Playoffs Game 4: Warriors vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Apr 29, 2007.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> Baron has yet to ever get past the 1st round in his whole career.</div>

Actually, that's incorrect.... he has made it out of the first round twice already while with the Hornets. He single handedly beat Orlando, it was that series where Baron hit that buzzer beater with .3 seconds, but they waived it off even though clearly he got it off on time .. but they won in OT anyway. That game prompted the league to put in the replay rule....He also helped beat the Miami Heat in his first year as a starter (second year in the league) .. that was the same year he was on that wannabe who wants to be a millionaire show on NBC right after they got eliminated in 7 against the bucks in the next round

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow! What a win! I thought the whole game - Man, maybe this isn't the Warriors night. Sure the Warriors made some comebacks. But still, the whole game they had trouble getting the lead, and when they had the lead they had trouble holding on to it. They made some good and lucky runs to close the final three quarters off. Fortunately they were able to edge it off in the 4th by ending the game on top.

The Warriors missed one more FG than the Mavericks. The Warriors had a big FT advantage but was blown, just about, by shooting a below decent percentage. Baron Davis was 6-12 from the line for the game, which isn't pretty. The Warriors might have had some help from the refs. If I were a Mavericks fan I might be having a little beef with the officiating. But the Mavericks played very well. Stackhouse lit it up. Howard is just about automatic, and I am happy they don't focus the offense only on Howard, because the Warriors haven't been able to stop him. Diop had 4 blocks and was a presence. Dirk had a solid game. Like Jason Richardson said, the Mavs played a good game. But for the Warriors, I mean they missed FT's, Monta Ellis put up a donut tonight, Al Harrington is still not clicking yet. But man, Pietrus decided to show up, which was sweet. He made his FT's too, which was awesome. Pietrus just needs to start knocking down those open three's from the corner again. But I can't complain about Pietrus. Nelson did a good job in getting what he did out of Pietrus. Pete's been a good PF for this team before during the season. It was good to see that Don Nelson, even with his old age, remembered that (agh, that was too cruel by me). Though I was thinking Monta probably should have came in during the 4th since he is a clutch player, or at least I was at the Nets game so I have seen that clutch shot. But yeah, Nelson was awesome tonight. Matt Barnes looked average/adequate the whole game but not very impressive. But man he hit that clutch 3 to push the lead back up to 6; that was a HUGE shot. Man I love this team.

Anyway, I guess the direction that I wanted to go with from the last paragraph was that things were not going the Warriors way, besides some officiating at times. But the team hung in there, so did the crowd. And with-it-all the Warriors were able to edge out a victory, and wow, what a win it was. It was an awesome game no doubt.

But yeah now the series is 3-1. The Mavericks aren't dead just yet. The Mavericks fans are going to be crazy to not get shown up by the Oakland fans, I bet. So Dallas will have a tough home court advantage that way. I am sure the Dallas fans aren't just going to roll over. Dirk Nowitizki may; but I am sure Stackhouse, Howard, Terry, Avery Johnson, and the Dallas fans aren't going to roll over. This last victory is going to be tough to come by. The Warriors will need the best performance of the series from this team to get that last victory.

Man thinking about this recent Warriors streak vs. the Mavs; games like these have been very typical where somehow the Warriors just overcome. It's crazy; but I'm loving it!

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

The Barkely pie in the face from "Thunder" was awesome. We should have an animated gif made of that LOL!

I think I might be inspired to make a sig again. Maybe it should be "Chuckstradamus", the omnipotent seer of all Basketball. Inspired by Kenny Smith.

4. Windmill360?

Windmill360? JBB JustBBall Member

Wealp. you guys are the better team and deserve to win. The series is over. Life moves on. Don't have a clue as to what will happen next year. I mean basically the same guys have gone through the same choke job two years in a row. I wonder if it's a liability to keep them around considering their dismantled psyche (sp?).

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

W.O.W. I didn't see this one coming. Franky, I thought Warriors lost when they were down by like 8 pts in 4th quarter. I mean, who expected Warriors to completely shut down Dallas in 4th quarter? Davis simply carried this team when they needed him the most. Richardson did exactly what 2nd option should do today, and Pietrus finally decided to step up as well. Now if only Harrington will show up...

Is Dirk really losing a confidence? He basically turned himself into jump shooter or a backup center, who grabs offense rebounds from 'midgets' and put back. In 4th quarter, all he tried to do was basically leaning on Warriors players and tried to get a foul until he hit those huge 3 pts. Jackson is doing one heck of job on Dirk. Can you imagine what would have happned if we put either Dunleavy or Murphy on Dirk?

