is going to limit Dirk so it's smart to put Marion on Howard and I wish we had Bell so he could help out too. To stop Dirk from getting in his groove the Suns need to do a little double teaming like they did with Brand.

7. mavsfan1000

No one is going to limit Josh Howard either. [​IMG] He is that good and that aggressive. Bell is probably your best defender on Howard and Marion is your best defender on Dirk. My idea is you should start this lineup against Dallas.NashBarbosaBellMarionDiaw. Tim Thomas as your 6th man.

8. ASUFan22

Bell is too slow right now. I think Marion can do a good job on Howard. Bell is shorter and probably not as strong. Only thing is that Marion gets switched and ends up on another man anyway.... :P

9. mavsfan1000

Well I guess that injury is still bothering him but if he played like he did in game 4 than he I think could be an irritant to Josh Howard. Marion is not quick enough from what I've seen to stay with Josh Howard but who is? Josh Howard at home plays much better so maybe he comes back to earth in game 6.

10. ASUFan22

Yeah, that injury is stopping him from playing his game. I'd love to complain about injuries and talk about how my team would own if we were healthy, but you guys might have had a championship already if not for that Dirk injury so I got no reason to complain. [​IMG] If Raja doesen't feel better he's going to need to flop like crazy to do something. He has no speed or lift. He can't shoot.I got myself a SunSbelievable shirt today. This team is my favorite sports team ever because of what they've done so far.Also, I see you put Barbosa in the starting line-up...he's horrible there. He's always been better off the bench because he's more confident coming from there. And Thomas should start. He was good yesturday and even with his struggles on defense in Game 5 he's still the best guy to guard Dirk inside. Marion is too small. That line-up can be used later.I personally like the Nash-4 forward line-up best, for rebounding.

11. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Arizona I don't know what your talking about Tim Thomas being tough. Wasn't he nicknamed fugazy in the Nets series? But yea whenever someone has words with another player then proceeds to a pucker up and blow a kiss to that player is not tough. Also, Thomas is a bastard by all means for what he did this season, he's a contract whore that will get money for basically standing on the 3 point line and hitting threes. He will sulk it up next year and cash in, and be the mediocre player that he's always been before his stint with the Suns. On the game, I only ended up watching it til the end of the 3rd, when the power went out at our house because of the bad eastern storms that have hit us. Missed the rest of the game and missed the ending to Ultimate Fighter. I was pretty pissed off. But we won and Matt Hamill won, so it's all good.

12. ASUFan22

Aww, that's too bad man. I'd be pissed too. Tim Thomas actually said he'd take a lot less money to sign with us because he thinks he fits in here so lets see what happens in the off-season. Yes, Tim Thomas really wanted to kiss Dirk. :rollseyes: :P

13. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

I still want to know what Tim Thomas meant by saying "I could go back if I got punked by a guy like him".My first thought was, oh hell no, that dude just said he can't be roughed up by either A. a white guyB. a germanorC. a fan of David HasselhoffThen I just laughed...the guy was all smug and everything, even though HE can be accused of setting Dirk off.How are you going to blow a man a kiss...saying he's soft, and then allow him to school you inside and out, and be way more physical than him.That's the bad thing...Dirk just didn't outscore Thomas by 24, he outmuscled, out worked, and strait up punked Thomas for most of the game.Oh sure Thomas hit some 3's...but it didn't help anything.

14. ASUFan22

I think Thomas was reffering to something Dirk did in the middle of the game. Go find the column Scott Bordow wrote today. I read it today but I forgot what he was talking about, lol.eastvalleytribune.com

15. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I guess we'll see if Tim Thomas does indeed resign with the Suns. I'll say 50/50 because Suns shouldn't spend the MLE on him and that's what he'll be looking for. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, Tim Thomas really wanted to kiss Dirk. :rollseyes: :P</div> I didn't say that, I said he blew a kiss to Dirk and he basically did. You can't deny that. For such a role player he does a lot of crap that comes off arrogant and cocky. This you can't see me stuff is as funny as the handjob three Rocket role players did after every 3. Hopefully like last year we shut up those stupid gestures.

16. ASUFan22

Hey, I liked what he did and he ended up having his best game of the playoffs. Too bad Dirk did the same. [​IMG]

17. ASUFan22

Okay, so Marion isn't suspended so that's good and D'Antoni said Cuban was dumb for sending in that video, not his exact words. And he said the league has better things to do. I'd find you the exact quote, but I am lazy.

18. jHo

jHo BBW Member

^Who cares. Mavs will win it tonight. Mark my words. Then, NBA Finals:Mavs in 6, again.

19. ASUFan22

Words marked.

20. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

Hey, I'M the official "MAVS IN 6" guy around here.