Plan B: If LMA bolts

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Apr 26, 2015.

1. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Perhaps my response came across as a little crass, it didn't mean for it to. I think Wes is really good and on this board said that he was who I was most scared of when looking at a potential matchup with Portland. I don't think the comparison to Klay is a great one because maybe I'm a homer but I think Klay is much better. That being said, yes, if Klay went down I do not think that should ruin the Warriors chances. While he is not as talented, Barbosa or Igoudala can do enough of the thinks Klay does to get by. I made sure to mention Lopez as irreplacable though becuase I think that if Bogut were to go down the W's season is done. You just can't find a serviceable 7 footer with muscle but I do think you can easily get a competent replacement 2 guard. And I know, you backup went down as well. The part I think is tougher to replace is his D but you weren't really counting on much on the defensive end this series anyway.

2. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

My intent wasn't to compare Weslesy and Klay, just their easily replaceable positions, which I'll just agree to disagree with. But, as pointed out, the backup going down as well was another big blow.

3. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Anderson and three guys that will be 20+ firsts is nothing when you're getting a guy like Aldridge.

Either way, I don't see any teams out there that would offer Aldridge a better chance to win than Portland.

4. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

Plan B would be to punt. Nic comes off contract after next summer, we likely would be adding a lotto guy, and we would have to be offering QO to Dame and Meyers.... Even after offering them we should have 60ish mill to spend on the Free agent market.

5. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

It's considered a shallow position because everyone is just about the same. I'd bet there are more that a few D-League SGs who are also at that same talent level. You are right that there are many good PGs right now but if you had to go out and find another, I think that is much more difficult, you will end up with a playmaker who cannot shoot at all or an undersized 2, I don't think you can find someone to compete at the same level as other playoff PGs.

As far as him being the heart of the team, you are right in that you can't replace that but in the short run other guys can step up. A "Win one for Wes" type of thing. You'd miss his D but is it really that important against Tony Allen

6. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Yes it is, because Wes was a main part of our offense

We also are trying to give afflalo a crash course of our team sets without a proper training camp. Afflalo will surprise people after a training camp to learn everything.

But Wes is extremely important to our team. I think the way we have played I'd argue he might even be our second most important player, definitely our third.

Unfortunately, when batum was out, we barely missed a beat. Can't say the same for wes.

magnifier661, BlazerCaravan and RR7 like this.
  7. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Let's look at the spurs last 4 1st round picks... Kyle Anderson, livio jean-charles, Cory Joseph and James Anderson. I don't know how they won Championships without them.

8. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

If LA bolts he's stupid, I don't think LA's stupid.

BBert likes this.
  9. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    MyLo = PFOTF

BlazerCaravan and blue9 like this.
  10. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    No wondering you haven't been very active around here lately. You've been an adamant CJ and Meyers hater for a while now.

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  11. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    If LA Bolts, the Blazers tank and the Timbers become the main game in town. It just wouldn't get,any better.

12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

LA would be nuts to leave now. Look at how mccollum and Leonard are developing. The bench will be a strength next year. Nevermind that we can pay him more than anyone else. I know he's from Texas but the mavs will always be dirks team and the spurs will always be Duncan's. We know that kind of stuff matters to Aldridge. This team is so close. Leaving now makes no sense.

Orion Bailey, BBert and HailBlazers like this.
  13. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

If he elects to leave, more than likely that's a sign it doesn't.

Think of it, up until the start of the last year, who thought he was an alpha and omega?

14. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

LaMarcus seriously needs stop pretending that he's Dirk Nowitski. He does a TERRIBLE impersonation of Dirk. LA has the same skillset as Tim Duncan, and the Blazers would be much better off if he played like Duncan. Duncan will put up a jumper if left open, but he doesn't just force up crap. You've never seen Duncan shoot under 35% in a playoff series.

15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The biggest difference between LA and Duncan is defense. Over the years Aldridge has become a real force on the offensive end, and his rebounding has drastically improved, but his defense is still rather average. Duncan is a great defender. It's sad because LA has the length to be a really good player on defense.

magnifier661 likes this.
  16. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Green is most certainly going to be paid as a max guy. Obviously he's not an mvp level max player but he's a quality starter and to get one of those players takes the max. Josh smith Gordon Hayward and chandler parsons got the max. There is no chance the Warriors let him walk though. They will be looking to trade iggy and or David lee; or just pay some tax for one year.

17. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Not only that; we should consider trading Lillard. We could get a boatload in return, he provides nothing on defense, and CJ can replace much of what we need on offense.

And it was very different from you "suggesting" we should trade him. You two guaranfuckingteed he was leaving two years ago and all of us who didn't want to trade him for the Anthony Bennett pick were idiot homers. Well the team turned into a contender and we had a great chance at competing. It's fallen apart with Wes injury but it's the most fun I had rooting for the Blazers in 15 years so I have zero regrets.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Lillard is an RFA. It's virtually impossible for him to leave. I love the hyperbole, but there's still a very real chance that he leaves this summer and we get zero in return.

19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

And he's demonstrated that in this series against Zach. I think we'll see more of this next year. Despite being almost 30, I believe that his game is not done growing.

magnifier661 and riverman like this.
  20. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Sure there's a chance. But there's a chance he stays, there was a chance we could've contended this year before the Wes injury. You two guaranfuckingteed Aldridge was leaving and belittled anyone who disagreed. You were wrong then regardless of what happens this summer.