The series is definitely not over though. After all, Dallas still is capable of winning 3 straight games. Hope Warriors don't celebrate too much until they actually put the final nail on the coffin...

6. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can you imagine what would have happned if we put either Dunleavy or Murphy on Dirk?</div>

if we still had murphleavy, we would DEFINATELY not have been playing any games this week.

7. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

One of the best games I've ever watched. Man, this was playoff basketball at its best!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRIIIIIOOORRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">W.O.W. I didn't see this one coming. Franky, I thought Warriors lost when they were down by like 8 pts in 4th quarter. I mean, who expected Warriors to completely shut down Dallas in 4th quarter? Davis simply carried this team when they needed him the most. Richardson did exactly what 2nd option should do today, and Pietrus finally decided to step up as well. Now if only Harrington will show up...

Is Dirk really losing a confidence? He basically turned himself into jump shooter or a backup center, who grabs offense rebounds from 'midgets' and put back. In 4th quarter, all he tried to do was basically leaning on Warriors players and tried to get a foul until he hit those huge 3 pts. Jackson is doing one heck of job on Dirk. Can you imagine what would have happned if we put either Dunleavy or Murphy on Dirk?

The series is definitely not over though. After all, Dallas still is capable of winning 3 straight games. Hope Warriors don't celebrate too much until they actually put the final nail on the coffin...</div>

I know, it totally felt like the Warriors would lose, but then Dirk turned into Troy Murphy (as in great numbers, but couldn't do anything and got burned on defense). [​IMG]

You're right that the Warriors can't get cocky because a better team would have whooped us considering how many offensive rebounds we gave up and free throws we missed. Plus, during a few moments we stopped doing the drive and kick and settled for one-on-one off the dribble three pointers. Off the dribble two pointers are okay, because I know many players can make that shot, but off the dribble threes? Dang... That stuff just doesn't fly all the time, unless we're talking about an unconscious Baron Davis and his monstrous shots this game. Baron basically won the game with that halfcourt heave because he sure couldn't win at the free throw line. LOL.

Pietrus had some nice plays, now hopefully Harrington and Ellis become x-factors... especially Harrington. That guy has sucked.

9. Basketballer05

Basketballer05 JBB JustBBall Member

Can anybody please tell me what happened to Monta today? Why did he play so bad? 0 points is just not acceptable.

10. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

11. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Best Alba Pic from Tonight

[​IMG]

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]</div>

Thank you AF! Classic!

And I love Jessica Alba!

13. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

You guys are so lucky.

The DALLAS MAVERICKS....you just ran right through them.

14. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">igotask8board Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You guys are so lucky.

The DALLAS MAVERICKS....you just ran right through them.</div>

Yeah, the Warriors have had the Mavericks' number for about a year now. I hope the Warriors can stretch this run vs Dallas and pick up one more win to advance to the second round.

Also I wonder if the Mavericks are reconsidering resting their starters during the last week of the regular season vs the Warriors. Maybe they wished they could have played the Clippers...

15. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

Guys, would you guys get mad if I join the Warriors bandwagon?

I swear it's not cause they're beating the Mavs, I just absolutely love this team, they are becoming my 2nd favorite team over the Chicago Bulls.

B Diddy is the fckin man, this cat is just amazing to watch.

BAY AREA STAND THE FCUK UP!!!!

16. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Windmill360? Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wealp. you guys are the better team and deserve to win. The series is over. Life moves on. Don't have a clue as to what will happen next year. I mean basically the same guys have gone through the same choke job two years in a row. I wonder if it's a liability to keep them around considering their dismantled psyche (sp?).</div>

As much as I hope the Warriors win the series, it ain't over yet homie.

Last year's Lakers lost to Suns in the 3-1 comeback has left me traumatized, so anything is possible.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Clif25:</div><div class="quote_post">Also I wonder if the Mavericks are reconsidering resting their starters during the last week of the regular season vs the Warriors. Maybe they wished they could have played the Clippers...</div>

Yup, I been tellin my friends for a while, Mavs fcked up by not taking that game serious and could have faced the Clippers if they won that game, they really messed up bad.

Mark Cuban must be LIVING It right now.

17. Basketballer05

Basketballer05 JBB JustBBall Member

So was there any reason at all why Monta Ellis got 0 points?

18. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

Unbelievable!!!!!

19. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Basketballer05 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So was there any reason at all why Monta Ellis got 0 points?</div>

Because he didnt get the ball in the hoop? [​IMG]

20. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]</div>

LOL! That was priceless.