Phoenix Suns vs. Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by jkidd51524, May 23, 2006.

1. melo

melo Magic

The lakers are choke jobs. But does that mean i cannot say the suns pulled a choke job?

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Sure you can, I'm sorry. Freedom of speech is your right after all. I should be nice to you, you are one of the smarter Lakers fans I know and that's rare. :wink:

3. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArizonaFan @ Jun 4 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sure you can, I'm sorry. Freedom of speech is your right after all. I should be nice to you, you are one of the smarter Lakers fans I know and that's rare. :wink:</div>The sarcasm needs to be droppedAnd on a serious note, congratulations to suns for taking the mavs to 6 without their two big men. I don't know how a team with 5 people under 6-9 got the wcf.

4. ASUFan22

I'm sorry lol. I do it too much, but you're cool. [​IMG]

5. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

I predicted right!...WOO!Dallas and Miami...Dallas watch out.

6. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I think I made most of my comments about this great win in the Heat/Mavs thread. But I wanted to point out Steve Nash still has troubles with tall guards as seen in the past 2 games. Howard has the Pippen like quality and what you know, Nash had trouble against Pippen when the Blazers made their comeback during the first round in 03'. Also, wanted to say I disagree with mavsfan on Harris being a key guy over some Suns that had foul trouble, he struggled this series and with both him and Terry on the floor, played more advantage to the Suns. We should have started Griff for the series and even Avery said they started Harris because of the momentum he had from the Spurs series. Time to bench Harris and bring him off the bench against the Heat. I think it would be more beneficial. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dallas in the Finals!!

7. ballorama

ballorama BBW Member

Mavs will win it all [​IMG]

8. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melo_061 @ Jun 3 2006, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know how a team with 5 people under 6-9 got the wcf.</div>Dallas was seeded 4th, while Phoenix was seeded 2nd. That's why.

9. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

^That's a pretty good explenation there, lol.This performance was just amazing...it seemed like the Mavs couldn't get a shot to fall, and the Suns were on fire.But they chipped away at the lead, and coming back from 15 down in the middle of th 3rd, as good as the Suns were playing, is quite an accomplisment.I think the game hero was Adrian Griffin, for coming in and guarding everyone he possibly could, with consideration to Josh and his 20 and 15 game, plus his defense on Nash in the late stages of the game.

10. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 4 2006, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dallas was seeded 4th, while Phoenix was seeded 2nd. That's why.</div>Were you trying to be funny?

11. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Yeah Griffin definitely outplayed Harris in this series. Mainly because of the switching in the pick and roll which allowed less of a mismatch of Howard on Diaw instead of Harris. The suns did a good job in not allowing driving lanes for Harris unlike San Antonio. The irony. lol Also Harris sped up the game which works in Phoenix's favor.

12. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 3 2006, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dallas was seeded 4th, while Phoenix was seeded 2nd. That's why.</div>I give Dallas a lot of credit for this win but when people say this it really annoys me. Take away Dirk for the whole year and take away one of your centers for 3 weeks and the playoffs and see how far you guys could have gotten. And you know what, if you got far enough to play the Suns, you'd also have an injured Terry. :dunno:

13. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melo_061 @ Jun 4 2006, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Were you trying to be funny?</div>No... you acted like it was amazing that the Suns made it, and I merely was saying that if they played SA in round two, things might have been different.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArizonaFan @ Jun 4 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I give Dallas a lot of credit for this win but when people say this it really annoys me. Take away Dirk for the whole year and take away one of your centers for 3 weeks and the playoffs and see how far you guys could have gotten. And you know what, if you got far enough to play the Suns, you'd also have an injured Terry. :dunno:</div>I don't think Stoudemire would be the equivalent to Dirk. Howard would be a more accurate comparison in my opinion. Anyway, I wasn't criticizing what the Suns did. I'm just explaining that there's a reason that Phoenix made it and San Antonio didn't. Hell, Phoenix could have beaten SA maybe, I don't know. I just don't think they would have. One of my friends who is a Suns fan actually told me he'd rather face the Spurs than the Clippers. I thought that was kinda absurd, but whatever.

14. ASUFan22

Stoudemire could have been better but now we don't know and he might never be after those knee surgeries. He could score like crazy and was our PF, like Dirk. Without him and Thomas our team was extremely small. That's just why I compared the two. Stoudemire was a superstar and Howard is a borderline all-star that's a small forward. That's not a good comparison. Enjoy the championship though. I don't think the Heat stand a chance.

15. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I was referring to how meaningful they are to the team, not what position they play. Dirk getting taken out would be closer to Nash getting taken out, in my opinion. Dirk getting injured would mean the Mavs go out first round, same for Nash and the Suns.

16. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Josh Howard and Shawn Marion are better comparisons. I would have to say that Amare means more to the suns than Josh Howard to the Mavs.

17. ASUFan22

Hmm, now I understand Justice. I can make some more comparisons, but it would just be a waste of time now that the Suns are done. I just wish they'd get more respect.

18. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Jun 4 2006, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Josh Howard and Shawn Marion are better comparisons. I would have to say that Amare means more to the suns than Josh Howard to the Mavs.</div>You're right, I just can't make a perfect comparison... I'm just thinking along the lines of the Mavs' #2 and the Suns' #2. The Mavs' #2 and #3 (and possibly even #4) men are probably nearly the same, whereas the Suns' #2 and #3 are probably a bit distanced in importance. But you get the idea, the Suns won't completely fall apart without Amare, so I don't think it's fair to compare him to Dirk.Phoenix will be great next year, I wouldn't worry about getting respect, ArizonaFan.

19. ASUFan22

I heard Jack McCallum is writing a book on this team. [​IMG] He followed them the whole year, you guys may remember an article he wrote at the beggining of the season when he coached one team in our scrimmage.

20. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

I do think comparing the loss of Amare and the loss of Dirk is completely different...I agree with Justice that saying the loss of Nash would be more comparable to the loss of Dirk.I do think the Suns get tons of respect, possibly even more than the Mavs nationally.Remember, the Mavs played the Suns type of ball, but were better shooters, and less of a dunking team, but still the same type of ball, and had Steve Nash, and were always a laughed at team, the Suns have never been laughed at, so I think they get enough respect.