Game Thread PLAYOFFS: ROUND 1, GAME 2: PELICANS @ BLAZERS - APRIL 17, 2018, TUESDAY, 7:30 PM (PDT), TNT & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Apr 15, 2018.

?

What/who was the primary reason for Game 1's loss?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2018.
  1. Olshey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stotts/Blazers' coaching staff

29.3%
  3. Blazers' starters

48.0%
  4. Blazers' bench

1.3%
  5. Alvin Gentry/Pelican's coaching staff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Anthony Davis

5.3%
  7. Jrue Holiday

10.7%
  8. Pelicans' players in general

2.7%
  9. Referees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Portland crowd/fans

2.7%
  1. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

I posted who is to blame above you.

Also posting 'HAHAHAHA' and 'puts a smile on my face', in a post after a frustrating and emotional Blazers loss like last night is always going to get a heated and negative response.

2. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

It's another discussion altogether but how good are Pelicans going to be once Cousins returns?

I think they'd be tough to handle even for the best teams in the league, with Jrue and Davis playing this way. Mirotic is a very threatening player off the bench and they have plenty of decent shooters that you need to pay attention to on the perimeter. Maybe not contender level but definitely a team that should have a HCA in the West.

We wouldn't even be close in this series if Boogie was healthy and it's a worry. I know people dismiss the fact that we got our 3rd seed largely due to injuries in other teams and it doesnt' really matter if you do well in the playoffs and have a season to remember but if you completely fail in the playoffs (direction we seem to be heading in), it really does matter because it helps you evaluate the strength of the team and make moves.

TBpup likes this.
  3. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

That Mirotic three when we were 100-99 ahead was crucial. He doesn't make that one, we score back and the game could go our way.

trailblazer18 and SIeepwalker like this.
  4. Lukee

Lukee Well-Known Member

That was some crazy shoot.

5. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

You do you

6. Jason W Strickland

Jason W Strickland New Member

What is it with all the Pels bashing on here. Some of you speak as if you are were such a far superior team and have no business losing to a lowly NOLA shitty city, pseudo fanbase team. The record shows you were only one game better over an 82 game season. In fact, just like every western conference playoff team outside of Houston and Golden State, only 3 games separated you from the 3 seed and missing the playoffs all together. Just curious as I've seen this sentiment echoed by many posters here.

UKRAINEFAN and Nikolokolus like this.
  7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yeah that is true. West was full of teams of similar quality this year, below Warriors you could see any team between 3 and 10 beat another team from the same places over 7 games. I don't think it's an embarrassment to lose to New Orleans, it's however very disappointing to be 2-0 down in the series after two home games. We should make good use of homecourt advantage and we haven't done that at all.

Also, if everyone is healthy Timberwolves and Pelicans are better teams than us. Probably OKC too.

Nikolokolus and TBpup like this.
  8. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

I agree. My heart sank when he nailed that. Can we sign Bobby Portis for the rest of the series?

SIeepwalker likes this.
  9. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Dame is being delusional. This is going to be a sweep if he doesn't figure out when there are three guys guarding him there are two open players on the court. They are throwing a blanket on him and he can't find an open shooter.
    Yes the small lineup seems to frustrate Davis a bit but not having Nurk on the court killed the team. He is big enough to set a real screen and he can keep them honest on defense. That lineup will only work for short stretches. You can't go with that group for an entire fourth quarter because it depends only on Aminu/Harkless/Collins making open looks from three. There was nobody that could roll to the rim on the offensive side. Though they did fight their way to a few nice put back type buckets.

I agree this is a seven game series but that is only if they can get a win next game. We all know there has NEVER been a team come back from 0-3. And no this will not be the first team to do it. "Why not us" will not fly this year.....

B-Roy likes this.
  10. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing this for the last 10-15 games. When Harkless went down Turner came in and the chemistry changed. Then Davis went down and it got worse. Then Lillard got hurt and CJ was trying to win games by himself.
    This is a problem.

B-Roy likes this.
  11. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

12. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    BTW, I am not down on Nurk. He is a really good player against a lot of teams; he just doesn't have the quickness needed to guard Davis or Mirotic.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  13. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

People are freaking out more about the Blazers I think, more than they are dismissing the Pelicans. Frankly, I'll bet most people around here watched the Pelicans four times during the regular season (when they played the Blazers) and don't really understand just how good Anthony Davis is. I'll be frank, I've probably only watched them play a dozen times all year, and I didn't expect Holliday and Rondo to be this dominant (that's where the series turned in my opinion -- too many leaks in the dam to plug).

Darkwebs likes this.
  14. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Yeah, but who does really? He kills everyone.

15. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't realize Lillard didn't give a crap and didn't bother to even make an effort to close out on Rondo...Hey Hark, guard two guys while I try to double team, and yep, too lazy to give an effort. I know he probably wouldn't have gotten there, but the optics are bad, got to give an effort.

16. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

Next season when Dame gets another All-star and Holiday gets another snub, Rondo will be laughing his a** lol

Nikolokolus likes this.
  17. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Please don't be that guy. You are harping on Olshey for not trading our pick for Mirotic, admitting that you would have kept the pick yourself most likely, and then criticizing Olshey for not using that pick on the right guy when the draft is over two months away.

18. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Two days? He's had SIX YEARS to figure out what to do when Dame gets doubled!!!

UKRAINEFAN and Jade Falcon like this.
  19. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

20. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

I'm letting these losses affect my day way too much.

Woke up after a weary night depressed. Such a disappointment.