Phoenix Working On Diaw Extension

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by NJNetz, Aug 3, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">After signing guard Leandro Barbosa to a contract extension Thursday, the Suns are now trying to work out a similar extension with Boris Diaw, who was voted the NBA Most Improved Player last season.

Sources say the two sides are not close to a deal at this time</div>
    Source

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I think he deserves quite a hefty chunk of change, he's a great player and his versatility is unmatched these days. Some games he reminds me of scottie pippen, yes I said it. I think he'll wait a bit longer before he signs.

3. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

5 Years 45/47 Million is what I see him getting. That's Caron Butler, Bobby Simmons money.

4. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

As long as Nash is around, this guy should only get better and better. Smart signing.

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Soft Parade:</div><div class="quote_post">As long as Nash is around, this guy should only get better and better. Smart signing.</div>

Regardless if he plays with Nash or not, Diaw is a very intelligent basketball player and will get better with or without him. He fared well in the games without him, and showed he can play as a point-forward type player when Nash is on the floor.

6. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting P.A.P.:</div><div class="quote_post">5 Years 45/47 Million is what I see him getting. That's Caron Butler, Bobby Simmons money.</div>

That's also around the amount of money/years that came to my mind.

7. Flashback

Flashback JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I think that's fair... seeing how some people make way more than that to barely contribute.

8. babybulls

babybulls JBB JustBBall Member

I can't see the suns going as high as 9+ million a year, i honestly think they'll get him at a discount

Also... bobby simmons was most improved player a year ago but I think a lot of people realized the Bucks overpaid for him

9. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting babybulls:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't see the suns going as high as 9+ million a year, i honestly think they'll get him at a discount

Also... bobby simmons was most improved player a year ago but I think a lot of people realized the Bucks overpaid for him</div>

Agreed, but Simmons wasn't as significantly and notably improved as Diaw was. Diaw has a lot of work to do, but he'll get there.

I still agree that, yes, they aren't going to give him 9+ a season, based on one year's performance.