Playoffs: Game 1 - Warriors @ Mavs April 22, 2007

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">NewYorkBalla33 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">"Warriors suck" is that all can you describe why they suck, can you tell me who won last night,can you tell me where the warriors won last night. can you tell me who won the last 4 or 5 season games.
    Answer.Warriors, American Airlines Arena, o ya and um WARRIORS.[​IMG]</div>

Sarcasm. [​IMG]

2. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

My bad I didn't mean to say fluke. But I wouldn't want you guys to get over excited because you still got a LONG 3 games to win.

3. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My bad I didn't mean to say fluke. But I wouldn't want you guys to get over excited because you still got a LONG 3 games to win.</div>

You are right about it being LONG. I am ready for the Warriors to play tomorrow at least. But we have to wait until Wednesday. Jeesh, why did all of these teams fear about not being rested for the playoffs? You get vacations between games it seems like, and this is the FIRST ROUND. It is strange to me, I don't understand why there is a two days rest when the teams just stay in Dallas, and then one day's rest following that. It would seem more logical to have the two days rest when the teams have to travel from one city to the next. Playoff schedules are something else. Let's see more than 48 hours I think to talk about game one and predictions, assessments, and analyzations. (Oh by the way, maybe I am thankful for teams like the Mavs taking it easy to rest up for the playoffs; I am just remembering that, haha).

Anyway, Don Nelson says it's going to be a long series after last night's game. He usually seems a bit more pessimistic about results for the Warriors, but we'll see, he's probably right, and so are you about it being a tough victory for the Warriors. But I think it's fair to say that it's not going to be any easier for the Mavericks with what they are going through and facing.

Again I can't wait for game 2, but I guess until Wednesday it's more talk and talk and more talk...hah.

4. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Warriors suck" is that all can you say ,describe why they suck, can you tell me who won last night,can you tell me where the warriors won last night. can you tell me who won the last 4 or 5 season games.
    Answer.Warriors, American Airlines Arena, o ya and um WARRIORS.</div>
    I'm a Warriors fan. [​IMG]

5. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You are right about it being LONG. I am ready for the Warriors to play tomorrow at least. But we have to wait until Wednesday. Jeesh, why did all of these teams fear about not being rested for the playoffs? You get vacations between games it seems like, and this is the FIRST ROUND. It is strange to me, I don't understand why there is a two days rest when the teams just stay in Dallas, and then one day's rest following that. It would seem more logical to have the two days rest when the teams have to travel from one city to the next. Playoff schedules are something else. Let's see more than 48 hours I think to talk about game one and predictions, assessments, and analyzations. (Oh by the way, maybe I am thankful for teams like the Mavs taking it easy to rest up for the playoffs; I am just remembering that, haha).
    </div>
    The scheduling is better than it was a few years ago, when they first instituted the seven games series in round one. I remember there had 3-4 days of rest in some cases, and it really dragged the playoffs on, even longer than now.

The whole reason for this is to cater to ESPN, TNT, and ABC. The way they have it now, no games overlap, so this increases ratings and ad dollars. It used to be that TNT would broadcast two games and TBS would broadcast the other two, and the games would be on at the same time, forcing viewers to choose which they wanted to watch.