Playoffs = nope

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Don't have a problem with Monta not making it. IMO Aldridge should have though. Hes been a monster lately and hes the man on a winning team. Griffin, Love, and Monta all play on shitty teams so they're subject to be outsiders and IMO thats fair. I'd pick Griffin over Love though. I've always been a fan of Love but I really feel like his numbers are inflated and if you're judging by how much coaches are worried about gameplanning for a player I think Griffin is a big time concern, Love isn't so much.

2. Clif10

Clif10 Member

I suppose when you have the best record in the league you need multiple all stars but I don't think Duncan and Ginoboli are all stars. The Spurs are great and all, but really? Take these two out and insert Love and Ellis. Our record is not that bad and the Warriors are one of the most improved teams.

Looks like Love replaces Yao.

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I really think selecting all-star candidates based on winning teams is a joke. The only factor team winning percentage should play is in a tie. Two awesome players, with similar stats... okay then use the winning team to decide who gets in. But that should be a very insignificant part.

The all-star game is about who are the best players. The NBA playoffs are about who is the best team.
    For example, Paul Pierce over Danny Granger? Pierce is 19.1 PPG/5 RPG/3.3 APG... Granger is 21 PPG/5.6 RPG/2.8 APG... Pierce shoots the three a little better, but overall Granger has better numbers than Pierce...

Maybe the the big three of Miami should negotiate pay cuts with the fab four of the Celtics, and then they can all be on the Celtics together, the "super 7," and we can have 7 Celtics in the all-star game every year.

I mean, seriously... Manu Ginobli? That's the biggest laugher of them all. Anyone who says he's having an MVP year... really? Steinmetz, really? Great, the Spurs are friggin amazing. They're on the verge of history. Great, let them win the finals, and let Ginobli get the MVP of the finals.

But 18.7 PPG/ 4.9 APG/3.9 RPG.. shooting a whopping 43% from the field and 37% from three... are you kidding me?

Whose numbers are better than his? Oh, let me count the ways. Monta Ellis, Eric Gordan, Kevin Martin, Steve Nash... you can even argue Tyreke Evans...

Ginobli is a good role player on a veteran team. He is not an all-star this year. That's just not right IMO.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I think at least 1 player from each team ought to be represented at the all-star game. Otherwise, why the heck would I watch it if none of my faves are there. I'm not watching all-star weekend unless there is something I am interested in seeing. Each team, no matter how bad, has at least one player that is propping their team up.

5. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

I completely agree with the assessment that we are just too soft. On both sides of the court. And yes, I agree that's why we can never get to the line. However, I just found a stat that was both surprising and interesting. Did you know that Monta averages the 2nd most free throw attempts of any player in the NBA in "clutch time"? He's second only to Kobe. Interesting stat. In general, his "clutch" numbers are better than I would have thought. Check it out...
    http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT9.HTM