Phoenix Suns VS Los Angeles Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

It was, he probably shouldn't have gotten him around the neck but Walton's throw down of TT was also intentional and TT was in the air. Walton wasn't going for the ball. This could turn out good or horrible for us so we'l just have to see.

2. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

Raja's foul was intentional and he might be suspended

3. MagicBryant32

MagicBryant32 BBW Member

Kobe played very well and shot a high%.Smush Parker just didn\'t bring it tonight. He wasnt playing with the same intensity he has been games 1-4.I dont see how any team can win when there starting point guard finishes the game with 5 points and 0 assists. Our bench other than Cook and Ronnie decided to take a day off also. Jackson 0 points. Sasha had 0 points,0 assists, 0 rebounds. George had 5 points but all of them came in garbage time when the Lakers already lost.

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I don't know how this can turn out good for you Arizona, when your best defender might get suspended for one of the dumbest moves ever. I mean seriously what was the point of that? Not only was it a dumb foul, it's a foul that will likely get him suspended from the next game. And it's playoff time, with elimination on the verge. :no3: I think Raja just booked Lakers to the 2nd round.

5. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Yeah that might get him suspended and he goes overboard too much on the court. He was giving Dirk a hard time the last time the suns played the mavs. Stupid move.

6. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Now when the Lakers do win people will say it is because Bell got suspended [​IMG]

7. mavsfan1000

Not entirely. Also the foul not called on Luke Walton along with many other times the refs were bad in this series.

8. ASUFan22

Good, just because of the experience some players get but also, you know that Phil and Kobe are asking for Raja to come back? Might be because with Raja back the crazier the fans will be and the more motivated Kobe will be. Why did he have to grab the neck though? There are other ways to get hard fouls.Also, it could be good because we do have a nice bench, if they start playing their game and we pull out a victory here we have the series won with Raja coming back and us going back home.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 3 2006, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not entirely. Also the foul not called on Luke Walton along with many other times the refs were bad in this series.</div>What's funny is that they were also calling a time out AND Walton was stepping out of bounds when he tied Nash up and there were two refs there. I'll try to give the Lakers credit though if they win in the end. :dunno:

9. pistonz4life

pistonz4life BBW Elite Member

Game 6 is a must-win for the Lakers. If they don't then they have to go back to a hostile environment in Pheonix. GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!

10. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Bell suspended one game for takedown of BryantThe Phoenix Suns forced a Game 6 with the Lakers, but Raja Bell won't be on the court for them in Los Angeles on Thursday.Bell was suspended for throwing Kobe Bryant to the floor in Tuesday night's game. He was hit with his second technical foul with 7:33 left in the game for the takedown and was ejected.The Arizona Republic reported that Suns executive Jerry Colangelo called Stu Jackson as soon as the game ended to get a dialogue started with the NBA's top disciplinarian."We don't believe this was an isolated incident or play," Colangelo told the newspaper. "There were a number of things that led up to that flagrant foul. Things that have happened the whole series. A lot of elbows. It's been a very physical matchup between Raja and Kobe. I think Raja was pretty explicit. He lost his head. He overreacted, but a lot of things led to it."Bell and Bryant also had been called for a double-technical in the second quarter."It's been a pretty physical series, and at that point in time I had caught another elbow in the jaw and I lost my head and overreacted to it," Bell said. "It could have cost my team and for that I'm sorry."After Bell threw Bryant down, he pointed to the Lakers' bench and yelled, "That's your foul.""It's a physical game," Bryant said. "I'm not trying to go out there and elbow somebody, that's not the way I play. If you get elbowed, you still have to keep your cool. I get elbowed all the time."Steve Nash said Bell's foul was no worse than some the Lakers committed earlier in the series, so he didn't believe a suspension was warranted."They're going to single one out because it's on Kobe? To me that's a shame," Nash said."There were a couple of elbows thrown," The Suns' Boris Diaw said. "I saw Raja on the floor twice before he got ejected. Raja got hit many times. It probably was frustration."</div>Link

11. mavsfan1000

It's a shame Bell will miss game 6. It might cost the suns the series.

12. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

That has to be the stupidest he could make. Now I see the Lakers finishing the deal in game 6

13. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

Damnit, I think a worse punishment would be facing the amazingly juiced STAPLES center crowd and a Laker team looking for revenge.

14. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 4 2006, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's a shame Bell will miss game 6. It might cost the suns the series.</div>I personally wanted raja there so he could get booed everytime he touched the ball.

15. mavsfan1000

If you thought the suns were a bad defensive team with Bell than wait till they are without him. I see the lakers scoring 110+ points tonight.

16. ASUFan22

Hah, we are without our 2 most important defenders now, Raja and Kurt.

17. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

If LA wants to see the 2nd round, tonight's win is a must. lakers are scaring me. In the paper, Odom said all the pressure is on the Suns because they are down 2-3 and are the #2 seed. That is the wrong attitude. I know Kobe is gonna be in kill mode, but I really hope Kwame, Odom and the rest are.

18. pistonz4life

pistonz4life BBW Elite Member

I can't wait for the game tonight. I got the Lakers winning this one, but it will be interesting to see how they do if it does in fact go into a Game-7, playing back in Pheonix.

19. ASUFan22

Games like this can't be good for my health, lol.

20. ASUFan22

Oh my god, I can't believe it! We did it without Raja or Kurt in LA, wow! Time for game 7. This has been an amazing series. Both teams have just been...wow... How clutch was Tim Thomas? Wow...