Playoff Run in the West

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

The Hornets are 32-38 right now and here is their schedule with my conservative predictions

Dallas L
    @SAS L
    NY W
    @ MIL W
    SEA W
    PHX L
    @MIN W
    LAC W
    DEN L
    @HOU L
    @SAC W
    @LAC L

End of season record 38-44

2. Warriorfansnc93

The Clippers are 34-36 right now and here is their remaining schedule with my conservative predictions...

HOU L
    @SAC W
    @POR W
    LAL L
    DEN L
    @DAL L
    @NO L
    @LAL L
    POR W
    SAC W
    @PHX L
    NO W

I think they could win one of those games against the Lakers, but its not like they have a great home advantage since they are both in So cal, so I chalked up both as losses. That would leave them at 39-43. That is 1 game more than I predicted us to have conservatively. Now it all boils down to pressure and who comes together. NO is playing great right now by taking out the rockets, suns etc, and the clips have won 5 straight or something like that. All 3 teams are playing the best basketball of the season so it should be a hell of a race. But if you look at the Clippers, if they really do lose 4 or 5 straight like I predict they could, that could dessimate them and cause some chemistry problems.

3. Warriorfansnc93

BTW, these predictions dont take into account the back to backs the clippers and hornets have either...

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

It's hard to make a playoff run when all the teams coming up can score decently or score really well (inside and out) and we can't rebound or play defense competitively...

And plus our mental state on the road is pretty weak...

5. Warriorfansnc93

Ok here we go, this is where it could get interesting...

Nuggets
    (35-36)
    @SEA-W
    @LAL-L
    SAC*-W/L
    DAL-L
    @LAC-L
    LAL-L
    @UTA-L
    @NOK-W/L
    @MEM*-W/L
    MIN-W
    @SAS-L
    (*) = back to back
    (40-42) predicted record, but with those back to backs anything could happen and they may go as low as (37-45) if they lose the games they should and the back to back games.

6. Warriorfansnc93

Clippers
    (36-37)
    LAL-L/W
    DEN-W
    @DAL-L
    @NOK*-L/W
    @LAL-L
    POR*-W/L
    SAC-W
    @PHX-L
    NOK*-W/L
    (40-42) predicted record but could be as bad as (38-44).

7. Warriorfansnc93

Warriors
    (35-39)
    @HOU-L
    @MEM-W/L
    @SAS*-L
    UTA-L/W
    @SAC-W
    MIN-W
    DAL-L
    POR*-W/L
    (39-43) is my predicted record. If all my predicted records work out he way I think they will, we will be out of the playoffs by 1 game with the Nuggets/Clippers tied for the 7/8 spot...

We need to steal a couple of the questionable games and win the ones we should along with some favors from the Nuggets or Clippers...

8. oaktank88

oaktank88 JBB JustBBall Member

i think that the washington game is gonna come back to haunt us. if we didnt get screwed we would have won that game and we'd be sitting at 36-38, just a half game back of denver and the clips. plus we flat out blew it in the laker game too, we could have been at .500 right now.

9. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">oaktank88 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i think that the washington game is gonna come back to haunt us. if we didnt get screwed we would have won that game and we'd be sitting at 36-38, just a half game back of denver and the clips. plus we flat out blew it in the laker game too, we could have been at .500 right now.</div>

Ouch

10. Warriorfansnc93

Lets not forget all the easy games we blew during the season like the home stretch we had to start the season where we should have won a bunch of games, but we just floated through with close to a .500 record...

11. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, true. But that's the way the NBA season goes, I guess. You win some you shouldn't, and you lose some you shouldn't. Our postseason hopes shouldn't be dependent on how the refs call the game. They make mistakes with every game, and every team.

We are where are and that's it. No one's going to look back over the 2006-2007 NBA season and say "oh yeah, that was the year the Warriors should have gone to the playoffs but got screwed."

The only way people will remember anything about the Warriors is if they make the playoffs. If they don't, it will be just the same as the last 12 years, and people will just say "Golden who?"

So, with that said.... GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

12. Custodianrules2

We rank dead last in rebounds. Teams like that typically don't even get close to the playoffs. We're lucky to be getting so many blocked shots, 3 pointers, and assists and doing so at a decent %.

13. Warriorfansnc93

Lets go Warriors and whoever is playing the Nuggets/Clippers/Hornets etc...

14. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Warriors
    (35-39)
    @HOU-L
    @MEM-W/L
    @SAS*-L
    UTA-L/W
    @SAC-W
    MIN-W
    DAL-L
    POR*-W/L
    (39-43) is my predicted record. If all my predicted records work out he way I think they will, we will be out of the playoffs by 1 game with the Nuggets/Clippers tied for the 7/8 spot...

We need to steal a couple of the questionable games and win the ones we should along with some favors from the Nuggets or Clippers...</div>

Well if the Warriors defend the home court and beat Utah, Minnesota, Dallas, and Portland, and then if they can pick up one or two road games like @ Memphis or @ Sacramento, then that may be enough to make the playoffs. But I don't feel like holding my breath for this team so much more this season in terms of what needs to happen to make the playoffs. I think if the Warriors finish with 40 seasons then I will be satisfied.

15. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well if the Warriors defend the home court and beat Utah, Minnesota, Dallas, and Portland, and then if they can pick up one or two road games like @ Memphis or @ Sacramento, then that may be enough to make the playoffs. But I don't feel like holding my breath for this team so much more this season in terms of what needs to happen to make the playoffs. I think if the Warriors finish with 40 seasons then I will be satisfied.</div>

Beating Dallas is always hard, but with it being the second to last game of the year, hopefully we will be hungry and they will rest their starters with the #1 seed locked up by then. And we NEED to beat Portland. We need to go 6-2 down the stretch to get to .500. That probably wont happen, but I could see us pulling out 40 wins. If all 3 teams finished 40-42, how would the tie breakers work out?

16. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Beating Dallas is always hard, but with it being the second to last game of the year, hopefully we will be hungry and they will rest their starters with the #1 seed locked up by then. And we NEED to beat Portland. We need to go 6-2 down the stretch to get to .500. That probably wont happen, but I could see us pulling out 40 wins. If all 3 teams finished 40-42, how would the tie breakers work out?</div>

Here's some more info

http://www.cctextra.com/blogs/hoopjunkie/2...ly_go_to_c.html

BTW, guess who's 21 now?

[​IMG]

17. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I expect the Warriors to blow Utah out. They threw away the last game in Utah when the refs decided to call a foul every 3 seconds. I think the Clips are going to run away with and take the 7 spot, let's just hope for a Denver meltdown.

18. Custodianrules2

The Biedrins dunks were sick last week. Man, we all know this guy can fly, but maybe he's worried about the contact because of his light weight and him flying in midair. Who knows.

I just hope we can make the playoffs and make up for every game we should have won. Like I remember we lost to the Bobcats and Hawks when we had every reason to blow them out. Contrary to popular belief at the start of the season, the Hawks weren't a playoff caliber team. Not yet anyhow.

Speaking of the Hawks, man... wtfreak is up with Sheldon Williams? I thought that guy would be good. I suppose if he gets more minutes he can rebound. But man... Duke is looking really overrated at times... Only thing good to come out of there in recent time was Luol Deng, it seems.

19. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    We can't worry about what the other teams do at this point. I say just take it one game at a time, but it will be very, very difficult to get to the playoffs.

We need to win 6 out of 8 to reach .500 and a probable playoff spot. 5 out of 8 gets us to 40 - 42 and it may or may not be good enough with the tie breakers and all. Not to mention 5 out of the 8 games left are on the road. Not impossible to do, but very, very tough for the Warriors.

[​IMG]

20. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The Biedrins dunks were sick last week. Man, we all know this guy can fly, but maybe he's worried about the contact because of his light weight and him flying in midair. Who knows.

I just hope we can make the playoffs and make up for every game we should have won. Like I remember we lost to the Bobcats and Hawks when we had every reason to blow them out. Contrary to popular belief at the start of the season, the Hawks weren't a playoff caliber team. Not yet anyhow.

Speaking of the Hawks, man... wtfreak is up with Sheldon Williams? I thought that guy would be good. I suppose if he gets more minutes he can rebound. But man... Duke is looking really overrated at times... Only thing good to come out of there in recent time was Luol Deng, it seems.</div>

The best players from Duke have been Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, Grant Hill and Deng. Along with these guys there have been some disappointments like William Avery, Trajan Langdon, Mike Dunleavy, Jayson Williams, etc.