Pistons Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by SunnyD, Jun 29, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

15. G Rodney Stuckey27. G Arron Afflalo57. G Sammy MejiaI don't think we needed three combo guards, and Nick Young would have been a much better fit than Rodney Stuckey, but I'm not a dissapointed fan.

2. Stones

Stones BBW Member

Overall, a nice draft. I liked the Stuckey pick, even if Nick Young was available. The Afflalo pick was alright, I wanted Marcus Williams more. Splitter also could have been a good pick at 27. Both of our first rounders are ready to contribute right away, which is exactly what Joe wanted. The second rounder I'm not so sure about. I was hoping to either trade the pick, or draft a Euro who could develop their game overseas for a year or two. With three guards being taken, this means that a trade is definitely coming. Could it also mean Acker isn't coming over this year, after all?

3. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

I was a big fan of Afflalo in college. How will he fit with the Pistons?

4. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

I was hoping Detroit would move up in the 2nd and take fazekas or McRoberts and then give up the 54th pick but it never happened. I wish Marco B would have fell to 27th but he didn't...

5. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

Since Stuckey is a combo guard, as I said hopefully Billups can be re-signed and tutor him to be the point guard of the future. I think the Pistons are hoping he can run the point more than the 2 and that is why they drafted Afflalo at #27. It seems that they are banking on Afflalo to be Rip's backup and to have a better impact than Delfino. There are still ??'s to be answered at the 5, but I think Sheed will stick around one more season and his contract will be attractive to some team looking for a veteran w/ 1 year left. I can't wait for the season to start, to see some of these young guys get some minutes. HoLLa baCk

6. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

This draft was a huge disappointment in my opinion. Joe D atleast needed to make a move just to change around position. I have no problem with them drafting Stuckey, especially since everyone was fine with him being drafted until nick young fell. I really think that Joe D didn't have the stones to go away from the guy he looked at for so long.I have huge problems with the Afflafalalflfo pick. We let Derrick Byars far right past us. If we are going to pick similar players, why not pick Derrick Byars who atleast played against some decent talent and didn't stink up the gym in big games like Arron.

7. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

I actually was very happy at the time with both of the Pistons picks but that's if I were to ignore the talent that was still on the board when they drafted Afflalo & Stuckey then I wouldn't be as happy if I were a pistons fan, you guys may not think a whole lot of Stuckey or Afflalo but I really do think there perfect fits for the type of team the Pistons have set up, these guys arn't the type of guys to cause trouble or F*ck anything up when playing, I just thought it was perfect for Detriot basketball at the time but I may be wrong, im still going to stick to trusting that Dumars is knowing what he's doing here, because in the past he has and it's paid off.

8. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

I'd be fine if Stuckey was our guy, and would have been if Nick Young wouldn't have fallen. My major beef with Joe D is that he seems unwilling to make moves around the draft. He seems going into the draft his picks are completely set in concrete. sh*t, what if Thornton fell to us, would he have budged off of Stuckey? I'm just begging for Joe to show a little creativity for once.