Players You Miss Watching And Are Now Forgotten

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Karma, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I loved Arvydas Sabonis`s game.

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Oh, and I almost forgot one .. Toni Kukoč .. when he played for Chicago.

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Arvydas Sabonis and Jamal Mashburn. Not sure if Mashburn is forgotten, but I don't think people remember how good he was.

4. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    A lot of members on this forum didn't even watch the NBA when guys like Mashburn, Ceballos and many others listed here were at their peak of performance or even playing at all. I really miss CC23. Reads like a Russian pistol.

5. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Jerome Kersey and Mario Elie as well.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Arvydas Sabonis and Jamal Mashburn. Not sure if Mashburn is forgotten, but I don't think people remember how good he was.</div>

I for one forgot about Mashburn. He used to be a 20 point scorer, but injuries really hurt his career. I still remember the patented fadeaway.

7. TruePG11

TruePG11 JBB JustBBall Member

hahaha i saw vlade on that list!

8. tycoon21

tycoon21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Downtown Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The player I miss the most is Kevin Johnson. The dude was a beast, putting up great numbers before during and after Charles Barkley was with the Suns. If it weren't for a long string of leg injuries, this guy was destined for the Hall of Fame.</div>

too bad you don't live in sacramento because i see him all the time he owns a high school here. i kno that has nothing to do with this thread so i'll post my list now

Grant Hill
    Shawn Kemp
    Mich Richmond
    Nick Van Exel
    Eddie Jones (when he was on the lakers)
    Tom Chambers

9. jbbDowntown

jbbDowntown JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">tycoon21 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">too bad you don't live in sacramento because i see him all the time he owns a high school here.
    </div>
    Yeah, I know he's big in the Sacramento community. I wish he would do more around here though. The Valley misses him.

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">IMO, Kevin Johnson was better than Steve Nash.</div>
    I agree MrJ. Nash is great and exciting, but doesn't have the talent that KJ had. He was dropping 12 assists and scoring 20+ per game in a much much more physical league, all the while dunking on people, and outrunning everybody.

10. djdiggydiggy

djdiggydiggy JBB JustBBall Member

Definitely miss the free throw line extended jumper from KJ. It was devastating. His change of pace and court vision were amazing during his time, and his quick hands made it awful to play against him offensively and defensively...

People keep forgetting that Kemp was a freakin' beast!!! "Rain Man!!!" How he had the energy to play the way he did while fathering some 100,000 kids, we'll never know...

Gotta miss Mase if not only for the badass haircuts...

Chris Mullen made some of the sickest passes around, and his mid-range game was top-notch too...he wouldn't kill you with dunks, or so many threes, but he'll 18-footer you to death...

Drazen Petrovic...what a shooter coming off the screens...once again, great mid-range game that is lacking so much in the league right now...

Jeff Hornacek and John Stockton... straight HUSTLERS... looking at these two, you'd never guess that your mailman and the paper delivery guy had such game!!! Not only that, but these fools would throw an extra elbow or ten out there, and then hit you with jumpers from everywhere on the court...

I miss Penny too, but man, his ego was outta control far, far too often... similar to a younger version of Kobe...

"Thunder Dan" was crazy... all hustle to his game and he made you wanna watch a guy give 110% for a whole game...

Monster Mash and Jimmy Jackson were pretty respectable in their time too... Jimmy was the second best two guard in the league for a few years with a post-up game that was unstoppable because of his amazing strength, and Mash would just drive you to the hole and put you in a freakin' blender, spinnin', twistin', dunkin' on you for a solid 20+ a night...

Gotta love Detlef's game too... as a kid, I thought his last name was "Shrimp"...

As a Mavs fan, I miss seeing Roy Tarpley post up without gettin' coked up, and I miss George McCloud (who?!?) jacking up threes from the 90s...

I think everyone misses Shawn Bradley, because who's gonna be in all the posters now???