Playoffs Game 5: Warriors @ Mavericks

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, May 1, 2007.

1. Basketballer05

Basketballer05 JBB JustBBall Member

Mavs are shocking in the playoffs [​IMG] They have choked the last 2 years.

Dirk Nowitzki is a shocking leader, he is too soft and always whines. Even if Dallas win the series, they still choked.

Warriors will take this series easily. Mavericks are terrible.

Monta needs more minutes, when will Don Nelson relise it.

2. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Basketballer05 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Mavs are shocking in the playoffs [​IMG] They have choked the last 2 years.

Dirk Nowitzki is a shocking leader, he is too soft and always whines. Even if Dallas win the series, they still choked.

Warriors will take this series easily. Mavericks are terrible.

Monta needs more minutes, when will Don Nelson relise it.</div>

Go away.

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I think we'll win the next one at home.

4. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Dallas dodged a bullet tonight. GS shoulda closed them out..... Dallas has some momentum now.

5. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think we'll win the next one at home.</div>

Or, we'll lose and we're really screwed...

6. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors commits suicide tonight and for the first time, in the final 2minutes, they shown lack of experience.

GO WARRIORS!

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

These games are just too hype, wow. Baron didn't foul Howard though, it looked like he was going to, but he realized he had 5 fouls or something. He didn't touch him, but from the refs angle behind him, and also the situaiton in the game (you expect the intentional foul at that time), it's understandable that the call was made.

8. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Dammnnn. That was an exciting ass game. I anticipate the Warriors should be able to close it out in Oakland, but damn, they shoulda closed that **** out tonight.

BTW, Baron Davis is incredible.

9. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Dirk came in when they needed it with that block and the two threes.

Devin Harris brought his A game, too.

10. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Dirk's annoying. Hopefully he'll be a mess again in Game 6.

11. LBJ2006MVP

LBJ2006MVP JBB JustBBall Member

damn Dirk .....I thought it was over. AND OMG WHY THE HELL DID J-rich take that 3pter with 30sec to go and down 2.....

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

How awesome were today's game? Both had intense finishes.

13. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

The warriors are young and this is a learning experience as i am sure Nelson will soon spin.

I think ..... and i hate to say it after he shot so well..... but GEt Barnes out of the game. He blows that rebound..... I think Harrington would have been better suited for that moment..... and then in his haste for glory..... how many shots did he jack up in the final 3 minutes.? BArnes killed us down the stretch..... and the final shot ....what the hell is he doing..... spacing moron barnes spacing..... the ball was to j-rich and he brings his man right over to him.....

BArnes .... no matter how many shots he hits.... his stupidity on the court....thinking he is a point guard...throwing non chalant oops.... making bad decisions.... being in the wrong spot.... getting glory happy thinking he is a volue must shoot star..... and the way he secures a board..... the stupid spin moves.... all of it..... just turns me off....

I just hope BArnes is not a Warrior next season....

14. LBJ2006MVP

LBJ2006MVP JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The warriors are young and this is a learning experience as i am sure Nelson will soon spin.

I think ..... and i hate to say it after he shot so well..... but GEt Barnes out of the game. He blows that rebound..... I think Harrington would have been better suited for that moment..... and then in his haste for glory..... how many shots did he jack up in the final 3 minutes.? BArnes killed us down the stretch..... and the final shot ....what the hell is he doing..... spacing moron barnes spacing..... the ball was to j-rich and he brings his man right over to him.....

BArnes .... no matter how many shots he hits.... his stupidity on the court....thinking he is a point guard...throwing non chalant oops.... making bad decisions.... being in the wrong spot.... getting glory happy thinking he is a volue must shoot star..... and the way he secures a board..... the stupid spin moves.... all of it..... just turns me off....

I just hope BArnes is not a Warrior next season....</div>

Hey man Barnes did make a lot of crazy shots and drunks. Who would get those rebounds? Barnes everyone makes mistakes!!!!

15. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The warriors are young and this is a learning experience as i am sure Nelson will soon spin.

I haven't seen Warriors games all year like you have, but from what I've seen Barnes has been great this series. I don't know the Warriors as well as you but this definitely would be different for the worse if Barnes hadn't played. He sorta choked at the end, but overall he didn't do too bad.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Dirk was great down the stretch tonight.

Warriors were HORRIBLE down the stretch. Bad defense, couldn't figure out how to sotp Devin Harris, ball movement was gone, when Baron was forced to give it up everyone just stood around and we ended up with a bad shot.

17. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Barnes was AWESOME tonight, in my opinion.

18. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Really exciting game.. but the Warriors should be able to close it out at home on thursday. Or we might see another Collapse as the Lakers- Suns series.

19. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Damn I thought Barnes played a great game lol. At the end all of the Warriors were out of sync. It really killed them when Dallas kept the ball out of Davis's hands, and then when he fouled out.

BTW: That ejection on jackson was ridiculous. He wasn't even looking at the official...

20. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lol -- Baron didn't even try to foul, and the ref just anticipated he was going to foul so he blew the whistle. That's just a brain-fart by the ref.</div>

The refs called the game like that all night. They blew the whistle before there was even contact. They did it on both ends, but another big play where this happened was Dirk going to the basket and getting packed by Matt Barnes. I don't know where the foul was there.

And Stephen Jackson gets ejected? They should have thrown Jason Terry out long before that, at least, for his take down of Baron Davis, if they are going to be like that.

Whatever, the final stats show that this was a close game. Man, I really wanted to see the Warriors close it out tonight. But the good thing is that they will be coming home and hopefully the fans can get the refs to rejoin the Warriors side [​IMG]. And hopefully the Warriors just take down the Mavericks.

By the way, Jason Richardson needs to take the open 2 when he blew by Dirk on the pump fake. Don't do a bad pass outside to Pietrus. That was just a horrible play there.

I think the biggest stat tonight is that the Warriors only got 1 block shot the whole game. The Mavs only 2. I think that says a lot about how the refs were calling the game (now I'm not saying the refs lost it for the Warriors; but that type of officiating doesn't benefit the Warriors, especially in close games).