Players

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Ghost, May 31, 2003.

1. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Gerold Wallace,Dooling,Bradley,Mikki Moore could all be possibilitys.

2. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Raptors21:</div><div class="quote_post">Gerold Wallace,Dooling,Bradley,Mikki Moore could all be possibilitys.</div>

Dooling is someone I thought about as well...........

Wallace however will be protected. My guess is Sacramento will protect Webber, Miller, Stojakovic, Bibby, Jackson, Wallace, 2004 1st rounder, and ???

Christie, Divac, Funderburke- will be exposed.

Reason being, Christie and Divac are high paid veterans. Something Charlotte wont want. Charlotte will look for young players to build around. Aging, high paid vets are the opposite of what Charlotte will take, so exposing them is little to no risk.

Exposing Wallace would be a huge risk, as Charlotte would probably take him.

Clippers will protect Brand, Odom, Kaman, Richardson, Maggette, Jaric, 2004 1st, Wilcox

That would leave Ely and Dooling unprotected. My guess is Charlotte would take both of the, giving them a C/PF and a PG.

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Vintage isnt the NBA Expansion draft like the NFL one in the way that wants someone picks a player off of a certain team, that team has the option of removing x number of players from the list of players that can be drafted by the expansion team?

The expansion draft will be a fun time. I liked it when Houston had their's in football. This will be an exciting time for fans.

4. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">Vintage isnt the NBA Expansion draft like the NFL one in the way that wants someone picks a player off of a certain team, that team has the option of removing x number of players from the list of players that can be drafted by the expansion team?

The expansion draft will be a fun time. I liked it when Houston had their's in football. This will be an exciting time for fans.</div>

I don't think so...............but I am not positive. If they dont, the Clippers stand to lose the most.

Most likely, both Dooling and Ely would be left unprotected, and Charlotte could walk away with a starting PG and PF/C as a result.

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think so...............but I am not positive. If they dont, the Clippers stand to lose the most.

Most likely, both Dooling and Ely would be left unprotected, and Charlotte could walk away with a starting PG and PF/C as a result.</div>

Oh I agree if the Bobcats can, they will snatch both Dooling and Ely. I was wondering about the rule that I mentioned above because if there is a rule like that in the NBA then the Clippers could still protect which ever one the Bobcats dont choose.