Pistons 2006/2007

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by 1331, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Becar

Becar BBW Member

You know, I said before the season that I thought the Pistons are a better team this year than they were last year. I still believe this to be true. This team is like a family. When we lost Ben, we lost a part of the family. If any of you have ever lost a loved one, then you know what Im talking about. When we lose a loved one, it only shows us how strong we really are. If it is a strong one, everyone in the family, in turn, gets stronger and takes on more of a role. Only the Pistons have made some key additions to the family. And some of the younger members (Delfino, Maxiel, even Flip) have the desire to step up. Once the family accepts each others role, the family is often stonger than it was before.

2. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

The Pistons' game just ended and the boys won 97-87 and the 3 all stars along w/ Prince all did a senstaional game for their 3rd straight victory. Hopefully that this winning streak is a sign that the Pistons are finnaly starting to gel after a rough start. A few things I think Flip needs to play JMax more so he could get more experience, I have no idea why he is playing Dale Davis more? Flip Murray to me seems like he is struggling, he is suppose to be the Pistons spark plug off the bench but I haven't seen it yet. Nazr apparently is upset over playing time, Delfino hasn't been consistent to get minutes he was promised. These are easy correctable things but hopefully Flip can make the Pistons gel together and start being the Pistons of old. HoLLa baCk

3. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

I like what I am seeing from the Pistons. We are playing some great ball right now, and the big four are leading the way. Rasheed has been playing very well, showing that he can play at the caliber that I always knew he could. Rip seems to be getting banged up too much. The rest of the team is contributing too, and I don't like to hear about Nazr complaining about playing time. Hopefully we keep up winning on this 4 games in 5 nights we have right now.

4. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

Well the winning streak is over and to all the teams the Pistons could lose to the Bobcats. I mean I know the winning streak couldn't go on forever but turnovers and foul trouble killed the winning streak. I know it is only 1 loss but today just sucked, the Lions had the Pats but penalties and turnovers killed them too.I do believe the Pistons are still missing a piece if they want to make a serious run in the east. I think if we can find a 4 or 5 which would put Nazr on the bench(which I think he is better suited for) and move Sheed to either or and find a 2/3 like a Rick Davis then it will definitely put the Pistons in major contention. HoLLa baCk

5. Pistonfan11

Tough loss to the Bobcats. I didn't get a chance to see the game, but looking at the box score it is obvious that we were careless with the ball. I am not too satified with Nazr so far this season too, we might need to make a move sometime soon.

6. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

sorry, pal, but the Lions never even had a chance against the Pats, lead or not, we all know that they were going to slip up, and the patriots arent going to let the lions rip one off of them at home....as for last nights game, we couldnt make a shot in the second half and sheed was the only productive player really for us,and for the NYK game, Tayshaun, Chauncey, and Rip were great.we just let NY get too many chances to stay in the game.I think the Knicks are a good team at times, even when they lose, they always try hard(minus,stephon marbury and stevie franchise) and they just need to rebuild a bit more, there really isnt any great teams in the east anymore, not even miami or detroit, they're really good teams, but not guaranteed kings of the conference.but I think detroit can improve alot more this season.

7. Stones

Stones BBW Member

First we lose the the Bobcats, now the Blazers. :no1: I couldn't watch the game, but looking at the box score, Rip continued to play well, but Zach Randolph just dominated us with 31 and 13. Once again, we were out-rebounded, this time 46-35. Can anyone who watched the game give a more complete analysis?

8. Pistonfan11

Our team is a little out of sync for the last couple games. We need to get some fire in our bellies for the Mavericks tommorrow night.

9. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I didn't watch the entire game, but the Blazers/Pistons game was pretty good. Sure, we didn't come out ahead, but it was a good game.

10. Pistonfan11

Alright. Tonight is a biggie. We need to be on top of our game to win tonight, and IMO it is a must win. We need a morale booster, and we need to prove ourselves against agrgueably the best team in the NBA right now. Lets go Pistons!!!

11. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Great game and a big win tonight. I thougth we had a great passing game. I don't mean in terms of assists, but at any point in the possession it seemed like guys were always making the right pass. We got alot of good shots, and alot of that can be credited to Dallas's complacent defense, but we also played great basketball (specifically in the first half). We hit the boards hard. McDyess played great and Murray played smart. MOst of the things that have to happen in the Playoffs to make a run, happened tonight. Huge win.

12. Pistonfan11

We played very well tonight. Dallas played TERRIBLE defense on Rasheed, leaving him open to knock down threes. Chauncey had a nice game on offense, but the five steals were the difference; and two of them were at points in the game where we needed them. Sometimes after a big win we take it easy the next night, that won't cut it with the Magic. We need the same intensity and play from our bench that we got tonight, and we can start to gain some ground in for the top spot in the East.