Pistons Mistake

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by SwishDaddy34, May 23, 2003.

1. SwishDaddy34

SwishDaddy34 JBB JustBBall Member

The Pistons would make a bad choice if they draft darko the better draft carmello anthony carmello will be awesome we dont even no if he will be good as anthony

2. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

this has been discused in like 2 or 3 other threads, its already been confirmed by Joe Dumars in an interview that the Pistons will draft Darko if hes available (which he will be because its obvious cleveland will take bron).

3. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

joe dumars already sayed his pickin darko i know it is a mistake but darko as Center and wallace as PF does sound scary in a few years.... not next year but in 2 or 3 years

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Why would it be a mistake? how do we know anthony will be better than darko? melo hasn't played pro ball yet..darko has....and at 17 years old!! there won't be many players like darko in the future...no one will have his skills at that size....he is said to be the best 17 year old big man EVER!! he will be a superstar....there aren't many big man like him around the league...there are loads of SF around...anthony has scoring..darko can score..post up..rebound block..he could dominate the league in a few years and lead detroit to a title

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

the best player darko has played against is bench warmer pat burke

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

what are you on? darko plays against top european players..that are PRO's...anthony has played against boys...and lebron kids....both have not played against anything darko has...

7. Kid Canada

pat burke is the best player he has faced there are clloege players better than him

8. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">what are you on? darko plays against top european players..that are PRO's...anthony has played against boys...and lebron kids....both have not played against anything darko has...</div>

i agre with the james part but keep in mind that most players in europe are all finese players, one you come to the u.s you have to face guys like shaq,duncan, and players that use there bodys instead of just taking the open jumper.... i was recently doing reasearch on a yugosavian play nened kirstic who was drafted by the nets last year, this guy is 6'11 and weighs 204-210 and im afraid most players in europe are like that... i wanna see darko against bigger players then that will change my mind but i do belive darko has the ability to learn fast and become a proven center in the leage in 2 to 3 years

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

No he isn't....what the hell makes you think this? the league he is playing in is in EUROPE!!! the top players play in..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">there are clloege players better than him</div>

College players better than darko or burke? you better mean burke...

10. Kid Canada

burke, melo is better than darko right now but i dont think he will be in 3 years though

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Melo is a great scorer....and would likely produce straight away...darko will be better in the end as he is a big man..that can do everything....

12. Kid Canada

i agree allnet

13. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

darcos good but dontt expect him to be a superstar. he will get bullied by the tougher centers and stolen on by the powerforwards. He'll be a solid defensive presence and will hit long shots when left open. Hell be a few steps above a walter mccarty or mehmet okur

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I do expect him to be a superstar...he has all the moves to score..rebound and block alot of shots...he can hit the three and is a very good defender..the guy is going to be a great player..

he will get bullied by the tougher centers ? is this a joke? ...there are hardly any centers around anymore...darko measures up as 7'2 265 on thursday at 17 years old!!..he did a Jordan dunk from the FT line in the pistons practise...AT 7'2!!! he did a dunk from the foul line..

15. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

They cant keep playing Wallace at C, they need to drop him down at the PF position. I'm a Darko fan now, and I hope the get him. He sohuld add some scoring to there offense.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

People always consider ben a Center....but he actually has played PF all season...cliff playing the 5 spot