Playoff Run in the West

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Have the Warriors made pre-sale playoff tickets available for purchase yet?

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">9-4 from here on out would be possible if we were in a "normal" part of the season. But with the season winding down against some of the most fierce competition in the NBA I would consider .500 from here on out a success. If we did that, our record would be 39-43 like I predicted...[​IMG]</div>

Yeah...but finishing the season at .500 or with 40 wins (so going 8-5) at least is an improvement, even if they don't make the playoffs. Also the Warriors have managed to beat a lot of good teams near the end of seasons. There might be a couple of games where the Jazz, Spurs, or Mavericks are just going to be focused on resting up and saving their players for the post season and let the Warriors steal a win or two. Hopefully the Warriors can get through it. The team that scares me the most actually is the Blazers on the last game of the season. The Blazers and Rockets (and probably the Jazz as well) have given the Warriors fits especially when the Rockets are healthy. But I guess it all starts tonight. Too bad the Warriors didn't win that game vs. the Wizards a week ago or so. But now is the time to do business, haha. I am so amped for playoffs - sadly I feel like I may be disappointed by the end of the season. The Hornets and Clippers are racking up wins. But the Warriors have a shot I think.

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Have the Warriors made pre-sale playoff tickets available for purchase yet?</div>

Yeah, requires a $200 deposit. And when they don't make it, you have to use the $200 for next years tickets... something like that.

4. DTKennedy

DTKennedy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, requires a $200 deposit. And when they don't make it, you have to use the $200 for next years tickets... something like that.</div>

Am i the only one who thinks that's kinda tacky?

5. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">DTKennedy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Am i the only one who thinks that's kinda tacky?</div>

Nope, I think it's retarded. You should get your money back.

6. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nope, I think it's retarded. You should get your money back.</div>

Exactly. You are paying to watch PLAYOFF BALL, not regular season ball...

7. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Here is my prediction for the rest of the season based off your insights...
    Min-W
    @Sea-W
    @UT-L
    Was-W
    @LAL-L
    SAS-L
    Phe-L
    Mem-W
    @Hou-L
    @Mem-W
    @SAS-L
    UT-W
    @Sac-W
    Min-W
    Dal-L
    @Por-W</div>

My predictions are right on so far...

Hopefully we can hold Kobe to under 50pts and escape from Compton with a win....[​IMG]

8. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My predictions are right on so far...

Hopefully we can hold Kobe to under 50pts and escape from Compton with a win....[​IMG]</div>

Lol i doubt the wariors will hold kobe under 50 points, his on fire, but just maybe they might pull a win off. But when was the last time the warriors won in Staples? The Lakers are probably going to win. But, im still rooding for the Warriors to make the playoffs and that 8th spot. I want to see an upset on Dallas.[​IMG]

9. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Kobe24bryant Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lol i doubt the wariors will hold kobe under 50 points, his on fire, but just maybe they might pull a win off. But when was the last time the warriors won in Staples? The Lakers are probably going to win. But, im still rooding for the Warriors to make the playoffs and that 8th spot. I want to see an upset on Dallas.[​IMG]</div>

I would laugh if Kobe was averaging 60ppg, but thats stupid that it is a given that he will score 50 on the Warriors. He has only done it 7 times this season. There is no way he is guaranteed he will score 50pts. In my opinion, the Warriors are going to hold him to under 35pts how about that![​IMG] [​IMG]

If the Warriors can harass Kobe like they did Arenas last night, and Dirk a few days ago I will say the Warriors will win. We NEED Jackson though. If he is playing with a healthy Baron Davis, those 2 should be able to contain Kobe with a little help from Richardson/Pietrus etc.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

A day after beating the Wizards, Warrior fans must now root for them to beat the Clippers tonight. Funny how that works eh?

I don't think Kobe should be the concern for Golden State, they should focus on shutting down Lamar and Luke by making them work on the defensive end. Luke was torched by Mike Miller the other night and he will have his handsful defending JRich or SJax. If the Warriors can get Odom or Luke into early foul trouble, it's easier to slow Kobe and the Lakers offense down.

Smush Parker also injured his ankle last night, so it's going to be even tougher for him to check Baron Davis or Monta Ellis.

11. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">A day after beating the Wizards, Warrior fans must now root for them to beat the Clippers tonight. Funny how that works eh?

I don't think Kobe should be the concern for Golden State, they should focus on shutting down Lamar and Luke by making them work on the defensive end. Luke was torched by Mike Miller the other night and he will have his handsful defending JRich or SJax. If the Warriors can get Odom or Luke into early foul trouble, it's easier to slow Kobe and the Lakers offense down.

Smush Parker also injured his ankle last night, so it's going to be even tougher for him to check Baron Davis or Monta Ellis.</div>

Oh yeah, it is back to rooting for the Warriors East team. Now this time it is mutually beneficial...

12. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh yeah, it is back to rooting for the Warriors East team. Now this time it is mutually beneficial...</div>
    Yeah, I'll probably watch all the Clipper games from here on out.

13. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I'll probably watch all the Clipper games from here on out.</div>

Dont look now, but the Clippers are up by 4 with less than 2 minutes remaining...[​IMG]

14. houston_owns_u

houston_owns_u JBB JustBBall Member

Well the Clippers have been doing pretty darn well as of late, with wins over playoff teams like Utah, Washington, and Chicago. Jason Hart and Daniel Ewing have been solid running the point with both Livingston and Cassell out.

They should lose to the Rockets next, though.

15. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I think people should be watching Denver as well. Check out their remaining schedule. I wouldn't be shocked to see them fall apart down the stretch.

16. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">houston_owns_u Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well the Clippers have been doing pretty darn well as of late, with wins over playoff teams like Utah, Washington, and Chicago. Jason Hart and Daniel Ewing have been solid running the point with both Livingston and Cassell out.

They should lose to the Rockets next, though.</div>

Yeah, you are right. They are stepping up to the plate, I admit it. I will be rooting for your team next...[​IMG]

17. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">houston_owns_u Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    They should lose to the Rockets next, though.</div>

Cant anyone help us out![​IMG]

18. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Min-W
    @Sea-W
    @UT-L
    Was-W
    @LAL-L
    SAS-L
    Phe-L
    Mem-W
    @Hou-L
    @Mem-W
    @SAS-L
    UT-W
    @Sac-W
    Min-W
    Dal-L
    @Por-W</div>

We are still in it people. Just think the next 3 games are at home. We have beaten both the Suns and the Spurs at home. My prediction was very conservative, but we could get it done again. I think our best chance will be against the Spurs because the Suns can beat us at our own game. Then again, the Suns have been losing to some inferior opponents recently...

19. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I think they got a better chance to win against the Suns. Back to back is tough. But it's a home game, so they got a chance at both.

20. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think they got a better chance to win against the Suns. Back to back is tough. But it's a home game, so they got a chance at both.</div>

Yeah, back to back have been killer, but we have done better recently...

Can one of the mods paste my predictions for the Hornets and Clippers schedules over here to this thread?