Playoff Run in the West

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LAC plays Portland and Sacramento at home. Both of those games should be wins. Then they play at Pheonix and that SHOULD be a loss. The final game is back to back against NO in LA so the Clips should win that game. That will put them at 41-41. Here is to hoping we win the games we should and we come up big against Dallas again...</div>
    Yeah, I agree. I'm just not too confident about the W's running the table here. I expect a let down to either Sac or Portland, if not a loss to Dallas.

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Man, the Warriors have been so hot, the third hottest team since March 5, in the NBA.

BTW the refs have been horrible for the Warriors all season long. It really doesn't matter who they are playing, the Warriors get very few breaks. There may be a glimpse of fair officiating but then it changes quickly. I mean nobody on this team, including Baron Davis can get the calls a Manu Ginoboli gets constantly from refs.

Man I am really hoping the Warriors can pull it off (so does the guy doing the nba.com power rankings).

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Damn Lakers can't win win they are winning by hell! Why does crap like this happen to us? [​IMG]

We better win the Kings game tomorrow.

4. jzblaze

jzblaze JBB JustBBall Member

let's wait and see what happens with portland tomorrow. You never know, if the blazers win than it's a wash. They're expected to beat portland.

5. *Scotch

*Scotch JBB JustBBall Member

You guys will get all the help you need from the Suns. We are playing extremely hard because the Spurs or right on our backs. So no resting our starters, we don't want to play the Nuggets nor do we want to play you so I hope you guys get in eigth and the Lakers lose out. GL!!![​IMG]

6. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">*Scotch Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You guys will get all the help you need from the Suns. We are playing extremely hard because the Spurs or right on our backs. So no resting our starters, we don't want to play the Nuggets nor do we want to play you so I hope you guys get in eigth and the Lakers lose out. GL!!![​IMG]</div>Thanks man, I just hope the Suns would play hard even if their seedings were all set, just because these final games will determine who goes home for the summer and who gets into the playoffs. Getting in with the #8 seed may seem unimportant for fans of the great teams, but for marginal franchises that are trying to take the next step to legitimacy, it's huge. Good luck to the Suns, I have nothing but respect for that franchise (just hope the Warriors have to play them as little as possible because they own us).

7. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Suns fans are classy. I would love to play the suns in the playoffs. that would be a fun game to watch...

8. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks man, I just hope the Suns would play hard even if their seedings were all set, just because these final games will determine who goes home for the summer and who gets into the playoffs. Getting in with the #8 seed may seem unimportant for fans of the great teams, but for marginal franchises that are trying to take the next step to legitimacy, it's huge. Good luck to the Suns, I have nothing but respect for that franchise (just hope the Warriors have to play them as little as possible because they own us).</div>

Well, I am not sure if the Suns actually let up on the Warriors, but it could be argued that they did the last time they faced the Warriors. That 4th quarter the bench brought that Suns team from down 25 points to single digits. I am not sure if they would have left the starters on the bench the whole time if they were not focused on a future game (I think they had a big game vs. Dallas after that game) and maybe the result would have been different for the Warriors.

But since the Lakers always seem to be helping the Clippers out, I am not upset if the Suns decide to help out the Warriors somehow. This could turn out to be like alliances forming - Suns/Warriors vs. Lakers/Clippers.

I agree with the comment about the Suns. Right now I seem to not be pulling for many teams in the playoffs, especially if the Warriors don't make it. But the Suns is a team that I would like to see win. It would be great for Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and Amare Stodamire(I always get confused spelling his last name).

Go Suns!!!

9. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Good for nothing Lakers...

10. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Sacramento is the focal point, check out their remaining schedule:

Apr 13 vs Golden State
    Apr 15 at LA Clippers
    Apr 16 vs New Orl/OKC
    Apr 18 vs LA Lakers

They could really shake up a lot of things. Unfortunately, they have no love for the Warriors.

11. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sacramento is the focal point, check out their remaining schedule:

Apr 13 vs Golden State
    Apr 15 at LA Clippers
    Apr 16 vs New Orl/OKC
    Apr 18 vs LA Lakers

They could really shake up a lot of things. Unfortunately, they have no love for the Warriors.</div>

Yeah, I am happy the Warriros don't have the Kings' April schedule. It's truly brutal. Please help us out Sacramento [​IMG].

12. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Lakers are hated more than the Warriors, so lets root for the Kings to knock off the teams we need them to...

13. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sacramento is the focal point, check out their remaining schedule:

Apr 13 vs Golden State
    Apr 15 at LA Clippers
    Apr 16 vs New Orl/OKC
    Apr 18 vs LA Lakers

They could really shake up a lot of things. Unfortunately, they have no love for the Warriors.</div>

I can go for a blowout tonight like a great Jason Voorhees rampage on Friday the 13th [​IMG].

Afterwards, the Kings get so mad due to the Warriors' drubbing that they clobber the Clippers, NO/OKC, and finally the Lakers in succession [​IMG].

14. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Suns are pulling away from the Lakers! Still a lot of time left but it's looking good. Kudos to the Suns for playing a legit game.

15. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Clippers are killing the Trailblazers... damn tankers!

16. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Uh oh, Lakers only down by 5 now, this would be a huge HUGE loss for them.

Anyway, another great game by Baron, he is really taking the team on his shoulders now. I have to say I'm really impressed by Baron's acceptance of Monta Ellis. He easily could have felt threatened by him (a younger, healthier, flashy guy being groomed for Baron's position), but if he has felt threatened, he hasn't shown it. He's been completely professional about it every step of the way, and in many instances it looks like he has taken an active mentoring role. He was giving Monta some hugs after the game tonight.

17. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Glad to see Warriors not losing focus due to Lakers collapse or 4 days rest. Unfortunately, Clippers seemed to regain their poise after the win as well. 1 game by Clippers and soon-to-be 1.5 games by Lakers... It will be close...

18. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Lakers are going to lose, yay Suns. So at this point, the Warriors, Lakers, and Clips are all tied in the loss column (40). Warriors lose tiebreakers to both (2-way or 3-way) so they need to pick up one game on one of those teams. Amazingly, the Lakers seem like the best bet now, and frankly I'd much rather see the Clippers get in than the Lakers because they deserve it more and are not a bunch of conceited a@@holes (that applies to most of the fans as well). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the Warriors get in anyway they can, but that would be ideal.

What I worry about is that NO/OKC lost to Denver tonight and that pretty much ends their playoff hopes. They'll have nothing but pride to play for in the last game of the year, and the Lakers will have everything to play for.

19. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lakers are going to lose, yay Suns. So at this point, the Warriors, Lakers, and Clips are all tied in the loss column (40). Warriors lose tiebreakers to both (2-way or 3-way) so they need to pick up one game on one of those teams. Amazingly, the Lakers seem like the best bet now, and frankly I'd much rather see the Clippers get in than the Lakers because they deserve it more and are not a bunch of conceited a@@holes (that applies to most of the fans as well). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the Warriors get in anyway they can, but that would be ideal.

What I worry about is that NO/OKC lost to Denver tonight and that pretty much ends their playoff hopes. They'll have nothing but pride to play for in the last game of the year, and the Lakers will have everything to play for.</div>

I say, if there is a tie by the end of the season, let's play a short three game series, to see who wins the 8th seed. It could be some slack given to the Warriors by the league after giving that Washington game away to the Wizards. Though that will never happen.

Well right now it looks like the Warriors can win on the road. It just might be a little too late - hopefully not though. Winning each of the remaining games is critical right now.

20. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Both LA teams have 5 games left, and if there is at least one loss, we will get one PO spot by winning all 4 games. Dallas game may be huge...