Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by RangersFan, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

That sucks i was pulling for StL but they just were too slow and didn't have the offense. Hopefully if they play the Ducks they beat them. They look like the team to beat overall top to bottom. I think when you factor in Rinne they're better than Pitt.

2. Ranger71

The Oil off and running early.

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Oilers come out on fire, up 3-0 only 10 minutes in. We know leads are never safe in the playoffs, but if this holds up that would be a great game 7 on Wednesday night.

Hopefully we'll come out as fired up in our game 6 at home Tuesday night.

4. RangersFan

4-0 Oilers. How can they blow this one. Should be a game 7.

5. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Would be nice to see the Rangers come out like the Oilers on Tuesday night.

RangersFan likes this.
  6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Good lord the Pens absolutely tanked the game tonight. They looked AWFUL. 13 shots on goal....totally dickless effort. Really hoping the Rangers come out ready tomorrow, these game 6's have not been close at all....

7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

and of course Pit scores two quick goals....haha

8. Messiah717

It's crazy how a series can turn around and what desperate teams can do. The last two nights with Edmonton and Washington has certainly shown that. The Rangers need to come out tomorrow with the same dominating and desperate approach.

9. RangersFan

Makes me nervous. Are all 3 of these series going to 7 games? Hopefully it's just the fan in me being uneasy, but I have a very uncomfortable feeling about tonight. Ottawa should have some momentum off of the game 5 victory. Can we bounce back AGAIN and play with the emotion we need to in order to win. And are we due for a questionable game at home, while Ottawa is due to show up on the road. Very uneasy about this game. I actually think if we win tonight I'll be more confident into game 7 than I am into game 6. Concerned.

I'll stand by what I wrote earlier, I truly think we'll know how this game will play out after the first 10-12 minutes. If Ottawa scores first I'll be VERY concerned, even more than I already am.

10. RangersFan

One comment on the Pens/Caps series, the Caps have been the better team in that series (especially games 3, 4 and 5 into last night where they dominated). The Caps also are the more talented team (have you seen the guys playing D on the Pens). Questions with them were Holtby stepping up and heart/leadership.

I also like the move Trotz made to separate OV from Backstrom and Oshie. Said before the series I didn't like loading up one line. Break OV away and give some depth to your team. Worked well for them the past two games.

No doubt you have to favor the Caps back home in game 7 after really outplaying the Pens in the series overall (tons more shots on goal). But the Pens have a championship pedigree and should not be dismissed with Crosby and Malkin leading the way. But it would be difficult to not see the Caps winning that game 7 now, and frankly I think that is their SCF. If they get to the ECF finally I think they roll to the cup from that point on.

We have a TON to do to even think about this, but from a Ranger POV I want the Pens to win game 7. I would rather take my chances against that team than the Caps off of beating the Pens and dominating most of the games (especially from game 3 on). Let's hope I care about that game 7 tomorrow night...;).

11. Ranger71

Interesting that Edmonton is listed as the favorite in game 7 at Anaheim but with the leads and the way they've played there i guess it's somewhat understandable. Even if they lose they've really had a great year.

12. RangersFan

I'd love to see Edmonton win. It would be great to see that team back on top. Young team and a lot of fun to watch. Who would have predicted Preds/Oilers.

13. Messiah717

Incredibly, the Caps end up shutout at home to end their year. You would have to think major changes are on the horizon in Washington.

14. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    We know how they feel

15. Ranger71

On the horizon at the verizon?lol

16. RangersFan

There is no doubt there will be major changes in DC. Half their team is made up of free agents, so there will be a whole new team in DC next season. I think it also locks in we'll get Shatt if we want him. He will not be back in DC.

We get on the Rangers and say how tough it is being a Ranger fan, thank god we are not Caps fans. What a disaster. Multiple Pres trophies the past bunch of years, never been past round 2.

Blow big series leads. Comeback from down 3-1 against the Pens, dominate games 5 & 6, get everyone's hopes up that there is no way they could lose game 7 after their win in game 6...and they are flat as can be and get shutout. That's awful. And that's the beauty of being a Caps fan, they give you hope. Down 3-1 they were done. All the fans were done and said another failed season. They then draw the fans back in by winning 5 & 6, they go last night and fully expect a win, and THEN they let them down again. It is funny actually.

That team is done as we know it, and the Pens have an excellent shot to win the cup back to back. They'll destroy Ottawa in 5 or 6. The SCF won't be cake as the Preds/Ducks are solid teams, and the Pens this season are not the Pens from last season, but they will be favored to beat the West. So they have a great shot. Pretty impressive...even though I hate them.

17. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Watching the Ott Pitt series makes me sick to my stomach even more losing to Ottawa. Pitt is really banged up. I think the Rangers would have matched up a lot better with Pitt then we all thought. Give Ottawa credit I guess but the path to the Finals was easier in the East then anyone would have thought. Just think if we could close out games we pretty much dominated......

Nashville I think will win the cup though.

18. RangersFan

Agreed. That loss is even more crushing now. We totally controlled games 1-5 and should have been up at least 3-2. But Ottawa played the big moments WAY better than we did and deserved to win. But the Pens series is control Ottawa like they never had against us until game 6 after a few gut punches deflated us.

Frustrating...

19. Messiah717

Going back to the regular season that's now five straight games where the Pens have only scored one goal against the Senators. There's something to be said about the match up sometimes. Not to mention how banged up the Penguins are at the moment. It will now be interesting to see if they stick with Murray for game four or stay with MAF.

20. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Looks like Crosby has not been the same since that concussion in the caps series. I wonder if he will consider retiring after this season. One more concussion away from being a vegetable. What wasted opportunity to go to the finals by the Rangers.