Playoffs Game 5: Warriors @ Mavericks

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, May 1, 2007.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dirk was great down the stretch tonight.

Warriors were HORRIBLE down the stretch. Bad defense, couldn't figure out how to sotp Devin Harris, ball movement was gone, when Baron was forced to give it up everyone just stood around and we ended up with a bad shot.</div>

Warriors were great down the stretch, until the final few possessions, when Dalls threw that quick double on Baron at halfcourt. The problem was Baron would give it up but then the Warriors would just stand and not attack the rim. I imagine Nellie will be ready for that blatant double next game.

But the Warriors came back from down 20 and got up 9. That was a TREMEMDOUS effort, and my hat goes off. Now it's time to finish it on Thursday.

<font size=""6"">WARRIORS!!!</font>

2. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">By the way, Jason Richardson needs to take the open 2 when he blew by Dirk on the pump fake. Don't do a bad pass outside to Pietrus. That was just a horrible play there.
    </div>

I totally agree. I think in the huddle their plan was to either get the 2-for-1 or take as much time off the clock before shooting. It looked like JRich was about to shoot and then decided to work the clock a bit longer or something. Oh well he still played a PHENOMENAL game with those clutch threes and high-flying alley-oop dunk.

If they suspend Jackson that will be fukin debacle. That quick ejection looked like another referee ego trip, ala Joey Crawford on Duncan. I mean the crowd was too loud to hear any potential words. All he saw was the clapping, like game 2, and got too sensitive. That was a rookie show of emotion on the part of the ref, and I hope Stern correctly sees it that way.

3. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Its better for the Warriors to win at home.. I want to see all the fans partying crazily again.[​IMG]

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The refs called the game like that all night. They blew the whistle before there was even contact. They did it on both ends, but another big play where this happened was Dirk going to the basket and getting packed by Matt Barnes. I don't know where the foul was there.

And Stephen Jackson gets ejected? They should have thrown Jason Terry out long before that, at least, for his take down of Baron Davis, if they are going to be like that.

Whatever, the final stats show that this was a close game. Man, I really wanted to see the Warriors close it out tonight. But the good thing is that they will be coming home and hopefully the fans can get the refs to rejoin the Warriors side [​IMG]. And hopefully the Warriors just take down the Mavericks.

By the way, Jason Richardson needs to take the open 2 when he blew by Dirk on the pump fake. Don't do a bad pass outside to Pietrus. That was just a horrible play there.

I think the biggest stat tonight is that the Warriors only got 1 block shot the whole game. The Mavs only 2. I think that says a lot about how the refs were calling the game (now I'm not saying the refs lost it for the Warriors; but that type of officiating doesn't benefit the Warriors, especially in close games).</div>

Agree on all points.

5. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I totally agree. I think in the huddle their plan was to either get the 2-for-1 or take as much time off the clock before shooting. It looked like JRich was about to shoot and then decided to work the clock a bit longer or something. Oh well he still played a PHENOMENAL game with those clutch threes and high-flying alley-oop dunk.

If they suspend Jackson that will be fukin debacle. That quick ejection looked like another referee ego trip, ala Joey Crawford on Duncan. I mean the crowd was too loud to hear any potential words. All he saw was the clapping, like game 2, and got too sensitive. That was a rookie show of emotion on the part of the ref, and I hope Stern correctly sees it that way.</div>

They can't suspend Jackson. He was dumb for being a wiseass doing that in front of the ref, but you can't be suspended for that. JRich got fouled and that should've been called, and I'm still not sure what Baron Davis did to get his sixth foul. Sure Baron's foul was huge, but you can't get so bent out of shape that you forget about the game. I dunno. Maybe it was too late by then, but the Warriors imploded when they thought they were going to lose.

6. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They can't suspend Jackson. He was dumb for being a wiseass doing that in front of the ref, but you can't be suspended for that. JRich got fouled and that should've been called, and I'm still not sure what Baron Davis did to get his sixth foul. Sure Baron's foul was huge, but you can't get so bent out of shape that you forget about the game. I dunno. Maybe it was too late by then, but the Warriors imploded when they thought they were going to lose.</div>

Yeah, they kind of slipped into that, play not to lose mode, which is not their style and they came up short because of it. Dallas made a good adjustment to close the game out defensively. But the Warriors passed it nicely, and had some open looks or were able to get open looks, but they just didn't take them (maybe they were focusing too much on passing and taking care of the ball than making the shot), and they missed the shots they did take.

I think the game ended after the Warriors/Barnes failed to come up with the rebound off the free throw, which was before Jackson got ejected.

7. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Barnes did play well tonight for him.... I am just sick of all the errors he makes. MAybe it is a full season of watching him do the same nonchalant passes and bad decisions. He just doesnt learn from things and now when it counts he tries to pull the same crap. I have watched every warriors game but the Minnesota game that was not televised down here and i dont like his game. We are fortunate that he is shooting well right now and with confidence.... because he had a stretch during the season that was plain ugly.... not doing anything positive...

When he plays within himself he is fine.... and just concentrates on being the hustle guy.....

It is when he is jacking up shots, bringing the ball up trying to be steve nash with it, doing crazy floater and spin shots and reach fouls that i hate him.

If he wouls just pound the boards, shoot the open J when it is there, set screens, defer to ball handlers to bring the ball up and stay in motion i would be much happier with him

8. AlleyOop

Dirk was 14-15 from the line. The Warriors were 18-26 as a team. Mavs shot 10 more free throws than GS.

9. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dirk was 14-15 from the line. The Warriors were 18-26 as a team. Mavs shot 10 more free throws than GS.</div>

Yeah, I can't complain too much as I think the Warriors had a similar advantage probably in game 4 or so. Jason Richardson had 0 FT's. He had a great game, but he would be unstoppable if he could develop some type of a game where he could get to the FT line like Stackhouse/Maggette.

Also I liked how the team got Biedrins in the game again. When Biedrins is getting open shots because of how the Mavs are playing defense, then that just gives the Mavericks huge problems. I missed the first half, but I am surprised as it appears that Biedrins' production only seems to have come from the 3rd quarter or so. I was thinking Andris would have helped defensively when Harris was getting to the hoop as well. But that's just nit-picking at how good of a job Nelson has done with his rotation so far.

10. NTC

NTC Active Member

At least you guys have 2 more chances to finish off the Mavericks. Game 6 is back in Oakland correct? You fans need to be cheering your hearts out for this team in that game.

11. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Oh well, Warriors ain't got nothing to lose, Mr. Avery Johnson. Bring on game six because it's Jessica Alba time. Oh yeah...

And now would be a good time for Charles Barkley to make another one of his bold predictions.

Warriors did well to get themselves back in the game, but it was such an anticlimatic ending with guys taking ugly shot selection and then missing foul shots...

12. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Ellis looks like a damn JV point guard on the court. He looks lost most of the time like when he threw a pass to al down court when he wasn't even looking

13. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

I wouldn't be too worried, the Mavs played as good as they could tonight, and still barely hung on despite the warriors not playing their best ball...oh well this has been a fun series, and at least we get another game (eventhough I know you guys want to get this over with, lol)

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Did anybody else see Barkley kissing ass and trying to make amends during the halftime show?

15. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

barkley kissing ass?????.......no....that's not like him....

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Did anybody else see Barkley kissing ass and trying to make amends during the halftime show?</div>

again???

[​IMG]

and here's the other end...

[​IMG]

17. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

lol. Yea, he was trying to make it look like it was just a big misunderstanding that spiralled out of control. Kind of like when he and Kobe got into that "text war." Came off pretty lame.

18. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Barkley must've found out that his hate on the Warriors is what was helping them win, so now he's trying to give some respect to make the Warriors lose. That butthole!

Anyway, this has got to be the most exciting series in both conferences. And it's a 1 vs 8 matchup!

19. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I'm loving this series, but it's also killing me. So many ups and downs and on game day I can't do anything except wait for the game. I'm not sure how much longer I can last. Didn't think being a fan could be this stressful.

20. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm loving this series, but it's also killing me. So many ups and downs and on game day I can't do anything except wait for the game.</div>

I know what you mean. It's like a close hockey game... it's so nerve racking seeing the ball whip around so fast and you can't even figure out what's going to happen next because it's just so fast paced and gutsy.

The Warriors kept going back and forth today it was really fun to watch, but at the same time, the ending was a heartbreaker. Terrible warriors shot selection and defensive rotations... But I was expecting a blowout... didn't happen... so.... yeah!

Avery thinks the pressure is on the Warriors, but... what pressure? LOL. We're not expected to win or closeout. We don't have the depth, really, but somehow we won 3... We win either way whether win the series or lose the series. We lose, we fought the good fight and made it pretty far for a team that was the 8th seed and absent from the playoffs for almost 13 years. Playoff experience and depth was a big issue for us, not for Dallas.

If we win, we beat Goliath and get even more respect for being the third or fourth team to defeat a first seed as an 8th seeded team.

Plus, the Warriors are awfully good at home... they are such headcases that they need the home fans to really hype them up to do extroardinary feats... like rebound, play good D, and shoot free throws.