Playoff Run in the West

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Mar 12, 2007.

1. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We are killing people! Granted they are home games, but this includes the big win at Auburn Hills! Warriors are going to be focused from here on out. They are allowed to lose against the top teams, but anything less than that will be a disappointment. So how did the other teams fair in the standings? Did LAC lose tonight?</div>

Clips won tonight [​IMG]

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, since when do the Warriors play defense? First they take down the Mavericks by playing some good defense (along with brilliant offense) and then vs. the TWolves they only allow the opposition to shoot 35% from the field? I hope this isn't a fluke. If the Warriors can keep up this defense they can go far.

3. AnimeFANatic

Lets hope Ray Allen has a cold shooting night!

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lets hope Ray Allen has a cold shooting night!</div>

That's like hoping Dale Earnhardt Jr. won't drive fast, lol.

We have a better chance of trying to stop the other guys, like Lewis, Ridenour, Wilcox, etc...

5. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Amazingly, the Warriors are only 3 games out of the #6 spot in the West. It's not likely, but it's possible. Although, if they are going to make the playoffs, #8 would seem to be their best chance (Dallas). They don't match up well with Phoenix or San Antonio.

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

After the wins on the back to back we now have sole possession of the 8th seed. Clips are a half game behind us and @ NJ today then finish off their road trip on a back to back @ Chicago and @ Milwaukee and once they go back home they have another back to back vs. Utah and Washington.

We're somehow 2 games above Minny, Sac, and NO. Hopefully we just keep winning and gaining separation from these teams (as well as LAC).

7. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">After the wins on the back to back we now have sole possession of the 8th seed. Clips are a half game behind us and @ NJ today then finish off their road trip on a back to back @ Chicago and @ Milwaukee and once they go back home they have another back to back vs. Utah and Washington.

We're somehow 2 games above Minny, Sac, and NO. Hopefully we just keep winning and gaining separation from these teams (as well as LAC).</div>

Yeah, right now the Warriors have their fate in their own hands. All we can hope is that Baron keeps it going on the court, and the wins keep coming in. Basically it's a sprint to the finish line with like half a lap remaining. There is no room for any stumbles or flaws, (i.e. the Warriors losing to the Sonics last night, especially after that huge first half lead).

Next up is Utah. Okur and Boozer have the ability to tear this team apart inside. Collison and the Sonics big men like Wilcox were able to do it last night, and the Jazz bigs are at a higher level than those foes. If things get too bad, I am hoping POB is around to help out AB and the rest of the front court. I suppose Foyle can help there as well.

8. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">(i.e. the Warriors losing to the Sonics last night, especially after that huge first half lead).</div>That was disturbing. The Warriors were up by I think 16 and on a major roll when Nelson pulled all the starters (except JRich IIRC) -- bringing in Barnes, Monta, Powell, and Pietrus -- and the team quickly got confused, started taking those terrible random outside shots off no ball movement, turning the ball over, etc. He left those guys in for a long time as the team continued to melt down. And they allowed Seattle and its crowd back into the game when they had a chance right there at a critical point to make it a blowout from which the Sonics wouldn't be able to recover. What the hell was Nelson thinking? Sometimes the moves he makes are brilliant, but sometimes they just look bafflingly bad. If I were a cynical remote observer, I would have said at that point he was trying throw that game to gain draft position.

9. Clif25

The Clippers lost today, to put the Warriors a game ahead in the race for the 8th spot in the playoffs. Things are turning in the Warriors favor. Hopefully they can take advantage of it.

10. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

It's astounding that the Warriors actually have a better record than the Pacers do now, in the much harder Western division. And Pacer fans are still in denial re: DunMurphy.

11. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

We should trade Adonal Foyle to them because now they have the 8th seed and you need a big center to match up against the likes of Shaq in the playoffs...

12. AnimeFANatic

Wolves lost tonight, this should help create some distance.

13. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wolves lost tonight, this should help create some distance.</div>

So did LAC. We're a game above the Clips, 2 games above NO and Sac, and 2 and a half games up on Minny.

14. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Has Golden State been in a playoff spot this late in a season during their 13 year streak? It seems that this has been their best season since 93.

15. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

No. As far as I remember, we came close in two occassions (PJ with Cummings, Starks, Mills and Muss with Dampier, Richardson and Speedy), but we never hold on to 8th spot after the all-star break in 13 years. 1 game by Clippers, 2 games by NO and Sac. Our schedule isn't easy to say the least, but then this team is sizzling... It will be very interesting...

16. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It's astounding that the Warriors actually have a better record than the Pacers do now, in the much harder Western division. And Pacer fans are still in denial re: DunMurphy.</div>

Yeah, I am starting to think that you'd need three all-stars/superstars if you expect to win with Murphy and Dunleavy in the starting lineup...

As far as Bobcats' comment: I don't know the last time the Warriors were 32-36 or better. The Warriors could still end up going 6-8 and ending with 38 wins which they accomplished in the 2002-2003 season. Who knows, though, maybe 38 wins could be good enough this season. But I definitley wouldn't want to push any luck on that possibility coming true.

17. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No. As far as I remember, we came close in two occassions (PJ with Cummings, Starks, Mills and Muss with Dampier, Richardson and Speedy), but we never hold on to 8th spot after the all-star break in 13 years. 1 game by Clippers, 2 games by NO and Sac. Our schedule isn't easy to say the least, but then this team is sizzling... It will be very interesting...</div>

Yeah, the Warriors came a bit close in the strike shorten season, and maybe they were in it during the first year Musselman was around, but not really. Thinking about it and looking at standings from previous years, the Warriors could have probably been 32-36 during that first year Musselman was around. The main difference then was that the West was much stronger. You had to be at least .500 to stay in the race. As far as keeping a playoff seed this late in the season, I don't know when that was. Maybe the best way to keep from being distracted by the competition behind the Warriors and letting up on some games, would be to gain the goal of finishing the season with at least a .500 record. Man, there is so much anxiety!!! haha. The Warriors have a golden chance of making the playoffs. Man, maybe the season should end today, haha.

18. AnimeFANatic

I think the Warriors tough schedule ahead will get the best of them...

don't quote me on this, Gohn! [​IMG]

19. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Here is my prediction for the rest of the season based off your insights...

Record right now 30-36. I predict a 39-43. I dont know if that will be enough for the 8th seed. That would be a .476% which might be good enough to land the 8th spot considering the Clippers have a .468% right now and they have the last playoff spot locked up. So unless everyone is healthy including Baron and we play our butts off, hopes are pretty slim...

Min-W
    @Sea-W
    @UT-L
    Was-W
    @LAL-L
    SAS-L
    Phe-L
    Mem-W
    @Hou-L
    @Mem-W
    @SAS-L
    UT-W
    @Sac-W
    Min-W
    Dal-L
    @Por-W</div>

Hey Warriorsfansnc93 you have been right so far. Right now the Warriors are 32-37. Right now I think a good goal would be to go finish the season at .500, which would mean going 9-4 the rest of the way. I am not sure if that is likely but we shall see. I think the Warriors will be in position to beat all of the teams, including the Spurs and Lakers. The only team that scares me as far as matchups is Houston, and maybe Utah and Portland. Otherwise I think the Warriors have a shot still. Oh...so intense. Why do I put my hopes so high all the time?

20. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey Warriorsfansnc93 you have been right so far. Right now the Warriors are 32-37. Right now I think a good goal would be to go finish the season at .500, which would mean going 9-4 the rest of the way. I am not sure if that is likely but we shall see. I think the Warriors will be in position to beat all of the teams, including the Spurs and Lakers. The only team that scares me as far as matchups is Houston, and maybe Utah and Portland. Otherwise I think the Warriors have a shot still. Oh...so intense. Why do I put my hopes so high all the time?</div>

9-4 from here on out would be possible if we were in a "normal" part of the season. But with the season winding down against some of the most fierce competition in the NBA I would consider .500 from here on out a success. If we did that, our record would be 39-43 like I predicted...[​IMG]