Playoffs 2007: Round 2 (Pistons vs. Bulls)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by NTC, Apr 29, 2007.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">First of all, I'm just following the Warriors because the Magic are out of the playoffs. I'm really happy for them and I love all underdog stories. Second, how can you not say the Dallas-Golden State series wasn't exciting? It has been called the biggest upset in NBA history yet you'd rank a Bulls-Pistons series over it? I know you guys are biased because you're all Bulls and Pistons fans but what we saw in Golden State is something that is going to be remembered for a long time. Unless something incredible happens in this second round series between Chicago and Detroit, it will just be another series.</div>

The Chicago/Detroit rivarly has been going on for decades now and it used to be very intense. A very storied rivarly. Both cities respect each other's franchises because of it, but it is still heated. That's why I love it and I know I can expect that all over again. Also, nobody wrote that the GS and Dallas series "wasn't exciting." I loved it, big props to the Warriors for ousting the number one seed in what is the biggest upset in modern NBA history. However, excuse some of us for being dedicated to one team and not jumping the bandwagons, bro. Anyway, this thread isn't about comparing the two series. Take it to the NBA discussion forum.

2. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Excitement refers to the competitive nature of the series. The Dallas and Golden State series wasn't all that competitive. The Warriors had em by the balls from the get go.

3. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

Chicago vs. Detroit goes way back. If you know anything about NBA history Swish.

4. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    New preview can be found here.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Very good preview.

As the series goes on I think to get more posts in this thread is to copy the posts in the Bulls forum and join them to this thread. That way we get more traffic as It is clear the Bulls forum has more posters to spread their views than this one does.

Here's to a good series.

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Very good preview.</div>

Thank you.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">As the series goes on I think to get more posts in this thread is to copy the posts in the Bulls forum and join them to this thread. That way we get more traffic as It is clear the Bulls forum has more posters to spread their views than this one does.</div>

Sure, I've always respected the Pistons so be my guest.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Here's to a good series.</div>

Same here.

7. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

HUGE FIRST HALF. Man I haven't seen Pistons play with that much heart all season. Chauncey and Rip both had great first halfs and our bench really stepped up when we needed them to. We just gotta keep feeding off the crowd and playing with intensity. I'd like to see Rasheed get involved in this game hes just gotta stay out of foul trouble. I have high hopes for the 2nd half, I expect us to come out with the same intensity as we did in the first half and take game one! 1-0 here we come....

8. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    This is the worst game, possibly in NBA history and it has nothing to do with the loss, but the officiating. Detroit is playing very well, major props, but the game has been full of crap since the start. Deng was poked in the eye, no call, we've been smacked around and about 30 to 40 times the Pistons had two hands on a player and nothing has been called ever. I've never seen this much bad officiating.

9. Detroit Madness

Its not like every bad call went against you guys. We had a few fouls and some questionable fouls that weren't called. I'm pumped by this win (bad officiating or not) I just hope we can carry it over to Game two. I know you guys will be ready for us next game we just can't get ahead of ourselves and play it one game at a time. But I'm gonna enjoy this victory for the next 2 days.

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Its not like every bad call went against you guys. We had a few fouls and some questionable fouls that weren't called. I'm pumped by this win (bad officiating or not) I just hope we can carry it over to Game two. I know you guys will be ready for us next game we just can't get ahead of ourselves and play it one game at a time. But I'm gonna enjoy this victory for the next 2 days.</div>

I never wrote that this game was entirely against the Bulls, I don't know where you read that. There were bad calls all night on both teams and then no calls at all on the Pistons for so many hacks on the Bulls. Deng being jabbed in the eye being the worst no-call because the Pistons player went over the back as well. The refs ruined the flow of the game, it isn't even about the loss as it is the officiating. I'd say this game would've still been won by the Pistons, but it wouldn't have been so massive in point differencial.

11. NTC

NTC Active Member

I think it would've been, the Bulls shot like crap the entire night, both from the field and the charity stripe. Most likely would've been a 15+ point win either way.

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Bad calls = bad morale = poor play.

Simple enough.

13. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

^Quit making excuses. You lost. There are more games to be played

14. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Not going to bother.

15. MJordan

The truth doesn't equal an excuse, NBAMAN.

A great portion of the calls against the Bulls were ridiculous.

16. Detroit Madness

<div class="quote_poster">23MJordan23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The truth doesn't equal an excuse, NBAMAN.

A great portion of the calls against the Bulls were ridiculous.</div>
    No but its getting annoying hes made like 10 posts about it. Its like hes trying to convince us that thats the reason the Bulls lost. Just state your opinion and drop the subject.

17. MJordan

Detroit Madness.

Reverse the situation on to the Pistons. Do you honestly believe that if Detroit had all sorts of BS calls on them and weren't getting many calls for them, do you think that Detroit would be in their right mind to win?

The Bulls didn't play all that well in the beginning, sure. However, the crap calls and no calls made it even worse. We couldn't even get into a rhythm because just about everything we did was a foul on defense and I won't even get into the offense.

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

It's obvious the refs were pretty poor all game but It didn't really effect the outcome. It still would of been a blowout. Pistons don't turn the ball over, they play tough defense and run the offense well. Miami were too slow for the Bulls young guns and they were turnover happy. That is something Pistons aren't.

Game 1 was an impressive win but it was just one win. It's still only 1-0. Still need to take care of business in game 2 and take control in a Chicago.

19. MJordan

"It's obvious the refs were pretty poor all game but It didn't really effect the outcome."

Why would you say that? Basketball is about momentum. When calls aren't being issued properly for a team, it effects the momentum and shifts it opposite. A blow out? I don't think so, maybe a win by 6 points, but not a blow out. But even then, we could have possibly won the game with better calls, it would have given us some momentum.

"Pistons don't turn the ball over, they play tough defense and run the offense well."

The Bulls have even tougher Defense, but we kept getting calls for everything. The Bulls do have a problem with turnovers, but look at it like this, the calls were bad.

"That is something Pistons aren't."

Bulls are faster than the Pistons, The Pistons are taller than the Bulls.

Good luck in game 2, and let the officiating be much better.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would you say that? Basketball is about momentum. When calls aren't being issued properly for a team, it effects the momentum and shifts it opposite. A blow out? I don't think so, maybe a win by 6 points, but not a blow out and even then, we could have possibly won the game with better calls, it would have given us some momentum.</div>The refs calling the game better would not of made this game a 20 point turn around. It's weak blaming the refs in a 26 point game. There were bad calls both ways. The reason why it was a blowout was the Pistons had their way offensively, contested every Bulls shot and the Bulls lack of post options is what was their down fall. When the Bulls jumpers aren't going they will struggle. They are purely a jump shooting team. Pistons have some bangers in the post who can take It to defenses. You can't expect to get calls when you rely on purely jump shots.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Bulls have even tougher Defense, but we kept getting calls for everything. The Bulls do have a problem with turnovers, but look at it like this, the calls were bad.</div>The calls were bad, they were bad both ways and yes Bulls did get more harsh calls but what do you expect? Thats what happens in the palace. Pistons are an experienced rough and tough team who has won an NBA title. Teams get more respect at home. I expect Bulls to get some calls at the UC when the series heads to Chicago. It's the way it is.

BTW yes the Bulls may be faster because they are younger but one thing is for sure. Pistons know how to keep up with those young guys. Something Miami couldn't do and thats why they lost.

Bulsl fans shouldn't get too down on this game. Yes they got embarrassed but It was still one game. If the Bulls steal game two they are back in the series.