Pistons through to eastern conference finals!!

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, May 16, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

we were 3-1 down..until billups started to play...nets hardly had it easy against bucks either..thats series could of gone either way

so i don't see your point here..you have made no points why nets should win this series easy..pistons are a 1st seed....that has great defence and a rising scorer in prince..

2. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

I think the nets will win because Kenyon Martin has been excellent in these playoffs. Jason Kidd's experience in the back court, and the aggressive play of Kmart and RJ. The big weakness is against Ben Wallace, but if Kenyon matches up against him, them being two very athletic players, should have a tough time against each other (ben with the edge).

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Both teams are very even matched..infact nets match-up badly with us..i'm not saying nets won't win..just that it will not be an easy series..it will be close...like our was with philly....

we have owned NJ the last two years..and even won the season series this year....so i like our chances

4. jbbFranchise

Matchups

PG-Jason Kidd/ Chauncy Billups--better=Jkidd
    SG-Kerry Kittles/ Rip--better=Rip
    SF-Richard Jefferson/Michael Curry--better=RJ
    PF-Kenyon Martin/Clifford Robinson--better=Equal All around, Kenyon defensively
    C-Jason Collins, Mutumbo/Ben--better=Ben

yeah, i thought quickley on the nets in 5, i say itll go to 7 games. Nets in 7, but not easily...

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

As i said it wouldn't be a surprise to see nets win but it will be a tight series..whatever happens it has been a great season...and it will get even better next year..as we have a top 5 pick 8) ..we also have cap room...we will rule the east for years to come..

6. jbbFranchise

yep probably. nets will be close by in the east if they keep Jason Kidd, but if they dont they wont even make the playoffs.